IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano

amber_mae

Aug 21, 2006, 6:57 AM

Post #1 of 12 (1844 views)
Shortcut
Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano Can't Post

You should never send your loved pets to the Pet Wonderland at Ikano wether it is for boarding or for grooming.

I've been there almost three times just for my two dogs to hang out and meet other dogs. Just yesterday I brought them there. I was watching these guys grooming a Lhasa Apso & an American Cocker Spaniel. But one of them, a guy was handling the the Lhasa, he looked so fedup and I noticed the dog was behaving well, but this guy was in a bad mood that day. The dog just moved his head a little and he wacked the dog and shook his head. I mean poor thing, these are people's dog excuse me!

And then he was just simply cutting the dog's beard like nobody's buissness. He couldn't care less if dog gets cut by the scissors. ROUGH!!! The wonder I was looking at the other dogs that are in the cage after grooming, they all look so terrified and unhappy even the Golden that was walking around inside the Grooming Room.

Last time, I think it was last early March if I'm not mistaken, I was watching the training session going on. This is still basic class. I mean usually you should encourage and not jerk the dog all over the plc if he doesn't do it rite, coz he's only beginning to learn it, right? This trainer who happens to be a malay, was so rough with a German Sheperd, just becoz she couldn't do the heeling correctly, this trainer jerked it so hard that it screemed and it went down with its ears back and tail between its legs. Too rough for these poor dogs. he didn't even encourage it. He also always looked so bored like fedup with his job, just want to vomit or sumthing like that. In the middle of the class, he starts smoking in the training room. What kind of buissness is this man? And he's a certified trainer...My God!

The other thing is the Boarding Services. A recent report about a beagle was to put to sleep becoz it got affected by the sick dogs in the clinic. The owner just put it there for a few days I think and when he came back to bring it back, he found his dog thin and down. The doctor told him to just put it to sleep. I mean how, irresponsible was the vet and the workers in there. He didn't even give back the money for boarding...Sick people.

I also brought my cat there coz she had this internal bleeding in her bladder. All together it costs about RM800 and nuthing worked, she continued bleeding. All they did was taking an X-Ray of her which costs a bomb, and some drops to wash out her bladder. No pills, nuthing!

So, I never trust that plc but I still like bringing my dogs there to hang out. Also, try to avoid buying pets from pet stores wether they are air-conditioned or is in a top-shape, just don't. They don't vaccinate the pups at all! Most stories I heard is that puppies that are bought from these pet stores, all fall sick or die from kennel cough or other infectious diseases. Should always buy from the breeder itself.

Now, MKA is stricter. You'll notice the puppy section where they sell the puppies in Pet Wonderland, most of them will say-'No Paper'. Meaning, no cert. Dono the reason why, but I think there is no proof to wether the parents are in good condition or they are from puppy mills.

Becareful...

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2006, 7:39 AM

Post #2 of 12 (1839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amber_mae] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

99% puppies at petstores come from puppymill/backyard breeders. Always look for a responsible breeder to get your puppy. Screen thru all breeders before make your decision. This is sad to say still many new dog owner buy puppy from petstore. Maybe this is because they are first time dog owner don't know much about this matter.

Most petstores that sell puppies don't really care about the puppies condition. Their objective is to make fast money for selling the puppies out as soon as possible. The longer the puppies stay at the shop the more cost involve in feeding them, cleaning, vaccination & etcs.

Thanks for sharing this with us especially to a new dog owner out there.

amber_mae

Aug 21, 2006, 7:55 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

True, I know all the puppies there arew bought cheap from breeders and are sold at a higher price at their pet stores. Most of them, like I saw yesterday at Pet Wonderland have no certs for example for the Golden Retriever, German Sheperd, Chow Chow, Pengkinese and other small breeds. And yet they are sold at RM1300-RM1900. That's cheating and also they don't vaccinate them! Routhless people...

Remember that...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2006, 8:33 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1834 views)
Shortcut

Ikano? Ikano only has Pet Safari....

Pets Wonderland is at MidValley, 1Utama, Subang and GEM....

Well, not all petshops have dedicated and passionate workers, only a minority actually cares for the pets while the rest just treat it as a normal job, just for the pay...

Places where many dogs are sold normally are not healthy for our dogs.... can get all sorts of diseases and parasites...

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

amber_mae

Aug 22, 2006, 5:22 AM

Post #5 of 12 (1803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yeah...Pet Safari. Sorry, wrong one. They get paid high for working there you know. But they should show good example isn't it if you want to make good buissness. If that Lhasa was my dog, I'll give one big slap for that guy and I'll cut his beard exactly how he is doing to my dog.

That's why I don't want to buy any pets from any pets store. I don't want to see my pet die in front of me especially when I love it so much...

Remember that...

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 18, 2006, 8:10 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1701 views)
Shortcut

hi there..

went thru your article and i find tht nothing is right in pet safari is good to u...thn may i ask why do u still go there n hang out since u dun like the sight of all these things?? i dare not make any comment on the boarding and selling puppies side bt for the grooming side i dare to say tht most of the people who goes there r satsified with their services.. a lot of owners like u will say tht groomers are rough to dogs bt when u dun groom a dog professionally u wont knw how a goomers feels..tht is why groomers do a better job thn owners cos they knw how to control a dog..they make look rough bt it has to be tht way so tht the dog is not hurt ..and it will not move especially when it comes to sensitive [parts..trust me the grooming in ikano knws wht he is doing..if ure talking about th tall huge guy which is the groomer there..if there otrher ppl who groom there thn i will reserve my comments
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

amber_mae

Sep 19, 2006, 12:49 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there...

I like bringing my dogs there to hang out & meet new dogs and people but not for grooming or training after what I saw in the past few months. The reason why people are satisfied after the dogs been groomed is becoz the owners are not there waiting & watching until the dogs finished. It'll usually take an hour before it's done...From what i saw when that groomer groomed that dog, that's not professional! You should always in any circumstances make the dog feel comfortable & relaxed. Not just give one wack on the face to make it not move. And by the way, the dog was sitting still but only moved his head a lil. I shaved & trimmed a Chinese Crested & he was okay and calm. As I was watching him doing it, the dog is not chained/tied up in a proper way...The chain should be up & slightly tight so that the dogs head is up & is unable to move all over the plc. He still can breathe. And all you have to do is just make him stand. That's it! And the Chinese Crested was fine & I'm an unprofessional groomer. And few handlers & owners which sometimes I meet in Pet Safari or at my training area say that the trainer there is very rough! Some have dropped out becoz of the trainer. There's some proof for you...

Remember that...

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 19, 2006, 8:31 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1671 views)
Shortcut

well amber mae u sure r not regular enough at pet safari.. customers do wait for their dogs not all though..well u ohnly groom one or two like in a week or month? ure talking about hundreds of dogs r going into the grooming room..of coz there r good n bad dogs..u cant jst judge based on one..and u will not understand it if ure not a professional groomer yourself...and for ur info..not all groomers resort to tie up the dog during grooming..the dogs dun like it ..wht wud u feel if ure head is restricted movement for an hour or more???? nobody says tht the professional way to groom a dog is to tie up the dog on the grooming table..ive been grooming for years and i dun tie up my dogs.! try grooming cocker spaniel and u will knw wht im trying to say about being patient with themm..and dun talk about one cocker..u might be lucky to find a good one..i rather the dog is afraid of moving thn being gentle with him bt then cut his face or so..its no joke when it comes to shaving the face..u will be wasting ur breath trying to tell a cocker to stand still n not move whent he owner doesnt train the dog at home on how to behave during grooming..groomers cant train a dog in a matter of one hour once a month!!! and there dogs lining up to be groom so we need tio knw how to handle bt not hurting the dog..though it maybe sometimes a bit rough to ppl bt sometimes they need to learn how cos owners r too soft to discipline their dogs..groomers need to do their job quick n good or else owners like u will be complaining too slow and not nice n etc..so never judge or condemn when ure not in their shoes to feel it..well i presume ur dogs shud behave very well since u r so patient with them from wht ur comment on the trainer n groomer..
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

amber_mae

Sep 20, 2006, 1:04 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Well wacking the dog in the face will only make it worst as it will struggle more becoz it knows you're trying to hurt him! And next time, it'll not like being groomed & will only be terrified by it whenever it sees you holding the shaver. Well maybe your dogs are calm and so you don't need to wack them or anything like that but I don't know about the other dogs you groom...And the dog I groomed was not suffocating or anything like that, its head can move left or right but not down to sniff or for it to move it all over the plc. And as I said, he can breath and after his grooming, his was happy! He didn't complain or anything like that while I was grooming. Just be patient a little bit & the work can be done better.

Well I don't know about you, you may be an experience groomer & you may know more things than me & what to do, then good for you! I have nothing to complain...For me, that's not my way of doing it...I rather take my time grooming it slowly & making it not feel threatened or scared by it. Just like giving my two dogs a bath. Rather make them happy about it than making it like a punishment. But for that guy in ikano, i don't like him at all. I mean wacking it in front of me & other people who were also watching him, it already gives a bad reputation about him or maybe that plc...The other two groomers that day were fine. But that guy was just in a bad mood that day & took it out on the dog...

If that's your way of doing it too to make the dog quiet down & not struggle all over the plc, then I have no comment! It's up to you...They are not my dogs. I have no right to judge about you plus I can't do anything for them....

Remember that...

(This post was edited by amber_mae on Sep 20, 2006, 1:12 AM)

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #10 of 12 (1621 views)
Shortcut

well as u have said its their way of doing things..so say no more...moreover u cant do anything fpor thm

MayHMF
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #11 of 12 (1582 views)
Shortcut

Dear Amber Mae,

I send all my three dogs to the clinic in Ikano Power and I'm very pleased with their service, albeit a bit pricey. In fact, the doctors there recently saved all my three dogs" eyes after what was suspected to be cobra poison spray. One of my dogs eye had to be operated on, and thankfully the vet managed to save his eye. If the vet did not prescribe any tablets to your cat, there must be a reason for it. Did you ask the vet why? The vets there have been very nice and helpful in explaining anything to me.

Btw I agree with you on what you say about the groomer and the trainer.

amber_mae

Sep 25, 2006, 4:23 AM

Post #12 of 12 (1565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MayHMF] Bad Services at Pet Wonderland, Ikano [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey!

Maybe the doctor there is different. Might be the MatSalleh who helped your dog. he's okay. But the one checked my cat was a diff doctor. He didn't really do anything for my cat, and two days later, she bled again. thick blood was coming of her and really she always almost close to death. And she was really in pain, didn't want to eat or drink. Just sat in one corner feeling miserable...

We went to other vets, and all told us to put her to sleep becoz her uriny track was very swollen & it's very late to cure her. It was very upseting, my mom & I cried everyday making a hard decision wether to put her to sleep or give her one more chance to live.
Then we brought her to Dr Lim's place (a vet) our friends recmmended and all the doc gave was antibiotics, anti swelling & anti bleeding. Next day, it went down. it's no more bloody but brownish discharge. In one week time, she was cured!

So, all that x-ray & drops & boarding that cost a bomb was actually unnecessary. Doc Lim, said there was no need for that! All she needed was just some medcine, that's it! And he has treated other dogs & cats with this prob before, so he has experience with this type of cases. The other one at Ikano, prob had never treted animals with this serious prob. Maybe your dog didn't have any serious prob so, it was easy to treat. My cat, MAN.....Alot of work & cre we have to give to her.

Now she's well and healthy. And FAT too! Spoilt & pampered...Oh well, that's what a seriously sick cat deserves!

Remember that...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my