Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Aug 23, 2006, 11:37 PM

Post #1 of 7 (900 views)
Shortcut
Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT Can't Post

Hi there..calling all JRT owners or JRT lovers. I'm considering getting a JRT (i finally found a local breeder). The JRT's mother is from Australia and dad is a local. They have 6 newborn male JRT pups only 3 days old. I need to know if their parents breed is acceptable? And whether JRT is a suitable dog to get. Are they really really really hyper and naughty? I asked the breeder if they're hard to maintain he said they're easily maintain but they're just very naughty and smart.

To what extent is their 'naughtiness'? Do they irritate you often? Are they hard to train as they're hunter dogs i read online that we can't leave them unattended even for a short period of time. I'm a working person but would love to have a companion after work to play with. Something small and not too hard to maintain and take care of compare to a Golden Retriever.

Is there anything i need to know before i consider getting one? Please let me know if i left out anything. Could someone describe their characteristics to me?

p/s: The breeder can sell to me at RM600. Is this price reasonable?

Thanx

blOOms

(This post was edited by blOOms on Aug 23, 2006, 11:42 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 24, 2006, 2:09 AM

Post #2 of 7 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blOOms] Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

basically no dog r to be describe naughty, if d owner trained them up. i don't own a JRT, but i'd a fren who had one.

JRT is definately a hyper breed, smart fella n easily get bored. they need lotsa exercise n mind stimulation, or else u'll hd a dog full of energy running/dashing/jumping all around d house n it seem so impossible to c them getting tired. they might look small, but they had more energy to burn than big dogs.

n as a hunting dog, u can't let them offleash during walk, coz they r not reliable, eventhough highly trained. they might juz dash away to chase sumthing. Pirate

this breed is suitable for active owners.

if d owner really don't enjoy daily walk/jog, then is better to get a breed which had d lower activity level. for example: pug/labrador , d breed that had d potential to b a lap dog n require minimum maintainence

nevertheless, v alwiz choose a breed based on their outlook. so after u got urself a JRT, u might hd an active lifestyle to compromise wit d dog.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Aug 24, 2006, 2:23 AM)

junecheah

Aug 25, 2006, 11:12 PM

Post #3 of 7 (849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blOOms] Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Blooms..

May I know the breeder contact also? i got a friend who is also interested in getting a JRT.

thanks

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Aug 26, 2006, 5:07 PM

Post #4 of 7 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junecheah] Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

another JRT lover? sure no prob. Wink Can i have your email add so i can email it to you? It's not good to disclose a person's contact here. Btw, are you from Kuching?

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2006, 6:47 AM

Post #5 of 7 (825 views)
Shortcut

Summary of JRT characteristics cn b viewed at groovydogsjustwannahvfun.blogspot.com/2006/06/thinking-of-jrt-think-again_07.html

U shld really read up on d breed 1st b4 considering coz dis isnt 'd stay quietly at home n wait patiently for u' type of dog. It doesnt even like staying indoors. Hyper is deir middle name n dey cn get in2 all sorts of mischief if left unattended n untrained. U may even wished u hd decided on a GR instead. Blush

If u hv any queries, cn leave a comment or email in my blog. Smile

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

(This post was edited by groovemaster on Aug 27, 2006, 6:50 AM)

junecheah

Aug 28, 2006, 8:48 AM

Post #6 of 7 (814 views)
Shortcut

Hi.. u can email me at june_cheah8@hotmail.com

Thanks..

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Aug 28, 2006, 7:31 PM

Post #7 of 7 (805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junecheah] Calling all JRT owners for advise before i get a JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

I've jus email you. I also forward another to your hotmail in case puppy.com.my doesn't work. Cheers to JRT!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my