First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

newgen
Novice

May 7, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #26 of 48 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks again guys and gurls!

erm...about the color thingy...i typed wrongly...i was trying to ask...what is the color and shape of the poo poo for a puppy???

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 12:20 AM

Post #27 of 48 (1403 views)
Shortcut
Re: John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys and gurls!

i brought him to the government vet just now...the vet game Tommy 2 japs...

The 1st jap was mixed with 2 small bottle of solutions...and the 2nd jap not sure.

When Tommy took the 1st jap, he felt nothing much, but i think he felt a little itchy.

When he took the 2nd jap...he was moving here and there...i think he was scared and feeling pain...poor him...Scared me hell out of me, my dad, and the vet...LOL. Then Tommy keep on moving for about 1 minute, i think he was wondering about what was happening to his back.

And finally, the vet ask me to open up Tommy's mouth, and she inject some yellow color thing into Tommy's mouth using a injector without the needle. Anyone one knows?

And finally, vet advice me not to take bath for him in 5 days from tomorrow. So can i bring him out for short walk?

Tommy is sleeping now...Angelic

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #28 of 48 (1401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [newgen] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi john,

Funny that Tommy had 2 jabs. Usually when I bring my pup it's only one jab a time. And I dunno why your vet told you 5 days. I've been to two different vets and they always tell me not to bathe him for 7 days.

The yellow liquid is actually to deworm your puppy. It's recommended to do it each time you vaccinate your pup/dog.

I think for the time being you should keep Tommy at home. As a puppy, he can catch viruses quite easily. A pup is supposed to have 3 jabs altogether and we are usually advised to take them out of the house only 7 days after the 3rd jab. Smile

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #29 of 48 (1395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again!

Hmm...okok, i understand now! Thanks!Blush

So i'll keep him unbath for 7 days now...i hope won't be too smellyTongue

So, i can feed him normally right? can i feed him those milk i bought from supermarkets? I'm drinking the Daisy brand(red pack)

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 8, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #30 of 48 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Hi, John, Welcome to the forum. I owned a Mini Schnauzer, Yippi, and a mongrel, Yummy. Yummy actually is taking care by my father. She is adopted by my syster beside the main road. We also don know how old was her, but the vet said that she was 2 months old. Now she is already 9 months old. First we brought her back, she look scared to human too, expecially scared to the kids, may be bad treated by the kids before. But now she like a MONKEY, jumping around the house, destroyed what ever can be destroyed Crazy. But we are not regret to adopt her. Even her size like a giant, but always act like a little baby, manja me and my mother. So cute Blush. You won be regret to adopted Tommy, sure he will bring a lot lot fun to you.

Smile Eliza

kingkong
Canine Addict

May 8, 2003, 2:02 AM

Post #31 of 48 (1390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome newgen, the yellow thingy mayb is deworn or mayb is multivitamin. i got 1 yellow liqiud also at home, given by the VET with an injector. it's a multivitamin liquid for dog... just pump into thier mouth with the injector..... i was taking hours just 2 pump few drop of the multivitamin into my dog mouth..... crazy.

nice to know u.

Regards,
Eric with Sushi, a long-coat chihuahua.

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 2:05 AM

Post #32 of 48 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eliza! and your 2 little dalings!Blush

Thanks for the info! I couldn't really tell what breed Tommy was from...so i just say it is a Mongrel nowTongue.

Anyway, Tommy likes to bite my fingers, and chew on the toy bone. I think he's teething, as he's mouth is kind of itchy, trying to bite everything. Is this gonna be good to let him bite everything? even my hand? anyway, for your info, he doesn't really bite my hand...he's like...just taking my hand with his mouth...without really bite it with lots of energy.

I found that when i pat him on his back(where the jap took place), he's like kind of alert...Why SO? is he hurt or something? cause he was defencing when he was having the last jap just now.

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 2:11 AM

Post #33 of 48 (1389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kingkong] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eric!
Thanks for the info!

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

drew
ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 3:53 AM

Post #34 of 48 (1383 views)
Shortcut

hello there

welcome and have fun ~!Smile

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 5:25 AM

Post #35 of 48 (1382 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys anf gurls!

i got something to ask you all urgently...

about Tommy, just now i go and pet him...and feel that his body temperature is alittle bit warmer than this afternoon...is he ok? is this normal after the vaccination jabs?

Need HELP!

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

(This post was edited by newgen on May 8, 2003, 5:31 AM)

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 8, 2003, 8:22 AM

Post #36 of 48 (1377 views)
Shortcut

hi john,

There r some side effects after the vaccination. Cookie's bro also develop a slight fever after his jab and ok after the next day.Some will get rashes,vomit and etc..It depends. Do monitor him for a few days.Do send him back to the vet if u think something is not rite.Cool

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #37 of 48 (1374 views)
Shortcut

Hi John,

It's pretty normal for a reaction like that after a jab. Some dogs get fever, some don't. If it persists and gets worse, u an go back to the vet and get some antibiotics. But if possible, I don't like giving medication to my dog

newgen
Novice

May 8, 2003, 6:06 PM

Post #38 of 48 (1371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks buddies!

What are rashes?

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 8, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #39 of 48 (1369 views)
Shortcut

HI, John,

Both of my furkids like to bite things. Yummy would be a bit terrible because my father seldom trains Yummy properly. Whenever she doing something wrong, my father just shouts to her or hit her. So pity of Yummy Frown.

It is better not let them bitting things other than his toys. This is a very bad habit. You can train your furkid, but please be patient. Training a puppy just like teaching a little kid.

When you pat his back, he acts like kind of alert, may be he is hurt or may be not. Try to pat gently for a few times, to let him know that, “Hei, Baby, I am not hurting you.” If he still has that action, means may be it is really hurt on that part. Yalah, it is normal for a puppy react like that after jab, but please send Tommy back to vet if the situations become worst.

Smile Eliza

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 8, 2003, 11:41 PM

Post #40 of 48 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Hi john,

what r rashes?? er... it's sort of like a skin eruption. u know...where the part of your skin get reddish and itchy or maybe painful.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 9, 2003, 12:12 AM

Post #41 of 48 (1350 views)
Shortcut

Hello John,
yeah, the vet would know how big he will grow, I guess?
But that doesn't matter. Buy a mat or rug for him, he will be very comfortable Smile But I guess the pot ill be good for him, if he is not large breed.
He should be fine, as my Trivor also does not bark, unless I provoke her when playing rough, like push her away, or run away. Then, she will get nervous and bark at me. By the way, have you heard him bark before. Just wanna make sure he is not mute.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

newgen
Novice

May 9, 2003, 12:42 AM

Post #42 of 48 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi SC!

I have heard Tommy bark before, but only once or twice is not mistaken!Pirate

How do i train him to bark? like bark warnings? and things like that? i mean bark when it's need? hope youg get what i mean!Tongue

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 9, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #43 of 48 (1346 views)
Shortcut

Hi, John, I used to doubt whether my another furkid, yippi, could bark or not??? Because he used to very quiet when we first bought him back, seem never heard him barking at all. But ~~~ after a few weeks... he BARKs, when he saw strangers, expecially kids and malay/indian... he BARKs, when he hears barking of other dogs of our neighbours ... he BARKs, when he is excited ... Crazy Ha ha ha ... Sly

But there are ways to train the furkid to bark (speed) or quiet. You can go to this site and search yourself, I am lazy to search one-by-one Tongue.

http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/lib-prob.htm

Smile Eliza

newgen
Novice

May 9, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #44 of 48 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eliza...

got some sad news for you guys...It is...i don't know how to train Tommy...Crazy...

Got some problem with toilet trainning him now...the last few days...when i bring him out...he sure poo and pee...but now he's like...sniffing here and there only...no poopee come out...and he always make noise to get me take him out. Crazy

And in the porch compound...he pee on my brother's slipers...and after i clean it...he go and pee on my dad's slipers again...Crazy...really dunno what to do with him...Pirate

And 1 more problem is...when me and Tommy is out of the house...the sometimes stand on the road...yes! middle of the road! so i have to pull him back when come cars come...Pirate, i know it hurts...but i have no choice...so what should i do?
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 9, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #45 of 48 (1327 views)
Shortcut

Hi, John, Don be so sad. It is common for the new dog owner don know how to train their furkid. Don worry, there are so many "SiFu" here Blush. There are many threads here had mentioned about toilet training. The sites that I shown on the previous post also have mentioned it. Please take some times to read through it. And I always been told by others, to training our furkid. We have to be patient Smile.

Haha.. If my furkid stand beside the road only, my heart is already going to "jump out" oh... can't imagine how if my furkids stand in the middle of the road. But really sorry lah, I really have no idea how reagrding this bad behavour. I will act as you, just pull him back Frown.

Smile Eliza

newgen
Novice

May 9, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #46 of 48 (1324 views)
Shortcut

HI!

Thanks for the website, i've read some of the articles there...read it the whole day and night yesterday...and i feel Crazy now...LOL!

I'm still trying to think of ways to train him...sigh...PirateTongue

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

sweeeng
ALPHA

May 9, 2003, 8:06 PM

Post #47 of 48 (1320 views)
Shortcut

Hi John ...

It's normal that the body temperature will go up after the jab. That's b'cos their antibody is weak ... and we are asked not to bath them b'cos they'll get sick easily ... But if the dog is very very strong and healthy, I don't think it's a problem ... but don't take the risk, la ...Anyway in Australia, the vet says that it's nothing wrong bathing the dog ... even the next day after the jab... But this is Malaysia, lor...

And after the jab, it's either you leave your dog alone or keep on playing with it... Cos after the jab, they'll feel pain ... playing with it would be better cos they'll forget about the pain and the pain will go off faster if compare to leaving them alone...

Anyway, not too much worry about your dog, la ...

Sweeeng

newgen
Novice

May 10, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #48 of 48 (1315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] John is in the house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys!

Thanks for the help! Tommy is ok now, :) very happy that he is!Wink

I bought a toy bone for him, those eat-able one, a 3inch bone...now left 1 inch only! LOLTongue

Got to get him another one today!

Cheers!
John
~Tender, Love & Care~
Cheers!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my