Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!!

suekmei31
Novice

Sep 25, 2006, 8:19 AM

Post #1 of 6 (9322 views)
Shortcut
My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!! Can't Post

Please help! Professional help needed so urgently!!

I have 3 male dogs, shih tzu, spitz n' silky terrier. Shih Tzu is the elder, then the spitz n silky terrier the youngest. Spitz n silky terrier are best buddy, spitz doesnt like shih tzu to get near silky terrier, whenever he get near him, spitz will move forward to shih tzu n force him backward!

Recently, about a week, they fight so frequently. They fight everyday, and whenever spitz sees shih tzu, he will attack immediately. I'm now separating them, the shih tzu will be in my room n the spitz + terrier will b together in another room. But I cant let this situation last, I need resolution.

besides that when come to greeting someone at the door, spitz dont allow shih tzu to do so in front or near him, as he will immediately strike him as well. When they come to fight, i physically separate them, and everytime, I do get bleed as well. So please let me know what to do!!!

I need urgent help!! If this still happen in the next 2 months, then I shall give up them by giving away to someone or putting either one to asleep! Please help, I dont want to lost either of them.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Sep 26, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #2 of 6 (9314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suekmei31] My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i'm not really expert la but try help u la ok, 1st & foremost u have 3 male dogs. they are all dominant & wanna be the alpha male, when 1 or the other wont submit then they'l engage. when u wanna have male dogs & dont intend to breed, neuter em before the age of 5mths. this helps reduce aggression, domination instinct, etc. never separate dog fights physically, use those water sprays (in toy water guns, iron sprayer, etc...) spray at their faces, they dont like it Sly this will take their attention off each other. the best thing to do is to exercise em Sly ya i know u dont like it that's why u have lap dogs rite??? when u exercise em enuff, they are too tired to start any fight. a happy dog is an exercise tired dog. make sure u watch their body language, dogs read body language. soon u'l understand which is actually finding fault in the other. only when 1 is submissive & there's only 1 alpha male, taht u will have peace. try get more info on net & books. they'l help u more. i'm jz helping thru my exp...Smile

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2006, 10:28 PM

Post #3 of 6 (9300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [suekmei31] My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, u shld throw a bucket of water or spray d dog, instead of removing them urself....

if d situation still persist.....consider neutering ur spitz, instead of giving up on ur dog...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

lena2
Novice

Nov 9, 2006, 4:46 PM

Post #4 of 6 (9256 views)
Shortcut

O dear, that's a very sad situation. U shld seek out a dog trainer. A good one will be able to correct their behaviour and give good advice too.

I know of a very good trainer in Singapore. He can be contacted at TPVets @ 62543326. Calling him for advice will not cost you anything on the phone.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2006, 10:12 PM

Post #5 of 6 (9250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lena2] My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all,

dog trainers are only useful if u intend to have only one dog for all ur life...the best thing to do is to equipped urself with basic knowledge of caring for ur dogs, cuz u'll tend to have more dogs in the future rite??? cant really depend on trainers all the time rite???

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

lena2
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 5:53 AM

Post #6 of 6 (9240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] My dogs fight everyday n' I got hurt everyday as well!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. Train em yrself. That's how I started mine - 2 german shepherds and 1 rottie.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my