Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Chew and Eat Charcoal

elanakcl
Novice

Sep 23, 2006, 4:54 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1971 views)
Shortcut
Chew and Eat Charcoal Can't Post

My dog is a mixed breed shepherd 9 months old. I placed some charcoal in some of my flower pot and i notice she like to bite, chew n sometimes will eat the charcoal. I can even saw charcaol in her boo boo!!! Frown

I did buy her those edible bone n chew toys, she will bite for a while n later lost interest.

Any idea why she like charcoal so much. This is totally different with my other dog as he no interest at all.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 23, 2006, 5:28 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elanakcl] Chew and Eat Charcoal [In reply to] Can't Post

just don't let her go anywhere near a barbecue.

Kookee
Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2006, 10:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elanakcl] Chew and Eat Charcoal [In reply to] Can't Post

Charcoal is traditionally used to cleanse and detox dogs, particularly in the incident of poisoning. However, best if you keep charcoal away from her. Though it fights against poison, it also absorbs all the good nutrients essential to your dog. You are advised to keep some prescribe activated charcoal tablets from your vet at home, just in case. You'll never know what kind of trouble they might get into e.g. young Reyyee and Kookee were poisoned once when they bitten off each other flea collars. They still play come-bite-off-that-annoying-stinking-collar game but I suppose they grown immune to the poison as they are big dogs now.

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 27, 2006, 3:39 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] Chew and Eat Charcoal [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey nice meeting you at MRDO daySly

Ya you do have a BIG dog

Kookee
Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2006, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Chew and Eat Charcoal [In reply to] Can't Post

Pleasure is all ours!.....And, dun hate us coz we have BIG dogs, wahahahahahahahhahahah!!!! It's lovely to finally get to meet everybody, human and kiddies in person. Kookee sends lick-ities and Reyyee sends loads of sniff-ies. Hope to meet up again soon!!!

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

elanakcl
Novice

Oct 13, 2006, 10:12 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] Chew and Eat Charcoal [In reply to] Can't Post

wow..... tq 4 d info. u sound like a vet! :P

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my