Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
barking at night puppy (6 week)

etlctan
Novice

Jul 28, 2006, 9:22 AM

Post #1 of 4 (266 views)
Shortcut
barking at night puppy (6 week) Can't Post

how do i resolve my puppy barking at night when put in the cage.it's any brother and sister know resolve it.TQ

Irina
Novice

Jul 29, 2006, 12:27 AM

Post #2 of 4 (245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [etlctan] barking at night puppy (6 week) [In reply to] Can't Post

A new pup cries coz he is lonely and seeing urs is only 6 weeks, I guess that the prob : ) If you pick him up eveytime he does it, he will know that the tactic works and will howl everytime he wants attention or not to be alone.. When I first brought my MS home, I let him cry till he got tired but I also made sure I gave him lots of attention so as to make him feel safe and wanted in a new home... But do make sure he has some toys to keep him company.. I find that giving him a teddy helps but he might start chewing it :)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jul 29, 2006, 11:02 PM

Post #3 of 4 (234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [etlctan] barking at night puppy (6 week) [In reply to] Can't Post

yaya ! my puppy did that too : howl and growl and whine and bark ALL night ! but she's also just around 2 months old.. very noisy until i was so scared that the neighbors will complain cos i live in condo.. hmmm

so.. at first i dono ma.. i go and pick her up and she immediately stop.. she know this is the tactic, so everytime she wants atention cos left alone in the night when i sleep, she will whine non stop ! woah ! until me myself no need to sleep

so... one day, i ignore her.. she still whines.. but until she tired then she STOP ....

but.. she still do the same thing everynight .. huh! kudos ! hahaha!

so... the thing is: u gotta let her get used to the ignorance everytime she whines and cries... she will get the message: "ooohhh ! MOMMY don choi me even if i whine everynight.. ok la.. i don whine anymore :-) "

but this is for after she is matured la....

hmmmm... well.. pupp is like tat ge la... u need to give him/her much much love and care so he/she will think that u r a great mommy... that's y i give lotsa love to her... and she wail her tail everytime she see me come home...

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

babybenji
Dog Kichi

Aug 16, 2006, 7:14 PM

Post #4 of 4 (219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Irina] barking at night puppy (6 week) [In reply to] Can't Post

Just to share a few tips with new puppy owners...

When you first brought your young pup home. Most of the pup will whine and barks for a few reason.

1. They miss their mom and siblings as usually at night they curl and sleep close to their mom or among siblings for the warmth. If you bring the new pup home, he will miss that warmth. To ease that, give your new pup some warm/thick towels or blankets. Some even recommend a warm water bag. You will find that your pup will sleep on or very near the warmth source. Soft toys & cotton pillows will also help.

2. If the new pup comes from a large family, they will probably be lonely too when with you. Recommend that for the first few days, keep the new pup close where he can see you or felt your presents. Once he is ok, slowly move them to where you want them to be at night. This will help to ease their loneliness. Don't hold them or let them sleep on your bed, it won't work.

3. The other thing to try is that give him some food before you goes to sleep. Normally a puppy will sleep better when they are full. Best play will the pup till he is tired before feeding him.

My 5 weeks old pup settle down quitely at night outside after 1 week.

Benji's Blog
http://babybenji.blogspot.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my