IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Poo & pee different place, normal?

kaychia

Sep 6, 2006, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Poo & pee different place, normal? Can't Post

I have been trying to paper train my 10 weeks old GR. Dat is to pee & poo outside on paper. Would like to consult you guys based on your experience, normally, do we need to prepare 2 different spot for him to pee & poo? If same place, after he pee pee, the place is wet & dirty. He will still poo poo there?

animegal888
Novice

Sep 19, 2006, 7:35 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaychia] Poo & pee different place, normal? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm...I prepared 2 newspaper for Amber,my chihuahua, in the kitchen and the dining room.

But she prefered to pee and poo in the dining room.I never put any newspaper upstairts for

Amber and she go and poo and pee everywhere upstairts,so now i'm trying to teach her to business

downstairts only. And Amber still pee and poo on the newspaper even when she poo before.
Click Amber's Blg

kaychia

Sep 19, 2006, 7:43 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animegal888] Poo & pee different place, normal? [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownHii!!!

LaughAmber very cute....and funny too. Amber so tiny, she can climb the stairs? So, she is doing her business in the house? Won't it smell? Coz my Caesar stays in door in his cage and everyday, when we come home, we will clean her cage and wash coz the smell of his pee is really stinky.

Now, I have placed a tray outside at the porch and am training him to pee pee & poo poo in the tray. He got a habit where he won't do it at the same time and if he pee first at the newspaper, he dun want to poo there coz the papers are wet & messy. So, we have to quickly clean up or layer more paper to absorb to keep the place clean. Then he will go in and sniff sniff and poo.

Yesterday he very naughty. We made the tray smaller so that he can aim. He go in, pusing pusing abit then comes out and poo poo near my gate. Argh....so, he kena scolding. Then he give us those pitiful eyes like trying to get our pity. See also no heart to scold him already. Tongue

animegal888
Novice

Sep 22, 2006, 6:38 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2436 views)
Shortcut

Thank you Wink ur golden retriver is co cute too. Amber can climb up and down

the stairts.Amber is so small have to let her stay indoor.Amber pee not so smelly

and she poo twice perday.Amber still pee or poo on the peee&poo newspaper.

Is harder to train a male puppy then a female puppy. Have to scold him,to show

him that he is doing something wrong. Last tme, i dint scold Amber bite the shoe,

now very hard to stop her.

Good luck Sly
Click Amber's Blg

kaychia

Sep 22, 2006, 5:45 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [animegal888] Poo & pee different place, normal? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does she pee & poo at her convenient time or you have specific time? Coz my golden, when I ask him to do his business, he will take his own sweet time. Even after makan also, if he dun feel like it, he will tahan till tomorrow morning when we let him out to do his business then only poo. That one also after he run run few rounds, he want to poo then only go and poo. still cannot ask him to poo & pee immediately when we want him to. UnsureUnsure

Is it really that male is harder to train? Why ar? He really very naughty. Sometimes, he can poo twice. First in the paper after we wait sooo...long. Then 2nd time he dun want to go there anymore, he will look for somewhere else to do it. Even pee pee also like that. It's like he feels that he has done it there already, now he want to go mark somewhere.PiratePiratePirate

Sigh...really try your patience.

animegal888
Novice

Sep 23, 2006, 1:51 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2425 views)
Shortcut

I'll just put the newspaper there and she'll go there to pee and poo. I know when amber need to poo,morning and night. Sometimes,I call her to pee and she'll pee. Maybe after makan,he still dont feel like poo. Maybe you need a specific command like "hurry up" or "go poo" ,and when he really go poo, praise him and give treats. I think amber know the poo command. Crazy I usually heard that male is harder to train because of the way there pee and male are more naughty, but actually I think is base on their behavior. My amber also naughty even she is female. When he wan to go somewhere else, maybe you could bring him back to the poo place. Let him know you wan him to poo there. Amber become "crazy" lately, she start to pee everywhere in my house,and my mother scold me. Now i always bring her to the newspapaper. And scold her " NO PEE" is she pee in the wrong place.

Click Amber's Blg
Attachments: amberhead.jpg (141 KB)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my