How to stop it from hating people?

howard
Novice

Jul 28, 2006, 4:34 AM

Post #1 of 20 (5446 views)
Shortcut
How to stop it from hating people? Can't Post

The story goes like this:
Early this year, there is a wild dog that came to my house, she eats my cats leftover food.
She has been staying here since then.
All the time, I was in KL studying, when i came back to my house, to my surprised, the dogs is already here. And she doesnt disturb my cat.
Eventhough she is a wild dog, but she is tame in nature, she seldom bark nor chase people around my area.
By the way, me and my parent are the only chinese family here, as this is goverment quarters.
The houses here are not fenced, so the dog can wander around, but then she has never cause problem to anyone.

The problem starts.... In June 2006, I caught the neighbor (left side) throwing sticks and stones at the dog, even though the dog was laying in front of my door. Even though being provoked, she kept still and didn't bother them at all.

In early July, she gave birth to 8 puppies. A week later, everyone at home was out for three days and I was in my university.
When i came back home, I noticed 5 puppies dead in front of my door. They all seem to have wounds on their bodies. May be thrown or beaten to death (I'm really not sure).

After that, I realised that the dog is rather aggressive towards the left side neighbour. Everytime, when they came out (sons or the father) the dog will bark fiercely. It caused me to believe that they may have been involved in the puppies death.

The dog is really tame and never even disturb my cat. She does chase of other cats if they disturb my cat.
And she never behave so fiercely to other neighbors, even though my rightside neighbors' children is playing in front of my house, she just lay in front, looking at them but never caused trouble.

Just now, since the leftside neighbor was outside for a long time, she kept barking, so i chained her up for safety. I would like to emphasize she was not like this before the puppies death, even though she was thrown with sticks, stones and water bottles by the left side neighbors.

Two other neighbours (Mr.X and Mr.Y) who heard the barking just now, came to my house to complain about the dog.
I explained to them that she is not wild as in able to attacking people, she just chases if you run in front of her but thats their playful nature, she has never chase nor bark at my right side neighbour nor the students that are always walking along the road in front of my house. And I have to emphasize the fact she never disturb the rightside neighbor at all.

Frankly, Mr. Y was very unreasonable. After listening my explaination, he immediately said, maybe she likes my rightside neighbor, so she don't disturb them but she hates my leftside neighbor, so she is fierce towards them (Note: All my neighbors are MALAY), .

Come on!!! They all are Malays, dogs only has black-and-white vision, to the dogs, everyone looks the same in color. So, why does she react that way to the left side neighbor and not the rightside nor others???
The dog has not caused problem to my cat, so I never see any reason for me to chase it away nor to hurt it.

Mr.Y said " If you don't want her, you should just take stones and throw at her, so she doesn't stay at your house". How unreasonable!!! I told him, I'm a buddhist and I'm not allowed to do that.

He continues to say "Do you want the dog? If you don't want it, I will call the majlis daerah to get rid of it!". I replied saying I won't allow as the dog can't be blame in the first place. Only the leftside neighbor is being barked at after the dead puppies incident, and she has 3 puppies to take care of, if the majlis take her, they will kill her.

Mr.Y said "Don't worry, I will called majlis to take her and the puppies, and whether they are killed or not is none of your business and we don't have to care about it!"

I said " No such thing and I will not allow that"...
After saying that, I walked away from them.

Even though I never really take the dog as my pet, as she just eats my cats left over food, I do have some feeling towards her after so long.
Every being has the right to live, even dogs,and i definitely don't think she should be blamed entirely . Remember, the leftside neighbor has thrown stuffs at her and she only became like this after her puppies died. So, I can't stop thinking they may have been involved in the killing of the puppies and the fact that she is only barking at them.

I'm worried that the Masjlis Daerah will soon come and take her and the puppies away and kill them.

I hope somebody here can give me some options on how to save her and the three puppies.

I'm in Kota Tinggi, Johor. I can't find any pet shelter where I can send them to the shelter and other people can adopt them. The puppies are really cute and the mother is tame.

I really don't want them to be hurt or worse, killed.
Can anyone give me some options to save them?
How to stop the Majlis Daerah from taking them?
Are there any laws protecting dogs in Malaysia?

12 years ago, there was a chinese neighbor here, they had an old dog, which was later killed but somebody around the vicinity, as the dog was believed to be poked with satey sticks covered with poison til death.

Due to that incident, and when i started feeling like having a pet, i decided to take cats instead of dogs as we didn't know who did it and I was worried that my dog may also suffer the same fate.

How to stop the mother dog from hating people? and treating everyone as her enemy?

Please Help.
Thanky you very much.

Regards,
Howard

howard
Novice

Jul 28, 2006, 4:51 AM

Post #2 of 20 (5444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [howard] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems to me that the leftside neighbor is involved in the death of her 5 puppies.

Since then, she has been very violent and aggressive towards the leftside neighbor, barking fiercely and even chasing them. She also started to bark at people who walk too close to my house (it never happen before the death of the puppies). The houses in these area are not fenced.

How do I make her stop the hatred towards others and treating others as enemy and a threat towards her until she behave so aggressively?

If I don't stop her barking and aggresive attitude, the Malay neighbor will get the local authority to kill her. One of them already threaten to do so.

Even though she is a wild dog and not really my pet, I don't want her to die for mistakes others done. As she was not aggressive like this before, it was after the puppies death she turn into this way.

I don't understand, why the malay neighbor doesn't have to be punished for turning her into so aggressive?

Initially, dog is tame; human offend it, make it violent; human want it dead coz it is dangerous; what about the human? They have done nothing wrong?????? So unfair!!!!

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #3 of 20 (5417 views)
Shortcut

Dear Howard,

I sympathise with your problem and the dog's. But this is always the case of Cruel Humans and the quick blame on the dog.

In KL/Selangor, a rotweiller was put down because it bit a child. Turns out the child was taunting the dog - throwing stones, etc. One day when the dog got out, it remembered who made fun of it.

Don't worry Howard, these people will pay for their sins when they meet their maker. Or they will meet terrible calamities in life for being evil and cruel. And usually, it is Malay people who cause these problems, whether we want to say it out or not. I can see it happening in my neighbourhood everyday. They disturb the dog, not the dog disturb them. And then they blame the dog and call the authorities. They do this to flaunt their 'power'. I was out in my car with my dogs recently, looking for parking space when a Malay boy about 10 years old started wagging his backside at my dogs, teasing them and making monkey faces, for no reason other than his own sick enjoyment. In his hand he held a stone. I immediately came out of the car and stared at him until he ran away. What do these people teach their children?

What I am trying to say is - you need to protect that dog from these people. Take it in and call it yours. Don't tie it outside. Protect the puppies. Don't leave your dog unattended. If u have to go out, bring it in. Put it in the kitchen if you must or anywhere indoors. I know gov houses are usually very big with lots of space and indoor areas. I used to live in those when I was young. Your dog will have plenty of space to move around. Don't tie it up, just leave her enclosed in an area. You can also use a childgate to enclose it yet let it look at all the activity going on in your house so it won't feel left out.

Watch out for poison. These ppl will try to harm your dog by any means possible. And when Bandaraya comes, they have no right to take that dog away if it is in your compound. They can be charged forn trespassing. So don't let your dog wander around outside of your compound/gate. If it is outside, it is public property.

Also, get it a licence. Its only RM15 or so. Vaccinate it, then spay it. She will no longer give birth or want to go out ever again. Do it if you love that dog.

Remember what Buddha said: Compassion for all living things. Respect for all life.

That dog needs your compassion and kindness and love, and believe me- if you show that towards an animal, you will be rewarded amply.

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 2:51 AM

Post #4 of 20 (5416 views)
Shortcut

By the way, she's barking at those left-side people because she's trying to tell you that its those left side people who killed her puppies.

Please watch out for your dog. I know those people will take revenge. Do what i told you. Take her in (as in INSIDE your house) And get the cooperation of the rest of your family.

howard
Novice

Aug 11, 2006, 4:24 AM

Post #5 of 20 (5411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ambermae] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ambermae

Hmm... i cant take it in, coz she makes my cat jumpy nowadays... when she barks... and the puppies, I'm not sure how to make them accept my cat and my cat to accept them...

she doesn't have to see those neighbors to start barking, she can feel their foot steps..

the children cant stop going to the back of my house to provoke her.And she barks like crazy, then one of those problematic neighbors come over and say she is dangerous, want to call Majlis Daerah people to kill her and the puppies...

those people are crazy... and its so disappointing, that those people are TEACHERS!!!! They are well educated , yet so UNCIVILISED!!! The left side neighbour is an Ustaz... doesn't he know what is his religions teachings and whether his religion allow such acts of cruelty (throwing stones, shoes, sticks at a dog which is sleeping)???, SO DISAPPOINTING!!!!

They are really giving me a headache..

U got an email i can contact you?

thank you for your advice...

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #6 of 20 (5403 views)
Shortcut

Hi Howard,
My email is monicatandi@yahoo.co.uk or petproj@streamyx.com. Use the second email for a faster reply.

Yes, you CAN take it in. I live in a small house and I have TWO cats and TWO dogs, and 1 puppy that I rescued from a dog attack. The puppy is temporary. But my two dogs (you can see in the pix) live together with my 2 cats.They don't exactly play with each other but they don't attack the cats either. I keep them separated with a childgate. The cat can jump in or squeeze out whenever they want to but the dogs can't get near them.

You cannot let these people harm your dog. They are trouble makers. It is really diasppointing that these people are so badly brought up with no fear of God and the repercusions. It is shameful for a person to represent the religion of this country and then behave this way. Already the religion is having a bad name for terrorism, being violent and blood thirsty. Your left side neighbours just proves that the negative perception that ppl have about this religion is TRUE.

This is not to say that ALL Muslims are bad. There are one or two who are actually kind and compassionate. I personally know of at least 3 Malay ppl/couples in my immediate neighbourhood who keep dogs. And cats. Together in the same house. And lagi, small house too.

You can bring the dog in. At least when you go out. Just give it a space like your storeroom and have it cut off with a childgate. A childgate is about RM80.00. Or get a second hand one from a garage sale for baby things.

The cat will get used to the dogs. As for the puppies, even better. A cat is not threatened by small sized puppies. Its the other way around. The puppies will get scared of the cat. As for the older dog, she will not harm the cat if you do not allow her to. If they used to play together, then things wont change now.

You will have to find a home for the puppies soon. If they are older than 6 weeks, you can already wean the puppies from mother's milk and start feeding solids, such as rice mixed with some meat and vegetables. And then find a home for them. If you cannot find a home, then give them to an animal shelter. If they are good looking and free from diseases, they will not put them down. If they are NOT good looking then you have a problem.

As for the mother dog, keep it in your compound. Those neighbours of yours have no right to come over to your house. It is trespassing on your property. Also, do you have SPCA in Johor? Call them. They can help. They have an animal cruelty prevention unit and will come over to talk to your neighbours to stop taunting your dog.

Is the problem just BARKING. Are they complaining about the noise? Then you must keep her from seeing them. She really hates them and I can't blame her. Don't let these people bully you. They are actually bullying you and trying to scare you and you are reacting to their threats. Meanwhile, they keep throwing stones and sticks at your dog. Isn't this called bullying? They always say - there is only one way to handle bullies - and that is to stand up to them.

One more thing you can do is: Enlist the help of your other Muslim neighbours. Are they OK? Friendly? Do they mind the dog? If not, talk to them and ask them for help to talk to their brother Muslim next door to stop harrassing you and the dog.

You can also talk to the police for harrassment. You are in the right. They are in the wrong. Remember that.

Don't let this situation carry on. Do something.

Or your last alternative will be to give the dog away. This means you are bowing down to the demands of that so-called Ustaz. Believe me - if you do that, it won't end. Because you show that you can be defeated , next then will be complaining about your family, or your car or the colour of your house - anything, just to make you kow tow to them. Its also very sad for the dog because the poor dog is looking to you for protection and you are turning her away. But if you have no other choice, and you are scared and won't try to bring her in, then there is no other way.

NB: There are many ideas in the pet shop that can help you keep a dog within its boundaries even if you have no gate or fence. A retractable cable for example attached to a wall, tree or whatever will give your dog about 20 feet of freedom in all directions. She can move around outside freely, without stepping out of your compound. I have such a cable.

My dogs used to use this cable when they were puppies to keep them off my plants. Now they are older and don't attack the plants anymore, they have full freedom of the house, including my bedroom - except the cat area which they can go into WITH supervision. And my house is spotless. It is so clean you can eat off the floor. It is not true that when you have animals in the house, the house will be dirty and smelly. You will be surpsied to know that my house is cleaner than many other people who have no animals in the house. Of course, the first thing to do is to keep the dog clean lah.

It CAN work if you try. I am living proof that it works.

howard
Novice

Aug 12, 2006, 3:10 AM

Post #7 of 20 (5399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ambermae] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, I'm trying my best to stop her from seeing people.

But the thing is, i have already chain her up at the back, yet those people have nothing to do and they are too free, so they like to walk to the back of my house or near the back until she sees them and starts barking.

Yea, they are complaining that she is barking like crazy. Becoz she barks, they say she is SANGAT MEMBAHAYAKAN NYAWA ORANG LAIN!!!

They forgot everything about her being quiet before her puppies death. Before the incident, anyone can walk to my door and she will still be laying there sleeping. Now, anyone comes close to my house, she will start barking. But If I go out to meet the person who approaches my house, she would quiet down. Only the left door neighbor is the exception, even if i stand beside her, she would still bark at them like crazy. She hates them a lot obviously. I'm already very considerate by chaining her behind instead of in front, yet this people take it for granted. THe left side neighbor children, likes to walk in front of my house since i chained her behind, and shouting "Anjing! Anjing! Anjing!" GOSH!!! It's becoming extremely annoying. It's like they are challenging me to let her go and chase them is it!!!

No offends, but those Malay Teacher here in the school quarters stick together like glue, regardless of who is right and wrong. I already explain the puppies death to one of the neighbor, all he said was, sekarang dia (the dog) sangat bahaya. I think the people who make her like this are more dangerous. They think that the only way to solve the problem is to kill the dog and her puppies, they never thought even for a second about what the left side neighbor has done to the dogs.

Where can I get those retractable cables? I never seen those before. Cost?

It just happen yesterday morning (Thursday), it was 7am, my dad already went to school, one of the teacher who threaten me that he wants the majlis people to kill the dog purposely stop in front of my house and talked to another person (I dont know who), they were like shouting, I could hear every single word they said (I WAS ON MY BED!! I DID NOT LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AT ALL!!! u can imagine how loud they were speaking purposely), the teacher ask "anjing tu dekat mana sekarang, saya dengar dia menyalak tadi" The anonymous guy "Ada ada, budak tu ikat dia kat belakang, kucing dia kat depan, pagi tadi pukul 6 anjing tu menyalak, semalam pun ada menyalak!"

GOSH!!! They r driving me crazy! Its like they are spying on my every move!!!

amber_mae

Aug 14, 2006, 11:37 PM

Post #8 of 20 (5384 views)
Shortcut

Ayoh, wat is this - ganging up on you now! Teachers are like gangsters, thats why there is so much gangsterism in school. The Ministry of Education should put a stop to this: Teaching their Teachers not to start Politics in School. That's how gangsterism starts. It is politics - get a bunch of people to follow your ideas and start picking on a person who seems defenceless - in this case, that's YOU because you are the minority living in an area where these Malays are the overwhelming majority.

Why don't u write an email to the Ministry of Education and tell then to Stop Bullying where it Starts, that is from the teachers themselves. The address is moe.com.my

How close are these people to your house? Isn't there something that separates your house from them?

If not, and you really can't take the dog in, then create some sort of fencing. That will create a barrier between u and them, and they cannot say that 'anjing itu akan membahayakan nyawa orang' because the anjing cannot get at them and they can't blame you for it. So how can it 'membahayakan' anybody if it is locked and barricaded in. They can't make that an excuse. Also, I strongly believe you NEED to take that dog inside. Or your life will be a living hell. They will continue to harrass you until you get rid of the dog, making all sorts of excuses to taunt your dog. Also, if it is exposed, they will try to poison it.

You don't need to spend much. To make a wire fence , you need a hammer and nails and some cheap chicken wire, fencing wire,whatever from any hardware shop. Probably less than RM20.

As for a retractable cable, ok so maybe that might also be a bit expensive for you. Just go to same hardware shop and ask them for a steel cable. They sell by the metre. Dono how much. But be careful. Because it is not retractable, the dog might strangle itself on it or worse, these people might use it to strangle the dog.

I still feel you need to take the dog inside. Tying it at the back is still making it visible. As you say, they purposely walk to the back to taunt it and make it bark.

Inside the house - if a childgate is too expensive, use the same chicken wire and hammer it to the door frame. Make it about 2ft high so you can step inside or create a hinge with a cheap hook (about RM1.00) so you can get in and out easily.

Or tie it to your kitchen area if your kitchen is large enough.

Other than this, I really don't know how else I can help you. What do you think is YOUR solution to the problem? Only you know best because you are IN that situation. I don't know what your house looks like and what kind of space you have. But I can tell you this trouble AINT going to end until they get you to remove the dog.

Have you called SPCA? I don't know the Johor number but log on to their site and see. Just go to google or yahoo and type in there spca malaysia and they will take you to their website which has all the necessary information on animal cruelty and so on. They will also have the telephone numbers. I can give you the KL one but thats for KL and not for Johor. One thing I know for sure is that the KL one will come to investigate the problem. I know this because I called them to solve an animal cruelty case here and they did. And then, they also did a follow up to see that the owner has complied.

You see Howard, enemies have already been created. Even if you remove the dog today, these people will never be friends with you again. They are looking for a reason to bully you. The Dog is just an excuse.

I hate these kind of people.

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

howard
Novice

Aug 17, 2006, 5:09 PM

Post #9 of 20 (5357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amber_mae] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ambermae,

May I know your name? Ambermae should be your nickname on the forum. Are you working?

Anyway, I'm unable to keep the puppies and dog. Even though my father would like to keep them, but I think it is too dangerous for the dogs to be at a Muslim area. As I said, those people are like spying on me every minute, it is very distracting and a lot of pressure.

They purposely speak loudly in front of the house after my dad goes to work.

Just this morning, they say "Bila Majlis nak datang ambil anjing tu? Anjing tu warna coklat, cepat sikit suruh mereka datang ambil? Asyik menyalak saja, bising betul!"

I'm afraid that I will not be able to stop the Majlis when they come with warrants.

The Malay people here are not reprimanding the Uztaz and his family nor anyone who caused the dog to become aggressive by throwing sticks and stones at it. They just feel the dog is wrong and very dangerous and want it gone.

This is Goverment School Quarters, I can't simply build any fence or structure, all must go through the contractors which application through schools will take ages.

I really don't understand why these people are like that. They are not using their brain to think what is right and what is wrong. They just think their own people are always correct. I still remember during the Sept 11 incident, some of these teachers who gathered and chit-chat, actually said it's a good thing that incident happened because US is bad, due to what they did in Middle east, they should be punished, blah blah blah. What is International Law for, if everyone just bomb a building or kill others to seek revenge? And I thought this is the 21st century when people should be civilised and let the court handle this issues. We are no longer in the stone age, if i'm not mistaken. These people just don't think. And worse, they are teachers, educated people, yet the brains are not functioning. They don't reason about the fact that the dog wasn't like this until the puppies death. They don't think about blaming the people who did it. They don't even go talk to those people to stop harrassing the dog. They just don't use their brains to think. Luckily I was not studying at my father's school. Don't know what kind of students are being produced here every year when so many of these teachers are here.

howard
Novice

Aug 18, 2006, 3:08 AM

Post #10 of 20 (5354 views)
Shortcut

just found out something interesting from SPCA,

i was told that my Malay neighbor can complain the dog for being smelly, noisy or aggressive,

any of these reasons is enough for the Majlis to come and kill the dog,

and another thing, even though i lock them in the house,

majlis have the right to barge in to take the dogs.

I guess thats y they were able to kill the 13 dogs in the living room, bed rooms in the bloody incident in recent months.

I dont understand why malay hate dogs so much.

They say their God created everything

Then have they thought about why their God created dogs?

Is it for them to harm it when it is lying there sleeping by throwing stones and sticks?

Is it for them to use sticks to poke the puppies til death?

To cause so much trauma towards the mother dog, causing her to be afraid of people, until she is aggressive towards people who approaches the house. Then they say she is dangerous, and want it dead. Is this right?

Why the people are not blamed? Why only the dog is blamed?

Malaysia has a very weird society. Too weird for me to understand.

Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2006, 5:16 PM

Post #11 of 20 (5350 views)
Shortcut

majlis have the right to barge in to take the dogs??? there is no way they can enter your house without a warrant or court order, even the police cant do that. anyway, hv u found a solution after talking to SPCA?

howard
Novice

Aug 18, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #12 of 20 (5345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [8033] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

well, I was shock to know that too,

but according to SPCA it has happened before and the Majlis has warn the SPCA regarding this.

For the safety of the dog and her three puppies,

I'm giving them to the SPCA in Johor.

I can't do anything else at the moment.

I try chaining it at the side, then they disturb it; i chained it at the back, they also go disturb it.

I have been very considerate and accomodating already. Unfortunately, the Malay people here are taking it for granted and going overboard. No matter what I do, they keep asking for more and now they want majlis to kill the dog.

I think these people are basically STUPID brainless people. They r teachers, yet so uncivilised. They basically don't have a functioning brain.

I have no choice but to ask SPCA to take them away, and let others who can, to adopt them; rather than c them get killed by the Malay Teachers in this lousy school.

Thank God, I'm not a student of this pathetic school.

potter

Sep 14, 2006, 1:33 PM

Post #13 of 20 (5237 views)
Shortcut

This is such a sad story that I can't bear to read on anymore. I myself have even encountered this kind of people. It is the animal/dog that is so pitiful and at mercy. If in other more developed countries, a much more caring society, the animals are so much more well taken care of. Although there will always be the occasional cruelty reported, there are always animal officers in place to put these people behind bars or being slapped with a heavy penalty. Again, although animals are being "passed" on to Humane Societies and are sometimes being put to sleep, their chances of being adopted are always much much higher as people in the society are much aware of what is happening. Also, they have free adoption campaigns every 2 weeks thus highering the chance of animals being adopted. These officers are usually highly trained and loves animals alot. The law is in place because animals cannot speak and defend for themselves and usually, there is no license needed unless it is a banned breed like pitbull (again it is banned due to human breeding it for dog fighting purpose which is by no fault is the dog's). And you will never never see dogs being destroyed by the officers or treated cruelly by them as they are usually very firm but gentle. I am not trying to find fault here but sincerely, I do hope a better day will come by for animals especially dogs in Malaysia. My grandma used to have a Muslim neighbour that I call nenek. Nenek kept like 13 dogs of her own and she loves each and everyone of them and when her husband (a dog lover too) passed away, she grew even more attached to the dogs. I have seen alot of stray dogs being treated cruelly. I have adopted one stray myself and he is really such a good and gentle dog and even turned out handsome after baths and grooming.Although he was a couple years old when he came to us, he was still very trainable.He has free range of the house. I also do urge Malaysians to keep dogs in the house when it is too hot outside which usually is during the afternoon. Dogs do get heatstroke. Install a doggie door for them or use playpen in an area of your indoor house like the kitchen which the floor can be easily cleaned and remember to play with them and walk them once or twice everyday.Treat them like a family member. You wouldn't give up your family member when they are sick or when they are disabled and you will be assured your dog will still love you so much if you are sick/disabled.Socialize them when they are puppy and continue to socialize them. Bring them out, let them experience different situations.If anyone have questions about dog issues, you are welcome to write to me at wytien@puppy.com.my. I do have quite a bit of knowledge about solving dog behavioural issues.

Again, I do hope whomever that have read this piece of article will remember that animals can speak for themselves and us, human who are capable of defending and taking care of ourselves are given the task by God to take care and protect these animals.There is nothing like a dirty animal and after all, we are all Living Breathing things sharing this earth temporarily.

And o, I do believe that however horrible a dog's past is, or whatever a dog's problem is, they are usually retrainable unless they were trained from young to be a fighting dog which their temperament has to be assessed first before being adopted/retrained.Usually it starts with training the owner to train the dog.My adopted dog used to be so scared of human beating him, he don't even come near us at first but he has transition to a very happy dog and have forgotten about all the abused he has had. He is no longer with us but I am glad and proud to say that his remaining years with us have been a happy one.I do miss him dearly and look forward to have more dogs or maybe run a dog shelter if I have the financial capabilities; a no-kill one if possible and with more support from private foster homes.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

(This post was edited by potter on Sep 14, 2006, 1:38 PM)

flowerremi
Novice

Sep 14, 2006, 5:14 PM

Post #14 of 20 (5229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Potter, I totally agree with your view. "whatever a dog's problem is, they are usually retrainable.." It depends on the owner to have more love, time and patience plus proper way to do all this, and not just blame the dogs for whatever "wrong" they do.Thanks for giving your email too to share with others your knowledge of dogs' behavioural issues.

Btw, do you know where to get a doggie door? cheers.

potter

Sep 15, 2006, 9:33 AM

Post #15 of 20 (5220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flowerremi] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Getting a doggie door in Malaysia, personally I am travelling overseas right now and its easy to get doggie doors here as doors overseas are just a plank and thus the doggie door is easy to built in as part of the door. In Malaysia, there are the grills for the door, glass door and so forth that I really am not sure. I attach a link below for your reference. They have some very cool stuffs there for pets although they do ship internationally, their price are a bit on the high side but you can always get an idea or two and look around in hardware stores for some DIY ideas or maybe stick with a playpen in the house when you are out.

http://www.skymall.com/...ing/dept.htm?c=10700
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

flowerremi
Novice

Sep 15, 2006, 5:19 PM

Post #16 of 20 (5217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks potter! cheers

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 20, 2006, 5:57 AM

Post #17 of 20 (5195 views)
Shortcut

My glazier fixed a doggie door on my glass sliding door for me for RM70.
Attachments: doggiedoor.jpg (26.9 KB)

flowerremi
Novice

Sep 20, 2006, 4:51 PM

Post #18 of 20 (5190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah!!!!!!!!! So nicely done!!!

Is it heavy for the dog to push thru? Wow... your furkid certainly got a classy door on its own. hahaha...It is a very good idea, plus affordable. Any safety concern?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 20, 2006, 10:16 PM

Post #19 of 20 (5185 views)
Shortcut

None that I can see so far. Both the dog and the cat use it to get to the balcony, their potty area. The cat's litter pan is there. The flap is made of perspex and is not heavy at all.

flowerremi
Novice

Sep 20, 2006, 11:15 PM

Post #20 of 20 (5180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] How to stop it from hating people? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok. understood. initially tot it's a glass door instead. cheers!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my