Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
Puppy become aggresive after vaccination

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 16, 2006, 8:53 AM

Post #1 of 6 (11202 views)
Shortcut
Puppy become aggresive after vaccination Can't Post

Well.. my little puppy become so aggresive after taking his jab today.. Keep on running around.. And barking.. Izit that he still feel the pain? He look unsettle.. Anything i can do to calm it down? He so afraid of me now.. Everytime i try to approach him, he will jump aggresively at me ><.. Anyone experience this kinda situation b4?

-------------------------------------------------
Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2006, 1:05 AM

Post #2 of 6 (11193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Puppy become aggresive after vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

usually puppies tends to get depressed n moody after vacination...ur case, is a rare 1....

how long do this situation persist?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 18, 2006, 1:05 AM)

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2006, 4:53 AM

Post #3 of 6 (11190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Puppy become aggresive after vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm.. he seems to be better now.. Not so aggressive.. I think the jab sked him liao.. Now he better dy..

Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^

alicebear

May 13, 2007, 7:42 PM

Post #4 of 6 (11042 views)
Shortcut

My pup just got his second jab few days ago. My pup also have the similiar symptom like what you said. He becomes aggresive and kinda of hot temper. Yesterday he vomit and diarrhea so I bring him to vet. When I tried to feed him the medicine he becomes very aggresive and likes try to bite me Unsure Is he don't like the medicine or is it the side effect of the second jab? It shock me when he likes try to bite me Any ideas?

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

May 16, 2007, 5:53 PM

Post #5 of 6 (11014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicebear] Puppy become aggresive after vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My pup just got his second jab few days ago. My pup also have the similiar symptom like what you said. He becomes aggresive and kinda of hot temper. Yesterday he vomit and diarrhea so I bring him to vet. When I tried to feed him the medicine he becomes very aggresive and likes try to bite me Unsure Is he don't like the medicine or is it the side effect of the second jab? It shock me when he likes try to bite me Any ideas?

For a puppy to stop eating, vomiting and loosing appetite mean he/she is feeling really crappy. Some dogs just react to their booster shots. Generally, no treatment is warranted. It can take a few days before they start acting normal again. It's common for them to not want to eat much and to feel tired.

Vaccinations are basically lower doses of a disease that the dog is capable of fighting off. You just have to give him time to wear off the vaccination dosage. Vaccines do not stimulate immunity immediately after they are administered. Once a vaccine is administered, the antigens must be recognized, responded to, and remembered by the immune system. In most animals, disease protection does not begin until five days after vaccination. Full protection from a vaccine usually takes up to fourteen days.

I wouldn't be too worried unless this continues for a week or more.

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on May 16, 2007, 5:59 PM)

celestine
New User

Sep 27, 2009, 4:00 AM

Post #6 of 6 (7879 views)
Shortcut

Maybe it is scared of the jab.You must gave it some dog treats to clam down.This HELP my dog to clam down.

WISH A VERY GOOD LUCK TO YOUR PUPPY

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my