Labrador Barking

tinman
Novice

Aug 25, 2006, 8:58 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Labrador Barking Can't Post

Hi,

Can somebody help me out on my problem.Lately my 6 months old Labrador has been barking wee hours in the morning.I keep him the Kennel at night and release him during the day.At the beginning his was ok but now he bark at nite and i have to get up and let him out from his kennel.Once he is out from his kennel, he stops barking and keeps quite.I feed him twice a day in morning at 7am and in the evening 5pm.Two weeks time i have sign him up for basic Obedience & Agility Training.

I would like to know is this a normal behaviour for a Labrador.Looking for some advice.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 31, 2006, 2:35 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tinman] Labrador Barking [In reply to] Can't Post

is a normal behaviour for a dog...

if u keep letting him out whenever he bark, then he'll learn that barking can lead to reward...

all dogs doesn't like to be cage....but is ur responsibility to make sure ur dog r in a safe environment @ nite....confining him is a best way.....

juz remember, whenever he bark, do not release him...instead u can choose to ignore (which is noisy n might disturb neighbour)...after he finally got exhausted n realize that he will not get wat he wanted, he'll gv up....

another option is to gv some punishment....whenever he bark, said a NO! n then squirt some water to his face.... after several time, once u shout No.. i bet he'll know he'll get squirt later, n quickly shut up...

btw, OB lesson don't teach u about bark control...u'll hv to settle it urself...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Aug 31, 2006, 2:36 AM)

flowerremi
Novice

Aug 31, 2006, 7:03 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tinman ,

I came across an article regarding dog's behaviour - in particular dog's barking issue for attention seeking. If you have the time and patience, please read through an article under BEHAVIOUR - The Harmony Programme. I know it is very different from most people's training method, nevertheless read through it and give it a thought.

www.caninecaregroup.net

cheers

Kookee
Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2006, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1393 views)
Shortcut

Hooyah tinman,

Can your lab spare a bit of his bark for my lab? I have not heard Kookee barked for weeks now....

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my