Re: [chrisong] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

why is that?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 24, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #27 of 44 (4770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [megan's diamond] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

coz OB train dog to automatically sit when d owner halt...

whereas in dog show, dog is to be at stand position onli....posing very smart wit head held high....

if u really did correctly in OB, u can also train ur dog both sit and stand command...

but some amateur owner who don't train their dog hard enuf will onli make their dog getting confused...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 24, 2006, 9:12 PM

Post #28 of 44 (4764 views)
Shortcut

FYI, beginner's basic OB teach sit....

while u need to move on to Pre-novice level to learn d ''stay'

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 24, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #29 of 44 (4762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...well dats the other question i have...what do they teach in the diff stages? coz i have already tot her how to sit, stay, down, paw, fetch, goin into her cage and not run out of d gate...then does it mean that i need to go to pre novice instead? however, she's not gd at recalling...especially when outside....

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 24, 2006, 10:17 PM

Post #30 of 44 (4760 views)
Shortcut

OB classes dun teach those tricks like paw/fetch/bark n roll over...

take a look @ d link to know more about what they teach....
www.puppy.com.my/ob/nw.html
i'm not sure how accurate it is...coz last 2 yr when i join basic, they don't teach stand...but frm that they wrote there, they had intriduce stand @ basic level.

basically, basic n pre-novice is kinda similar....but pre-novice expect better heelwork.

as for novice they will proceed wit those exercise done without d leash....

being not realiable in recall at distracted environment is normal especially those hunting breed n active young dog.....even a highly trained dog can't be that reliable, unless d dog is so old or couch potato that they r not interested wit other stuff....

as long as ur dog can response to u in a confined place/familiar surrounding after she manage to settle down is good enough...

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Aug 24, 2006, 10:22 PM)

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2006, 9:26 PM

Post #31 of 44 (4741 views)
Shortcut

tks for the site...!! now i get a clearer pic... notice dat even basic ob needs the pup to be 6 mths n above....n she's only 4...so she wun be accepted in class?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2006, 6:39 PM

Post #32 of 44 (4724 views)
Shortcut

it depends on situation....

some trainers can accept ur 4 month old dog in basic class...

or else, u enrol for a puppy class instead...

usually if d puppy do well in d puppy class....they can skip d basic class later n enrol for pre-novice...

Pacco de Mongrel

megan's diamond
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2006, 6:18 PM

Post #33 of 44 (4716 views)
Shortcut

oh ok ok tks!!

babybenji
Dog Kichi

Aug 30, 2006, 8:21 PM

Post #34 of 44 (4700 views)
Shortcut

Once your dog had all shots, then you can send your dog for ob class. My dog was send for ob class when he is 5 months old.

Benji's Blog
http://babybenji.blogspot.com

bebegirl
Novice

Sep 2, 2006, 2:48 AM

Post #35 of 44 (4669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bebegirl] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

why do not tell me earlier the show is cancell

i have apply my off already FrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 12, 2006, 4:54 AM

Post #36 of 44 (4623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda,

Do hope your "show first before Ob" is just an assumption because it is not true a trained dog can "stack" when told and can "gait" when told so you can go for Ob first if you wish.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 12, 2006, 6:34 PM

Post #37 of 44 (4611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm not into show...i dunno how 2 stack a dog...

i'm juz telling her tat OB train a dog 2 automatically sit when d owner halt...

Pacco de Mongrel

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 16, 2006, 7:01 AM

Post #38 of 44 (4574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bebegirl] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
why do not tell me earlier the show is cancell

i have apply my off already FrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

GOOD NEW!!!

On 12th November 2006, 245th MKA show will be held at Ipoh.

On 31st December 2006, AKU show (back to back) will be held at Penang.

More detail will be post up soon.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 15, 2007, 6:55 PM

Post #39 of 44 (4433 views)
Shortcut

How to start if I planned to take part & show my dog in comformation shop in future? My puppy is coming to 3 months old, he has the potential according to the breeder. Unfortunately my breeder is not very closeby to be the mentor. Any website I could refer.

Well...I know my puppy may not win, but just want an exposure for my son and the dog. Btw, can a child lead the dog in show competition ring? I do recall I saw that before. But not sure is there an age limitation?

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2007, 3:29 AM

Post #40 of 44 (4409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] i need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Sorry for the late late replyBlush

Here are two link you might need to check it out for some information. But very little you can learn from there.

Is best you come for the dog show event and talk to the show ppls there about showing & grooming your breed before you going into showring.

http://www.mka.org.my/sport_conform_rules.htm

http://www.akc.org/...mation/beginners.cfm

Yes there is a Junior Show Handler competition. But I not sure about the requirement age to participate.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 22, 2007, 4:31 AM

Post #41 of 44 (4407 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a lot for the info.

Well...I am not too sure whether the people in the showring is friendly to talk/discuss. I had talk to several showring veterans before, they are not very keen to share information, unless you are buying their litters.

Does MKA conduct any training class in preparation for showring, i.e. how to teach a dog to pose, how to teach a dog to stand still for grooming and allowing people to check its teeth etc?

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2007, 1:46 PM

Post #42 of 44 (4398 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well...I am not too sure whether the people in the showring is friendly to talk/discuss. I had talk to several showring veterans before, they are not very keen to share information, unless you are buying their litters.

I have to agree in the statement. Most of them are not really interested to share good information with the public. Selfish I don't think MKA are conducting any training on show training. But you can check with the trainer they might come & train your dog at your home.

Show Training - Train your dog approximately 5 minute daily. Increase the time gradually not longer than 15min a day. Teach 1 lesson at a time before going into next one. The training must be taught in a kind(pat & play) & reward (snack after each training). Be consistent in using your command & lastly never play during training.

Learning the Stand - Stand your dog with four leg firmly & encourage your dog keep the head & tail up. Keep the position about 30sec & gradually lengthen the time. "Good boy/Good girl" after the session is finish & pat on the head. Try train on different environment. Once your dog already know how to stand still is time to start inspecting/touching your dog mouth, body & legs so that your dog will get use to it while in the showring is easy for the judge to inspect your dog.

Lead Training - Same in the obedience training in heal work. You need to have a snack to temp your dog head up while trot along with you in the showring. Remember get a suitable show lead for your dog. Always end the training in playing session.

Learning the Turn - I think it should not be a problem once your dog already know the heal work & trot along with you. But at first you need to give a certain command/hand signal to let your dog know that you are turning in which direction.

Grooming - This you need to know about your breed standard.

I think that it. Simple answers & not very detail explanation but hope its help.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 22, 2007, 8:39 PM

Post #43 of 44 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Chrisong, thanks for sharing the information. Really appreciate your help.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 10, 2007, 9:25 PM

Post #44 of 44 (4050 views)
Shortcut

omg u broke the rule of all show dog trainers should never do! u told how to train! omg omg omg!

jkjk jk lol thanks for info. yea was looking around but it's realyl hard to learn, even if u watch dog shows, you know what they judges want but sometimes it's really difficult for amatuers to train, even if they want to join just for the fun of it(my case). exposure and also just to show off my furkid even if he doesn't win. he always likes to stay clean and pose so he'll enjoy the attention but unfortunately i have no experience in the ring nor does he

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my