Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
help, my puppy wounded during grooming session.

mickeymummy
Dog Kichi

Sep 2, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1556 views)
Shortcut
help, my puppy wounded during grooming session. Can't Post

Hi all, hope someone can give me some advice....very stress up. My puppy was wounded during his first grooming session on Thursday. There are some scratches on his testicle, his penis and his paws as well. It must be painful cos he couldn't walk or stand and therefore he wouldn't pee on the paper. I He hold his pee for very long until he cannot tahan then he will pee but not on the paper. He only pee twice yesterday and didn't poo until this morning. I brought him to the vet yesterday, but the vet only gave me some antiseptic solution and neoderm cream, no painkiller or antibiotics. He said that he was fine and the reason why he is holding his pee could be he is stressed after his 1st grooming session. Last nite, I applied some neoderm cream on him after washing his wound with the antiseptic solution. It must be painful as he would struggle and bark when I applied the cream on his wound. As he tend to lick his wound, I put an Elizabeth collar around his neck. But that made him very frightened and he wouldn't lay down and sleep no matter how I coax him. It must be painful for him to sit but I guess he is so frightened that he would rather sit than laid down. As I don't want to stressed him further, I removed the collar. This morning at about 7am, he vomitted some stuff. There are some fur and food in his vomit. My question is, should I let him wear the collar? Is the vomitting caused by him licking on the cream or is it because he had swallow some of his fur when licking his wound? Is neoderm safe for consumption? He is just 5 months old.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Sep 14, 2006, 12:29 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickeymummy] help, my puppy wounded during grooming session. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

how frequent has he vomitted? once or many times d? is he still active now?

well...it;s very normal for puppy to vomit once in a while..but of course make sure that he is active..you could ask the vet if it;s ok for your puppy to lick the cream. well...to me, since it's chemical, definitely 'no' but if lick a little bit, i guess it won;t cause any harm...

your puppy might b frightened/stressed during the grooming session. And before he could recover, you make him wear the collar....he might be shocked! try to distract him with other stuff e.g his fav treat, toys etc after you apply the cream..if this works, then you don hv to make him wear the collar...dat way, he might be less stress...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

mickeymummy
Dog Kichi

Sep 14, 2006, 11:44 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] help, my puppy wounded during grooming session. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. He vomitted once every nite and almost at the same time of the day. When I put up this thread on the 2 Sept, he couldn't walk and dun eat as he couldn't stand. He pee while he slept on the floor. But he is on the road to recovery now. Thanks.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my