new puppy owner need help....

evelynmoods
Novice

May 7, 2003, 4:01 AM

Post #1 of 25 (2137 views)
Shortcut
new puppy owner need help.... Can't Post

hi, everyone,

i am evelyn and i am very new to this forum, and this is my first time owning a puppy for myself.

its shih tzu and name joey...currently joey is staying with her mom as she is only 5 month plus, she is taking mom milk, and teh owner advice me only to take joey home in another 10 days time.

i am looking forward to bring her home to stay with me in apartment, so i am now looking around for her goodies...eg. house, toys, food.etc....

need help on where can i get a small house for joey to fit into my apartment, and what is teh progress to take care of this little puppy....

another things is, how do i update my profile in this forum. as i cant seems to update me and my puppy details in teh profile list???

please guide.

cheers

evelyn, hubby and joey

Elly
ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #2 of 25 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evelynmoods] new puppy owner need help.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Evelyn,

Welcome to the forum. I think you can browse thru all the posts regarding taking care of a puppy in the forum. I find it very useful personally and hope you could gain something from there too.

Cheers!Wink

Elly

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 7, 2003, 8:35 AM

Post #3 of 25 (2129 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

Welcome to the forum and enjoy ya !

cheers,
minglmy

evelynmoods
Novice

May 7, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #4 of 25 (2128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] new puppy owner need help.... [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks elly,

i am now browsing through the forum page by page....yup, i agree with you that there is lots of useful information inside.

thanks for your reply, great to see the reply from all of you, as i am the first timer in posting in this forum, so i was rather worried that i post it wrongly, so i try again in the other post. and now i knew that it's right. thank

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

evelynmoods
Novice

May 7, 2003, 8:52 AM

Post #5 of 25 (2126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] new puppy owner need help.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ming yang,

thanks for ur reply, is joey's pleasure to get to know you all in this forum.... i read through lots of your post on the coming gathering at kota kemuning on this coming 14 May.

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 7, 2003, 9:17 AM

Post #6 of 25 (2122 views)
Shortcut

hi evelyn,

do come and join us for the gathering.... I didn't bring mocha out the few times before too (this will be the 1st time she is going out and meet the gang) and dun worry abt the not knowing anyone coz some of the members who is going is also new to the forum and if u dunno the way, meet us at the LDP mobil station. come lar...

cheers,
minglmy

evelynmoods
Novice

May 7, 2003, 9:31 AM

Post #7 of 25 (2120 views)
Shortcut

ming yang,

i will try to be there, if i am not going back hometown during the holiday. if i am coming , i will meet you gals at mobil, as i do not know the way. what time do u all meet at mobil station? so u will be bring mocha for the 1st time? is mocha your shih tzu?

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 7, 2003, 9:37 AM

Post #8 of 25 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evelyn,

We have yet to confirm the time yet, most probably we will meet abt 8 - 8.15 at the mobil station. ( near the LDP perabot). Yes this will be mocha's 1st time out and as you can see in the picture she is a miniature pincher 4 months old. SmileLaugh

cheers,
minglmy

shawnlim
Canine Addict

May 7, 2003, 11:26 AM

Post #9 of 25 (2117 views)
Shortcut

hie evelyn welcome to the forum.it's nice to meet u here!

adios!Wink
L@VIER

metay
Enthusiast

May 7, 2003, 4:33 PM

Post #10 of 25 (2116 views)
Shortcut

HIE~~~

A Warm welcome to the fourm.....WinkSmile

~~~~Greetings from Penang~~~~

Regards,
BlushmetayBlush

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 6:53 PM

Post #11 of 25 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Hello ....

Did you mention the puppy is 5 months ??? Shocked Or izzit 5 weeks? Cos at 5 months, they already start teething, the mother won't want the pup to drink the milk anymore,la ...

Anyway, first thing you need is to buy a small cage or crate. You can get it from the pet shop. Then you toilet train your dog, la ... you know how?

Good luck!

Sweeeng

wkser
ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #12 of 25 (2111 views)
Shortcut

hi,

welcome to the forum........SmileWink

regards
kangser

evelynmoods
Novice

May 7, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #13 of 25 (2103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] new puppy owner need help.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, swee eng.

yup, typo error, is 5 weeks old.... so still waiting to take her first jab.

ok, i will buy her a small crate, so that whenever i balik hometown can bring her along, but just worried that she will car sick, coz my home town is at frasers hill, pahang. the road is very teruk, bengkang -bengkok all the way.

i really dunno how to trained her to pee-pee and poo-poo at toilet, worst still coz she will be staying with me in my apartment, so really have to traine dher to go toilet... any tips... ??

ok, that's all catch up with you guys!

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 8:56 PM

Post #14 of 25 (2100 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evelyn,

If you're worried that your pup will get car sick, go to the vet and buy the car sick tablet... I took my 1st pup... Maltese to Genting & Penang ... no prob...

So ... this must be your first dog, huh ... ?!? Anyway, if you want to toilet train your dog, 1st scatter newspaper all over the place... Make it a small area, la ...

Then after your pup urine on that particular pcs, make the area even smaller and don't forget the particular pcs.. Then later slowly move the particular pcs nearer and nearer to the toilet and lastly .. into the toilet...

Do you get what I'm trying to say?? ha.ha.. I'm a real bad explainer ....

Sweeeng

evelynmoods
Novice

May 8, 2003, 2:17 AM

Post #15 of 25 (2091 views)
Shortcut

hello, swee eng

thanks for ur fast reply.... yup u are right, this is my first puppy...

those days i have a few from friends, but i was staying with my brother 's family at that time, so they dont allowed me to have any petFrown. so all puppies given to me before, i had all given to my friends and my relatives.

At last, i have my own apartment, so i have a chance to owned one.Smile

dont worried, i get what u mean in ur explaination. i will try my best to toilet trained her, so that it will be much easier when i am out to work.

But now, i am worried that when i am out to work form morning till night, then she will be alone at the apartment. I do not know should i tie her, or should i not. as i am worried if i dont tie her, she will be all over the place. What ur advise?

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

drew
ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 3:55 AM

Post #16 of 25 (2086 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

welcome and have fun ~! Smile

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 5:32 PM

Post #17 of 25 (2081 views)
Shortcut

Hi Evelyn ...

Whether to tie your dog or not is strictly up to you. Maybe you can lock her up in the toilet instead? But of course you put some of her toys in there too...

Tell you something funny .... my very first dog is my maltese. I use to lock her in my room whenever I went out ... she wasn't very pro at going to toilet ...

One day I went out early in the morning and came back very late at night ... I forgot that she was in my room and the lights were not on.

Wah ... she was damn scare. Probably thinking that it was her punishment .. Cos what happen the next day is .... she knows how to go toilet to do her business already ... in any parts of the house... whether it's upstair or downstair, she'll run to any toilet.... Wink

Sweeeng

evelynmoods
Novice

May 8, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #18 of 25 (2077 views)
Shortcut

hi swee eng,

whao that really something funny.... at least u have no intention but your puppy learn something....

yup, at second thought i might be putting her at the toilet with her food and drinks as well as toys. At least she have place to run around and play with, instead of tie her up.

Issit ok to put her at toilet? will it look so bad.... put the puppy in toilet??? But i raed through teh forum, lots of peopel advsie to leave them in the toilet instead of tiying her up.

by the way, have you receive my email on the group shih tzu photo?

thanks for sharing your experience here.

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

kaerb

May 8, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #19 of 25 (2066 views)
Shortcut

hello..first and foremost..welcome to this forum...hope you will like it here, much to learn, much to share too....
when my dogs were puppies, I used to keep them in the toilet when I do go out...that was actually a time, when 3 of them were inside...small confined place, but they can still managed to find space to play real rough. Sometimes, kena their own poo n pee oso...but never mind lar, as long as their happy.
I recommend you put some toys and one of your old clothing inside with your little Joey. At least, she can entertain herself and not feel lonely.
I lived in an apartment too...where do you stay? Does your mangement allow you to keep pets? Well, that's nice...I have to sneak in my doggies every night...hehehe, kinda like burgalar like that...
Anyway...happy raising your little one!!!

evelynmoods
Novice

May 10, 2003, 1:27 AM

Post #20 of 25 (2056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] new puppy owner need help.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi craig,

Thanks for sharing ur experience here... ok u make me more confident now by making my decision to leave my little joey in the toilet...

yup, i have bought some toys for her and will put her house in the toilet too, so that she can have a nice place to rest.

i am staying at Bandar Sri Damansara, i dont think any managemnet of apartment or condo allowed pets.... but i did saw some of the neighbour puppies... soi guess its all right, as long as she do not bark too often and get complain from my neighbour...

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey Smile

evelynmoods
Novice

May 16, 2003, 9:05 AM

Post #21 of 25 (2045 views)
Shortcut

hi, lim ming yang....

since the day i joined this forum, i was wondering do i know you personally coz the name ming yang... sound familiar to my classmate in secondary school...

till today when i look at those photo at KK gathering then only i confirmed that you are lim ming yang, my classmate at T.P....

hey, i am wei eng lah... can u remember me? i hope so :)....

anyway do keep in touch.

cheers

evelyn

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 16, 2003, 9:55 AM

Post #22 of 25 (2044 views)
Shortcut

Wei Eng !!!!

I can definitely remembers you....how could I not when you are our leo pres ! How have you been doing ? wow, I can't imagine us meeting up in here after all these years..... small world isn't it !

How's joey doing now ?

cheers,
minglmy

doodle
ALPHA

May 16, 2003, 6:24 PM

Post #23 of 25 (2033 views)
Shortcut

Hi Swee Eng,
Wow, I really think that you are an experienced dog owner!
I would like to ask, if you tell your dog to go to toilet to relieve itself,
how do you guys clean up the place? I tried this before, and it was a mess! My toilet smell terrible!
Sometimes I wonder how do dogs owner keep their dogs inside the house. As for me, I have this problem of tellling my puppy where to go. Instead, I carry him down to the garden and i put a spade under him. Then I will throw it into the deserted big land next to my house.
How shall I toilet train him? If I left him inside the toilet, I am afraid he will bark and disturb my housemate. She doesn't like my dog. That's why I have to carry him instead of letting him run around inside the house.
I kept doodle inside my room.

evelynmoods
Novice

May 16, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #24 of 25 (2027 views)
Shortcut

hi ming yang.

yup really never thought that we actually meet up her after so many years.... at leats i sa wyour photo during KK gathering... otherwise i will be still wondering are you the ming yang....

ok, joey is still sleeping in the morning and at night she is very very alert... but yesterday night she was ok, i asked her in the room she refuse, so she sleep outside my room near coridoor... so i just on teh light and she is ok, except in the morning around 5.30 she poo....scolded her....

hey give me your email address or any icq? yahoo or msn for me to add u in... at least we can catch up and update each other...

cheers,

evelyn, hubby and joey

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 17, 2003, 9:39 AM

Post #25 of 25 (2020 views)
Shortcut

Hi Wei Eng (feel weird calling u evelyn now !) LaughLaugh

You got married ! Congrats ! Wow, never thought that you would have gotten married so early ! We really need to meet up and chat abt old times ! Do you still keep in touch with the others ?

Oh yeah before I forget, my contact is minglmy@yahoo.com or minglmy@hotmail.com and I'm using the MSN Messenger.

I can't find joey's picture in the picture gallery. Did u post it up ? She sounds very adorable lar... well, it will definitely take some time to teach her the basic. Keep the training up for her and she'll do alright.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my