Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Pulling and tearing newspapers (toilet)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2006, 5:47 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3335 views)
Shortcut
Pulling and tearing newspapers (toilet) Can't Post

Molly is perfectly toilet trained, means she knows that the newsppers are her only toilet...

the thing is, she likes to tear newspapers apart !

how to solve this ? actually, she is leashed in the living room balcony, where theres a corner of newspapers where she knows thta is her toilet.. but when she's playing the toys, she always acciddentally bring the toys over to her 'toilet' ... end up the toys being on the newspapers.. euuu...

when she is tired of her toys, she will approach the newspper corner and tear the newspp...

everymorning, i will see newsppr scraps on the floor...

how do u solve such problems?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

L1yng
Novice

May 30, 2007, 4:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Pulling and tearing newspapers (toilet) [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown I'm having the same problem with my new MS too. She's almost 3months old now. I'm training her to go on a puppy pad since i bring her home. She'll do it right most of the time but she likes to chew up her pauupy pad as well. Whenever i'm around to catch her doing it, she's be a good girl leaving the pad alone. But as soon as i leave for work or off to sleep, i'll come back with the pad all tear up and the cotton in the pad flying all over the house. Pirate To make the situation worse, she'll steps on her peepee and poopoo and then run around her area. I'm really running out of ideas on how to make her stop destroying her pad since i can not catch her on her act to tell her no.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Pulling and tearing newspapers (toilet) [In reply to] Can't Post

The reason why dogs do that....boredom mainly.

It is like telling you that they are bored and they need to play or walk. It is a sign of a protest. Some dogs chewed a sofa.

Stop the dog right there every time you see him/her do that. Remove your dog and say NO (stern voice not yell) If your dog still want to approach the area, warn your dog.

Try as to give your dog exercise like walking or playing if you have time. It seems to me your dog is feeling bored and confined in the same area every day. Would you be happy if someone leashed you near the toilet in a small area like that?
Dog behaviorist.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my