Looking for clippers

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Irina
Novice

Aug 27, 2006, 3:40 AM

Post #1 of 44 (12552 views)
Shortcut
Looking for clippers Can't Post

Hi.. I have been thinking about gromming my Miniature Schauzer myself and so am looking to purchase either an Andis or Oster clippers... I was surfing the net and I see that there are a few types of clippers under the Andis brand... Would anyone know what would be the best to buy and if there are any shops in KL that stocks the clippers? One groomer told me that the ones usually available in KL is well over RM 800 with one blade thrown in while if you purchase from Singapore, it will cost around RM 700 with 2 blades... Anyone with more info?

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2006, 7:00 AM

Post #2 of 44 (12548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Irina] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know where is PJ SS2???

There is a petshop name Pets Supplier same roll as the gold smith shop. Alot of clipper available to choose from there. Do check this brand out name Kim Laube from USA. Currently I using this brand not bad. You can consider it. The pricing is from RM200-RM1K+.

Hope this help.

Irina
Novice

Aug 29, 2006, 8:36 PM

Post #3 of 44 (12533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tip.. Will go check it out soon : )

leo-chan
Dog Kichi

Aug 30, 2006, 8:03 AM

Post #4 of 44 (12525 views)
Shortcut

I'm using the Wahl Professional clipper for my Roofus (mini schnauzer)... Works...

cheerios!
leo-chan
sweet surrender...

Irina
Novice

Aug 31, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #5 of 44 (12512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

What blades should I get to groom a miniature schnauzer if I get the Wahl clippers? I saw the groomer using a few types when he was grooming my Milo... How much did you get the clippers for?

pepper&jac
New User

Sep 19, 2006, 10:42 PM

Post #6 of 44 (12465 views)
Shortcut

I am interested in getting a clipper as well. Pepper 9 weeks old MS is the new addition to my family since a week ago! =)

richardlow
New User

Oct 4, 2006, 7:40 PM

Post #7 of 44 (12416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pepper&jac] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Irina,

I own two MS and I do intend to buy the Andis clipper from US. If your are interested I can buy it togather for you. I have difficulty in getting a good and reasonable clipper locally. I have sourced a suitable one fron Andis and the prices is below RM 200.00.

Any other MS owners who are interested can also get in touch with me and maybe we can get a better pricing from Andis.

I can be reached by email at : low_richardbs@yahoo.com

Richard Low

Caveen Lee
New User

Oct 19, 2006, 6:00 AM

Post #8 of 44 (12355 views)
Shortcut

I am looking for Wahl & oster replacement blades but reply doesn't know where to purchase them.

Wonder if you could help by providing the contact number of the said shop so that I could enquire directly from them the exact blades that I need. Btw, just sign up.... not sure how to post my question to the rest whom may be able to help.

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2006, 7:23 PM

Post #9 of 44 (12350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Seldom see Wahl or Oster brand replacement blade selling at petshop.

Where you got ur clipper? They don't sell replacement blades?

richardlow
New User

Oct 29, 2006, 8:32 PM

Post #10 of 44 (12328 views)
Shortcut

Hi Irina,

I am purchasing the Andis Dog Clippers from US and am looking for a few interested buyers so that we can sher the shipping cost and will make the units cheaper. I have found the ANDIS Super DeLuxe Dog Clipper and this cost about RM 400.00 including shipping if I purchase minimum 5 units.

This kit contains of Andis PM-1 dog clipper with 8 attachment combs, DVD grooming guide, blade oil and grooming shears.

I cannot find this set locally and is a good buy cos the local ones are selling for RM 480.00 for the clipper only. If you are interested, please get in touch with me via email @ low_richardbs@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Richard Low

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2006, 8:52 PM

Post #11 of 44 (12326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richardlow] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Only Cheaper RM80 compare to petshop selling it. But, I can be rest assure I am getting a good after sales service from the petshop I brought the clipper from.

2 thing to consider before import any product ourself:-

1. What if the unit send to us spoil? even they provide warranty we need to send back the clipper that will incure expenses.

2. If the blade spoil. Where to get replacement spare parts? Since this model not popular in local market.

bkslee
Novice

Oct 30, 2006, 7:17 AM

Post #12 of 44 (12322 views)
Shortcut

My MINI is 9weeks old too... i just done a lousy grooming job for her...Frown. Ok la... got the shape abit. I bought a lousy clipper from giant.. anyway, it's not easy to groom my MS.. move here n there. nvr stay quite de. Frown. Is there any different between a pet clippers n man one? function are the same... never tot of a clipper can be so expensive. I think then next round i'll send it to pet shop for grooming. not easy to save Rm50. Frown
My dearest Minnie

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 30, 2006, 4:33 PM

Post #13 of 44 (12320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bkslee] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyah, take her once or twice to a professional groomer mah. Then you observe carefully see how they do it. Once the schnauzer already has a properly groomed coat, it's easier to keep it trimmed yourself. If you get yourself a good clipper, you will recoup the purchase price within a year in the money you save not taking her to a professional groomer.

mpet
Novice

Nov 15, 2006, 7:57 PM

Post #14 of 44 (12276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

Well not in Penang... Once you pass yr baby to the groomer they will put her somewhere else and ask u to come back in 4 hours. No owner are allowed to see. Reason is our baby will misbehave ...

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 8:43 PM

Post #15 of 44 (12273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mpet] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well not in Penang... Once you pass yr baby to the groomer they will put her somewhere else and ask u to come back in 4 hours. No owner are allowed to see. Reason is our baby will misbehave ...then the grommer can walap your baby if your baby not follow their instructions

mpet
Novice

Nov 15, 2006, 10:02 PM

Post #16 of 44 (12268 views)
Shortcut

Well I used to sent them to groomer but they come back like Zoombie ... maybe sleeping pills

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 10:05 PM

Post #17 of 44 (12264 views)
Shortcut

Actually anything can happen with our furkids if we not around watching them to grooming.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2006, 10:21 PM

Post #18 of 44 (12262 views)
Shortcut

yeah..true...dats one thing i don like here....we are not allowed to watch...so they can do anythg to them...

but i found one shop in Butterworth whereby although we cant see the grooming process, it's kinda hidden, but at least we can stay there n wait till the grooming is done. err...wat i mean here is can still see the groomer doing the grooming la, but cant see our furkid coz it's block by the wall..but at least i know that they are alright la...

anyway, i try to reduce the possibility of goin to groomer oso la....except once a while to trim the coat lo....

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 16, 2006, 2:12 AM

Post #19 of 44 (12256 views)
Shortcut

I read in one of the posts here that someone lost her dog after leaving it with a groomer, who claimed the dog ran away. Another reason to groom my dog myself.

mpet
Novice

Nov 16, 2006, 11:51 PM

Post #20 of 44 (12246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard about it too. In Penang mainland ... the groomer replace the owner with another puppy but it dies after a few weeks very ...very ... sad

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #21 of 44 (12239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

go dogs r us la, there the groomers not bad.. collin & some other guy, they all dog lovers also got their own dogs there running around. there u can stay as long as u want to watch grooming or bathing, watever u do there, got open air pool for dogs also at the balcony

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2006, 7:29 PM

Post #22 of 44 (12227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

they allow us to watch the grooming process ah? coz i went there once, they don allow me to go upstairsFrownFrown

mayb they don like me kuaFrownFrownFrown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2006, 9:51 PM

Post #23 of 44 (12223 views)
Shortcut

huh??? really??? all the while last time i went up ok wor...errrmmm...maybe cuz i know the owner su ling before she open the petshop kua

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 19, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #24 of 44 (12211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Looking for clippers [In reply to] Can't Post

i think perhaps becoz u know the owner kua....my sis's fren went there oso ok..but my fren and i went...

everythg oso cannot cut wan...n cant watch oso...they say must shave pulak....but when i go to other petshop, they manage to cut for me the style that i want....so i just went to dog r us for grooming once nia...

i tried the Champion Petshop at Aboo Siti Lane...dat one quite good...the owner oso very friendly...guess i will go there d...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

RMastiff
Novice

Apr 30, 2007, 2:38 AM

Post #25 of 44 (12032 views)
Shortcut

Hi! You can call this no: 03-7846 3998. They are the distributor for Oster clippers, Metro Air Force dryers and other grooming stuffs.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my