Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Pangsun

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 8, 2006, 12:23 AM

Post #1 of 14 (1789 views)
Shortcut
Pangsun Can't Post

Pangsun is a good place to take the dog on a long walk. Unlike the other designated recreation areas in Hulu Langat such as Sg Gabai and Sg Congkak, Pangsun is not swamped by day trippers on a weekend. You will run into the odd party or two of trekkers making the journey to G Nuang and if you get as far as the lower campsites, you will probably run into campers as well. Buts as long as you exercise some caution (i.e. leash the dog when you approach a group of likely caniphobes), doggie can go off leash. Further up the trail, you will cross mountain streams. A chance for the dog (and humans too) to have a dip. At the Forestry Dept base at the start of the trail (where you register before going up the trail), there are toilets and shower cubicles where you can clean yourself (and pooch).

(This post was edited by PangurBan on Sep 8, 2006, 12:25 AM)

CETAY
Novice

Sep 9, 2006, 2:02 AM

Post #2 of 14 (1760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Pangsun [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, can you please tell me how to get there? Thanks...

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 9, 2006, 3:54 AM

Post #3 of 14 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CETAY] Pangsun [In reply to] Can't Post

You drive down the main Cheras road, past the Leisure Mall on your left Connaught Garden on your right, follow the signboards for Kajang. You'll eventually come to a toll collection thingy. Immediately after that bear left and exit at the signboard pointing you to Pekan Batu 14 and Pekan Batu 18. At the traffic lights, you have the option of going straight, back onto the motorway heading south or making a U-turn to head back to KL, or turning left. Take the left turn and keep following the signboards for Pekan Batu 14 and Pekan Batu 18. You'll pass a string of villages - a semi-rural landscape. At Pekan Batu 14, you'll come to a fork in the road with a set of traffic lights. Take the left fork heading towards Pekan Batu 18 and try not to take a left turn soon after which will take you to Ampang. From that point onwards the landscape becomes increasingly more rural. You'll eventually come to pekan Batu 18, just keep going. Pangsun will be signposted. You'll come to a fence with a gate that's always open and you'll see a dam in front of you. Drive in, and keep to the road to the carpark - this should be pretty straightforward.

CETAY
Novice

Sep 29, 2006, 11:23 PM

Post #4 of 14 (1670 views)
Shortcut

Hey, thanks a lot for the direction. Will take my firkids there one of these day. My cocker love to run along the jungle trail...

CETAY
Novice

Post #5 of 14 (1670 views)
Shortcut

Hey, thanks a lot for the direction. Will take my firkids there one of these day. My cocker love to run along the jungle trail...

CETAY
Novice

Post #6 of 14 (1670 views)
Shortcut

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 30, 2006, 1:34 AM

Post #7 of 14 (1667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CETAY] Pangsun [In reply to] Can't Post

OK. It's a really nice place for the dog I think. I go jungle trekking now and then with the dog and some friends. If you'd like to come along the next time we go to Pangsun, I'll let you know. Leave us an email addie.

CETAY
Novice

Oct 17, 2006, 8:32 PM

Post #8 of 14 (1620 views)
Shortcut

Hey, that sounds good. My email is tce_00@yahoo.com

Most probably I will be checking out this place during this coming Deepa/ Raya holiday. Hopefully it is not crowded and we get to enjoy ourselves...

kaychia

Oct 17, 2006, 11:07 PM

Post #9 of 14 (1615 views)
Shortcut

Hi, may I know if the mountain stream very far up the trail? Coz my doggie is still a pup and I want to bring him to somewhere he can swim but worried that it is too far and he will get too tired easily. If not far from trail, I also want to bring him to go for a dip this Deepa Raya.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 18, 2006, 12:58 AM

Post #10 of 14 (1612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CETAY], [kaychia] Pangsun [In reply to] Can't Post

If the smog clears I might do a hike in Pangsun or Sg Chiling myself during the break. I'll let you both know if you're interested in coming along. If puppy gets tired, you can just carry him if it's a small dog. In any case, you might want to carry the puppy over some of the streams.

JYMieke
New User

Oct 19, 2006, 7:37 PM

Post #11 of 14 (1594 views)
Shortcut

Hello PangurBan,

I am very keen on making a few trips to Pangsun in the near future after reading your post. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Jungle trekking and cool mountain streams have always been one of the best ways to get away from the huslte and bustle of city life. Can't wait to bring my other half and our beloved beagle with us. Just one question though; You mentioned that there are lower campsites which i assume to be quite far up the trail. Are there any mountain streams before the campsites? Any input on this from those who have been there will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 19, 2006, 10:48 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JYMieke] Pangsun [In reply to] Can't Post

You can get to a stream after an hour so of moderate to brisk walking along a very easy track, passable to four wheel drives and motorbikes. From there, it's another 20 min or so along a jungle trail before you get to a water intake point and you'll start criss-crossing streams and you'll see campsites.

JYMieke
New User

Oct 20, 2006, 12:39 AM

Post #13 of 14 (1583 views)
Shortcut

Fantastic! Thank you for the details.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 8:57 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1512 views)
Shortcut

pangurban..

tat place sounds just like ur avatar nick

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my