Molly barks at visitors who came home with me

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2006, 5:03 AM

Post #1 of 51 (5979 views)
Shortcut
Molly barks at visitors who came home with me Can't Post

recently, i realise whenever i come home with friends, molly will bark.. what makes her behave this way? isit she hates visitors ?

but when im not at home, whenever friends of my hsmate or even my hsmates come home, she will sit quietly wagging her tail..

my hsmates told me is only when im at home, she will bark at visitors, and even hsmates sometimes..

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

shiuan
Novice

Oct 26, 2006, 10:46 AM

Post #2 of 51 (5964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

hi molly's master....it's normal to some dogs...i have seen quite a lot of cases like this before...bark in front of their master,but keep quiet when master is not aorund.i think dogs like to "show off"...they want to prove to master that they are "loyal","protective"...protect their masters.i think we couldnt change this behaviour(thier behavious),this is their nature...they born like this.actually you can try to ask your friends to show friendly to molly(even if molly barks like hell) everytime they come to your house.i strongly believe molly wont take any offensive action if she doesnt feel being threaten,but show friendly..so...take it easy:)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 26, 2006, 11:52 PM

Post #3 of 51 (5960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shiuan] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

shiuan...

yeah i guess so.. luckily she just barks and not bite

just that sometimes my frens got so scared of her barking hahaha ! will try explain to them

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 2, 2006, 1:17 AM

Post #4 of 51 (5952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i share the same exp as u....but worse, my doggies will bark even if i am at home...as long as there are visitors or anyone coming near the doorstep....Crazy

tried to keep them quite....used the method u tot me...close their mouth..hahahha...so far no improvement yet..coz once i release the mouth, will start againUnsure..will still bark non-stop..at least until the visitor pat them la....hv to explain to my visitors that normally they are very kuai....sigh.....

but one funny thing is...both of them love my grandaunty...when she came, they don bark....they will go near here and let her pat them...but they will bark at my granduncle la.....hahahaha

i guess my grandaunty has this 'canine attraction' kua....hehehehehhee

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

crust
Novice

Nov 13, 2006, 6:44 PM

Post #5 of 51 (5935 views)
Shortcut

My doggie will bark at anyone that comes to my house. Usually I will just carry her up, stroke her and ask her to be quiet. But recently, my bro did this when his friends came over and I wasn't not around. He made all his friends to say hie to my doggie, stroke her and play with her for a while. She was all good after that. I guess you could try that.

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 13, 2006, 9:59 PM

Post #6 of 51 (5934 views)
Shortcut

dunno i have to say it a good thing or not....my Goofy don't bark at all!!Blush...the only thing he bark at is dogs which are bigger than him!!!Crazythose dogs that are same size with him or just slightly bigger, he'll go and make friends...but when he see dogs which is much more bigger (at least 3 or 4 much bigger than his size) he'll bark furiously, like wanna go fight the dog!!Madhaha

he won't bark at all most of the time...he'll go very very friendly to anyone...even strangers..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 9:49 PM

Post #7 of 51 (5919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe....i like my dog to bark.....this make me 'feel' that she's full of confident n can help to scare ppl of...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 23, 2006, 10:14 PM

Post #8 of 51 (5917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

b4 this, i think as u think...prefer him to bark, makes him look like more confidence and can bark off ppl i don't like..Laugh...but now i think better not to think this way, coz his bark is in very very high tone and very very loud!! scared might once start bark, then couldn't control and disturb neighbours lagi teruk...Unsure very confusing lah...dunno wanna teach him bark or not..hahaha..Laughcoz he even make friends to stranger..then how am i going to train him to be a watch dog...Crazy

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 10:20 PM

Post #9 of 51 (5915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i didn't train her to bark @ stranger....it juz her natural behaviour....

everytime there's a stranger arrive @ my house.....she'll bark her heart off until i came out to calm her down...

but luckily she know how to recognize faces.....she dun bark @ relative who came to visit...

it definately be a prob if she constantly barking n disturb others....but v can alwiz make them 'shut up' rite?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 23, 2006, 10:25 PM

Post #10 of 51 (5913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

then i wish i could 'train' Goofy to bark like urs....means bark when neccessary and controlable...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 10:53 PM

Post #11 of 51 (5909 views)
Shortcut

goofy is a small dog....so u can juz easily close his muzzle...

tat's wat i use to do....

when negotiating with her failed...i'll start to use force...either closing her muzzle or stangle her...Laugh

Pacco de Mongrel

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 23, 2006, 11:10 PM

Post #12 of 51 (5908 views)
Shortcut

the matter now is i can't get him to start barking..hahaLaughCrazy

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 28, 2006, 11:33 PM

Post #13 of 51 (5900 views)
Shortcut

hihi,

i think it's fine if goofy doesn;t bark...well...he does bark but only at certain dogs rite? i think that should be fine...

u really want to make him bark ah? later non stop, headache lo...

my girls will bark at any passerby (if i open the door and they could see outside the house)...so i ended up have to close the door...coz if not, they will bark not stop....and scare ppl...coz i stay in apartment and there will always be ppl walk pass my house...

i'l be glad if they are like goofy....won bark...hehehehee

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 29, 2006, 12:05 AM

Post #14 of 51 (5898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

Laughyah ...u r rite...that's y till now i don't dare to try anyway to make him bark..hahaha...scared go non stop, then i'll get big big headache as Goofy's bark really sharp and loud.....in very high tune!!Tongue

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2006, 4:20 AM

Post #15 of 51 (5880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

jessicaohh...

opps. so long never reply u.. just got online now..

anyway, so until now, still got any improvement on barking ?

ya i guess there must be somebody out there whom our kids who like to bark nonstop can reach out peacefuly hehehe ! so far molly is doing fine.. kekeke

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2006, 4:49 AM

Post #16 of 51 (5878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crust] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

crust..

oh well thanks for ur advice ! that's very useful !

ya i will try that on my gurll see got improvement anot.. haha !

anyway, how old is ur kid?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2006, 5:06 AM

Post #17 of 51 (5876 views)
Shortcut

goofydip...

so sorry now oni reply.. been away from internet lately.. cus of training..

well, not to say its not good that ur kid doesnt bark at all.. but a dog's suppose to bark at harm approaching... since its not barking at ANYONE, then i suggest u train him/her to bark at bad guys, or at least at someone u think is suspective..

in a sense, ur dog's supposed to be ur fren and protector..

as for wanting to fight with bigger dogs, i would say its becos ur kid's afraid, and wants to show superiorship.. as in how little boys will argue to 'win a little' ... don u think so?

crust
Novice

Dec 5, 2006, 5:32 PM

Post #18 of 51 (5875 views)
Shortcut

You're welcome. Hopefully the method will be useful for you.

My kid is 1.5 years old.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2006, 1:47 AM

Post #19 of 51 (5867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crust] Molly barks at visitors who came home with me [In reply to] Can't Post

crust..

thanks ... i hope the method works too...

ohh ur kid f/m? shi tzu isit? my molly only 5 mths

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 6, 2006, 6:22 PM

Post #20 of 51 (5860 views)
Shortcut

hi jane,

yeah...the method is working...hehehehe...

nowadays, each time sasha starts to bark, i will say 'shhh'...then she will keep quiet for a while barking again...but usually when the 2nd time she barks, her eyes will be like try to look at me to see if i will be angry if she continues barking....hehehehehehee

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 7, 2006, 4:34 AM

Post #21 of 51 (5857 views)
Shortcut

jessicaohh..

glad that the method works

haha..sasha very cute la.. but i guess most furkids will curi curi look at us see wat our reaction hehehe....

crust
Novice

Dec 7, 2006, 8:08 PM

Post #22 of 51 (5851 views)
Shortcut

My kid is a female. Her name is Belle. She is actually a mix between shih tzu and poodle. Damn weird mix la Tongue

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2006, 4:05 AM

Post #23 of 51 (5844 views)
Shortcut

crust...

Belle.. nice name.. sounds pretty, and i bet little Belle is pretty too .. can see that

anyway, a mix between shih tzu and poodle quite unique.. ahahaha... to some ppl might be wierd, but to me, is still a cutie

crust
Novice

Dec 15, 2006, 6:10 PM

Post #24 of 51 (5831 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, she is a cutie. I bet all of us think that our dog is the cutest thing on earth . hahaha.

It is a very unique breed. My boyfriend was just asking me the other day whether I wanna let her be a mummy or not. I never thought of it but even if I want too, I want her to breed with her own mix. Don't wanna rojak 'em

Anyway, I always wanted to tell you this, but forget la...I like the way Molly pose in her pix. Damn cute la What breed is she?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2006, 2:14 AM

Post #25 of 51 (5824 views)
Shortcut

crust...

thats rite.. our cuties' are the MOST CUTE in this world !

become mommy is good.. but yalo like wat u say, better not rojak too much.. if not.. cant really expect wat comes out from tummy haha !

for molly, thanks a lot ! she's just the poshy way she is... and she's a cross between a lab and a border collie...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my