Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Mini Schnauzer Growl and bark at Children~!

kennyoce
Novice

Sep 19, 2006, 5:42 PM

Post #1 of 6 (12116 views)
Shortcut
Mini Schnauzer Growl and bark at Children~! Can't Post

I just got my MS yesterday. 6 mths old, she is ok with me. Show no sign of dominant towards me, even show her 'stomach' to me, I heard this is a sign of obey. But, she has minor aggressive, will growl or bark at stranger.

And, in my house, she will growl at my naphew or niece when I'm not around.(not always, but someties) Seems like she dosen't like kids. Unsure I heard growl can be a big issue if not corrected, growl means she is going to bite!

How can I correct her growling and barking behaviour? I'm staying in condo though don't wish to bother my neighbour.

Pls help as this is the first time I own a dog.

Rgds, kenny

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 19, 2006, 9:18 PM

Post #2 of 6 (12109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennyoce] Mini Schnauzer Growl and bark at Children~! [In reply to] Can't Post

alwiz accompany ur dog when there r stranger around....ur dog will feel safer when d owner is around to protect her....

if u know ur dog r not tat friendly....dun let other touch ur dog directly......ask ur niece/nephew to hand her some treats to show that they r friendly beings...n make sure d kids din tease d dog or shouting/running around...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 1:25 AM

Post #3 of 6 (12050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennyoce] Mini Schnauzer Growl and bark at Children~! [In reply to] Can't Post

kennyoce..

how ur MS now? still aggresive toward kids?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

bosco_rm
New User

Mar 6, 2007, 4:34 PM

Post #4 of 6 (12009 views)
Shortcut

Goodday avone, i just got my MS few days ago. this is the first time i own a dog. he is 3 mths old. i'm experiecing barking or so call crying with my dog for the pass few nights. the problem is i'm staying in condo. i worry my neighbour will complaint to the management. and i didnt sleep at all for the past few days. can anyone tell me what is happening to my dog? how can i stop him crying or barking for the all night long...

tks very much,

Bosco

(This post was edited by bosco_rm on Mar 6, 2007, 4:37 PM)

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 9, 2007, 2:43 PM

Post #5 of 6 (11989 views)
Shortcut

Leadership-Exercise-Discipline-Affection.

You have to show rules and limitation that you are the boss or pack-leader. If they bark at stranger is your job to stop by saying -shoooh immediately and snap your fingers! And if they jump or continue barking, dont beat them whatsover. Instead, touch their neck, above the shoulder simulating a gentle bite by your finger that pack-leader (adult dogs) often do to puppies. By the way, like someone here suggested above, ask the children to cooperate and remind them to be gentle to your puppy. Remind to the kids that your puppy is still under training.
You can also try water by spraying your dog every time she/he goes wild. Just like you spray a Bozai tree/kids' water gun! In addition, you could your dog for a walk before you go to bed or during your spare/day time! Therefore, you dogs will be tired and settle down at night. You can buy a small tick clock and put besides their bed or room because clock reminds the puppy his/her mother heart-beat. It can distract your dog from other noise coming from neighbors. Or maybe radio turn down the volume.
If they barking continues, address your dog for 2-3 times -tell off your dogs to be quiet and then ignore. They will stop eventually. Good luck and take it easy.
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Mar 9, 2007, 2:46 PM)

vckloong
Novice

Apr 27, 2008, 8:50 PM

Post #6 of 6 (11290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Mini Schnauzer Growl and bark at Children~! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Dog behavioural problems are sometimes worrisome.

If you guys need an expert or consultant's advice from the United States you can visit www.dogtrainster.com.

They have pretty good information there as well as certified consultants there to help you out.

Vincent
www.dogtrainster.com - Ultimate Resource and Tips for Dog Training
www.dogtrainster.com - Ultimate Resource and Tips for Dog Training

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my