Husky Home Alone - any success?

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 22, 2006, 7:14 PM

Post #1 of 14 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Husky Home Alone - any success? Can't Post

my long term plan when my my 4mth old husky is to leave her "inside
" d house whn she's full grown. at present she still lives in her cage whn m at wrk. but i;d met w numerous husky owners n they tell me it's a big no no if i treasure my funiture.just wana knw any success stories for huskies home alone with intact furnitures and how did u do it?i heard the no chew spray is not very helpful...dun really wana leav her outside at the car porch as it's too hot!! help!1

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #2 of 14 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [megan's diamond] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok ok...then open to others...any tips on leaving a highly possible chewer home alone with your funitures intact?

May
Old Hand

Aug 28, 2006, 6:28 PM

Post #3 of 14 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Never trust a Husky alone at home unless u caged him. Huskies get bored easily and need company else they'll release their energy by "playing" with whatever they get their mouth on.

Marlboro
New User

Aug 28, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #4 of 14 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally , ' AGREE ' Unsure Husaky is DAMN naughty when onwer not around ?

HOME alone... you might get 'XIAO' when you came back They jz wanna show their anger or realease

their HIGH enagry by mouth

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2006, 1:53 AM

Post #5 of 14 (1337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

tks to both May/MB....too late i tried this wkend n luckily no major accidents happen....hehehe..

but i only left her for 2 hrs to start with....i hope to leave her for short sessions n slowly

to longer sessions...whn i came back she only pee pee at one wrong spot evn tho she's fully hse train...

its d spot in behind my main door...n she's always forbidden to go there if i am there, guess she does not

know if she can pee pee there or not kakakaka....so technically...she's not wrong....

well...will try again soon...n let u knw my progress...kekeke...i might be d 1st successful person!!!

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2006, 6:10 PM

Post #6 of 14 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Marlboro] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey marlboro how many mths is august?

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Sep 6, 2006, 5:58 PM

Post #7 of 14 (1313 views)
Shortcut

hi guys...just wana share with u all that i have had her in the house home alone for 5 days now n she's a dear!!! there were damages 1st 2 days....shredding newspapers, n pee....but the next 3 days was fine!! no damage whatsoever!!!...watch this space...i may be crying next week kekekeke

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #8 of 14 (1285 views)
Shortcut

hi hi... we've had Kosmos for 2.5 months now. and since more than a month ago, we've not put her in her cage at all. she'll be 5 months old tomorrow. and she's been a superb baby when she's left on her own in her room (ok, we have a room for her). all the time that we've left her alone in her room, she has not pee'd once outside of the cage. she somehow has associated her cage as her "toilet". even when we're home, she'll jump into her cage to let-go. thus far... no furniture was remotely damaged.

i supposed they can be trusted. but again, since they have a mind of their own, i would say "it depends". hope it helped.... Wink
MY Pet Husky Club

kid

Sep 26, 2006, 5:56 PM

Post #9 of 14 (1279 views)
Shortcut

interesting... Smile

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Sep 28, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #10 of 14 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [filet0fish] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha...u are like me...my gal has her room with her own bathroom attached...watch this space...i gtg...will share more exp later....

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Sep 28, 2006, 6:24 PM

Post #11 of 14 (1257 views)
Shortcut

oh... Kosmos has her attached bathroom as well. but the bathroom is not for her use. :)
MY Pet Husky Club

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Sep 28, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [filet0fish] Husky Home Alone - any success? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah...after the succes story above...i am experiencing some challenges now...

she's found a new friend when she's home alone....papers....

she will shred EVERY type of papers she finds in the hse...newspapers, magazines, tissue papers...etc...for 4 days now i have gone home to a big nightmare of shreded papers....

i do reprimand her n it's to no avail....i am highly suspicious that one day she will turn to my furnitures...which she's has not till now....

she's outgrowing her cage n i really dun wana return her to her cage when i'm not at home...any advise? anything u have done to keep kosmos outa trouble??

she's good with her toilet...she will do her business in her bathroom now...it's just the destructive side now...

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2006, 12:40 AM

Post #13 of 14 (1253 views)
Shortcut

hi megan,

yes, initially we had the same "newpapers" problem. lucky thing is, it was for a really short while - like a day only. she shreded the newspaper we use underneath her cage. we never attacked any magazines (lucky me - else my gossip-magazines will be all gone by now), and she has never attacked any furnitures in the room (yes, we have my work table and chairs in there as well).

i really dunno what we did that made her stop. maybe because there was one time, we just threw papers for her to shred, and she got bored of papers liao. i really dunno. i'm sorry i can't help you here.

have you tried muzzle guard? we use muzzle guard on her whenever she's out of control and starts gnawing us. now, whenever we bring out the muzzle guard, she's extra good. :)
MY Pet Husky Club

mimsie
Novice

Nov 23, 2006, 11:28 PM

Post #14 of 14 (1194 views)
Shortcut

was it you kosmos that i met with my puppy roscoe at the eukanuba dog carnival last sunday? because i remembered there was a similar dog named kosmos and a puppy that was of similar color with chaos.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my