Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Shih Tzu Puppy

wba84
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2006, 8:49 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Shih Tzu Puppy Can't Post

Ello there.. first time posting here.. Smile I'm planning to get a shih tzu puppy soon.. My budget for the puppy will be around 750 bucks.. But before i getting one... I would like to ask a few question...
i) Will it be expensive to keep a shih tzu as pet (i mean do it requires special foods or stuff)?
ii) Roughly, how much does it costs for 1 month expenses?
iii)Wat bout the vet bill? I saw a post that said it cost the owner around 200-300 bucks every 3 months.. @@

Hopefully all the shih tzu owner there will be able to help me on this.. I wan to plan my budget first before getting one so I won't be having any problem providing a comfortable home for my pet ><

-------------------------------------------------
Visit Bobby At www.dogster.com/?395955 ^^

eyong52
New User

Sep 30, 2006, 5:23 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Shih Tzu Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there

It's not that costly to keep a Shih Tzu.

Here are the expenses (in my experience):

Initial expenses:

The puppy (RM500-850); Cage (RM100-135), Dog food, shampoo, vitamins, toys, leash, etc. (RM100-200).

Monthly/Regular expenses:

The vaccinations (4 x RM30), Dog food (RM10-20 monthly), Pet Shop Grooming (RM30-80, not necessary when it is still a puppy).

BTW, I have a Shih Tzu puppy for sale. I bought him when he was 7 weeks old but I'm living in a condo and the management recently issued a notice that no pets are allowed to be kept in the condo. So I have decided to sell him off.

You can check out this website on Lelong to find out more:

www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2006-10DSale3922740.htm

Thanks and regards.

P.S. THE PUPPY HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD TO wba84 SO PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE. THANKS FOR VIEWING. (Added on 2/10/06)

(This post was edited by eyong52 on Oct 3, 2006, 12:11 AM)

chaiwoon

Sep 30, 2006, 7:15 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wba84] Shih Tzu Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownthere,

I rared a male shih tzu for more than a year. My boy is going to be 2 yr old on jan. I bought him for RM900, with cert and including cage, food and starter kits.

As for vaccinations, it would cost around 35-40 each depends on vet for 3 times monthly and then followed once yearly. If ur pet is healthy, then you do not need to spend a lot on vet visit.

As for food, i spend around 33 per month for Avorderm Speciality 2kg food.

As for grooming, i sent my boy for full grooming once a year which costs 60. Meanwhile I did a basic grooming for him myself. However, the basic grooming costs around 25-50, also depends on grooming salon.

So, basically i spend around 50-60 per month on my boy. cheers.. Frown
www.dogster.com/?378834

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2006, 7:34 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eyong52] Shih Tzu Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there again.. I'm very interested at ur shih tzu.. But i still need to discuss with my girlfriend first before getting one..
Will tell ya asap if i wan it k...
Thx for the help again..

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2006, 7:36 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] Shih Tzu Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm.. around 60 - 70 per month er.. Glad to hear that.. Phew.. Cost i tot it will cost me more than 100 per month..
Thx for the help.. Now i'm seriously considering buying Eddie shih tzu..

wba84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2006, 7:12 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eyong52] Shih Tzu Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Eddie, i been trying to contact ur hp but nobody answer the call... I'm a undergraduate studying in UTM, Skudai JB.. My hometown is at Klang.. I'll be going back to UTM today.. I'm interested at ur shih tzu and would like to have a look at it.. I'll be back to klang again next weekend.. Hope to hear from u soon

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my