My silky vomited yellow liquid
View Results (0 votes)

adehow
Novice

Oct 2, 2006, 5:49 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1390 views)
Shortcut
My silky vomited yellow liquid Can't Post

My baby vomited yellow liquid for the past 3 days.... somebody please help.

I am worry....

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Oct 2, 2006, 7:25 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adehow] My silky vomited yellow liquid [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

from what I know ( my vet told me), if it's yellow liquid, meaning stomach discomfort...did u bring your silky to see the vet? you can try feed your silky with egg white...it's good to cure stomach discomfort...but after your silky is fine, don feed the egg white too frequently la....understand that if too frequent, not so good...cant remember y not good d...Unsure

adehow
Novice

Oct 2, 2006, 9:33 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] My silky vomited yellow liquid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi jessica,

Yes it is yellow liquid. she is a very small eater. sometimes she play until forgotten to eat.

Yesterday morning she had her breakfast until at nite about 11PM only she ate her dinner. but before she had her dinner, she vomitted that yellow liquid, after vomitted then only she went and eat her dinner until now she did not vomit.

This morning she had her breakfast at 8.30am. Just now i went back home and fed her some biscuit and she ate it.

ok i will try to feed her egg white. Normal egg white ?

thanks for your advice.

Adeline

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2006, 12:19 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1371 views)
Shortcut

hi,

glad to hear that your silky does not vomit anymore.....just wondering....y issit that your silky only have her dinner at 11pm? You did not feed her earlier? or normally u will just put the food with her and let her take her own time to eat?

my opinion is you should set the time for her to eat (unless you are not at home most of the time). esp since you said that she is a small eater...this way it will better help you to monitor her feeding schedule and good for her health as well..

yup...just normal egg white..half boiled...

adehow
Novice

Oct 3, 2006, 1:13 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] My silky vomited yellow liquid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jessica,

Her feeding time is morning 8.30am and nite 7.30pm

I will put down her food and call her to eat.... she will take her own sweet time to eat.

very seldom she will eat it immediately and finish it.

she will eat a bit and play and come back later and finish it.

she is not very keen for her food. she eat it bcos she has to eat it or else I will nag her (calling her to eat her food)

sometimes i have to hand feed her...... aiyoh! for her... i am willing to do anything just to get her to eat her food.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2006, 1:52 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1361 views)
Shortcut

1 egg once a week will b sufficient....n i usually feed d egg shell too (after grinding it up)...coz is rich in calcium...

if u tend to gv chances for her to return to d food later n persuading her 2 eat....she'll take her own sweet time...

try removing d food after she walk away....n when she return to find d missing bowl...she'll get a surprised....

if u r concern tat she might b hungry, gv her d food again after few hours......n let her eat it....if she didn' finish n walk away again, keep back d food...

after sometime of training....she'll learn not 2 walk away....

as for my adult dog.....i starve her d whole day if she walk away frm d food.....so no food for d day....n it was a great lesson for her...

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2006, 4:44 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1354 views)
Shortcut

Your Silky have gastric la

If your Silky have no more vomiting and did ate her food. Then you no need to worry and continue your feeding shcedule. Don't spoil your dog. You will headache to own a picky eater next time.

Lastly, NO NO feeding egg to your Silky. Especially egg white. Egg White which contain Avidin (Bind with Biotin and prevent its absoption) can result in Biotin deficiency in your dog.

Hope this help.

Good Luck

adehow
Novice

Oct 4, 2006, 12:56 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] My silky vomited yellow liquid [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi chris,

Yes she ate her yesterday's breakfast, lunch and dinner and did not vomit anymore.

Hope she is fine.

I haven't fed her eggs...... thanks for your advice.

but i fed her human Jacob plain biscuit soak with water before dinner just incase her stomach is empty.

Adeline

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my