Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
skin problem..pls advise

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

chongmeng_soh

May 5, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #1 of 60 (5326 views)
Shortcut
skin problem..pls advise Can't Post

yesterday when i shower up my dog i notice there are so many red spot on his skin. have anyone come across this case? would appreciate if anyone can advice on what to do...thanks.
sohchongmeng.spaces.live.com/

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 6, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #2 of 60 (5306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chongmeng_soh] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

HI

Does the red spot has any puss in it ? Mocha used to have that too and when I went to the vet they told me to change the food to science diet but it didn't seems to work so, after that I change the food to Back to Basics and change the shampoo to a milder ones and the red spot seems to have dissapear so I dunno which is the problem, the shampoo or the kibbles... but I suggest you take your dog to the vet and see what they say then maybe you could try to change the shampoo. Did you change the shampoo or kibbles for your dog recently ?

cheers,
minglmy

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 6, 2003, 12:59 PM

Post #3 of 60 (5302 views)
Shortcut

If this is an allegry then it is genetic. And you bred this dog? you have just made pups that are prone to allergies. how sad. this is what happens when someone makes pups from thier pets when they have no knowledge.

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 6, 2003, 4:59 PM

Post #4 of 60 (5298 views)
Shortcut

Hi, My furkid used to have this problem too, but I don know is it same as your fur-kid’s case. The red spot sometime have white colour (small dot) in the centre, just like got “nana” in the centre. The vet said it is due to the hot weather. The vet advised me to wipe his body with wet tower if the weather is hot and gave me some medicine (wet powder type) to apply. And advised me not to let our furkid's coat growing too long (for schnauzer).

Smile Eliza

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 6, 2003, 5:40 PM

Post #5 of 60 (5296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandybms] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

wow...you must be having a bad day. Don't you think your comment and assumption here was a little rude and harsh?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but spots do appear on dogs quite commonly. And he's just posting to get some advice on how to rectify the problem!My pup has spots on his body now too and when I went to check with the vet he said it's because of the reaction of the vaccination. But that doesn't mean that my dog is having it because of some genetic allergy or something! And like what Ming Yang said, it could be the food or the shampoo used at that point of time.

It's really not that nice to say nasty stuff like that about someone else's dogs especially when you don't know nothing about the history or background of that person's dog. Admit it...not everyone has a dog who's a pedigree and who has a clean bill of health. But that doesn't make the dog any less capable of being a loyal and loving companion. I don't promote or agree with ill-breeding too but to label a person as doing that just because his dog has some common SPOTS?

i can't figure that out Crazy

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 6, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #6 of 60 (5291 views)
Shortcut

hello,
yeah, Trivor has the same skin problem too. Initial it is red colour, and it will turn to grey colour when they dry up. is this what your dog's having? I was told to apply savlon anticeptic cream on it, it should be ok. Just make sure your dog won't lick on it. Any1, any other recommendations?
Trivor also has the "nana" what Elizatye called. The vet also told me wipe with clean cloth every day to prevent rashes. This usually happens on the peeing area and tummy.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 6, 2003, 6:11 PM

Post #7 of 60 (5291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Trivor

On the spots that look exceptionally red, I put honey (just a little bit) on it instead of cream cause I was afraid Sparkle will lick on it (which he does!). Honey has antibacterial properties and it soothes the skin. Smile

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 6, 2003, 7:04 PM

Post #8 of 60 (5288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

oh~ I see, now I have learnt new things again!!
Thanks Cshellz!!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

ally_py

May 6, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #9 of 60 (5284 views)
Shortcut

hi, my shih tzu also have that. but her's one is yellow colour leh, it looks like ........... ermm dunno how to descrip. sometime if it's bigger, it got 'nana' too. she seem very gatal everyday, so kesian. i dunno y she get this, but i think maybe is the weather too hot and she always drink a little. sometime one day only drink half of her water-- 300 ml. how many ml should our doggie drink everyday?

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2003, 6:02 AM

Post #10 of 60 (5272 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, I stand by my experienced, knowledgeable opinion. IT IS GENETIC!!! He has bred this dog. How sad. if you want to stick your head in the sand and not believe it, then that is your perogative. It makes me very very angry when people make puppies with no knowledge and pass on genetic defects. Odds are very strong that the pups will have skin problems also.

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2003, 6:03 AM

Post #11 of 60 (5271 views)
Shortcut

BTW, a reaction from shots is also genetic, an autoimmune response that is most definitely genetic.

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2003, 6:05 AM

Post #12 of 60 (5268 views)
Shortcut

Reactions to shampoos and foods are allergies which are genetic.

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 7, 2003, 8:34 AM

Post #13 of 60 (5262 views)
Shortcut

Hi sandybms,

R u allergic to this forum and it's members? hmm.. I know,it must be genetic.Tongue

What's done is done. There is nothing that u can do about it. Expressing your anger won't make any difference. Y don't u educate ppl and try to prevent such act instead of whatever u're trying to do now.

Members come here to seek advise. They r already very upset about their dogs' condition. Pointing fingers won't make their pups better.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2003, 9:47 AM

Post #14 of 60 (5261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Pointing fingers as you so sarcastically call it is exactly what needs to be done. Breeding with no knowledge has created 99% of the dogs that are born with health problems. It needs to be hammered into people's brains. They dont think and they just go on thier merry way making sick pupppies. Being nice is not getting anyone anywhere. Something drastic need to be done to make people stop and think, Being nicey nicey nice has only perpetuated the problem . it is of epidemic proportions. This person bought his sick dogs with allergies from a poor breeder who didn't know/doesn't care and he is perpetuating the problem by making puppies with no education or study. Shame shame shame. I will continue to hammer it in until people realize how big a problem it is. Being nice does NOTHING, it is not making any progress. So I respectfully disagree with your sarcastic personality assesment. Pot calling the kettle black. Stop psychoanalyzing me and try to educate people yourself. Stop being so selfrighteous. Sickening is what it is. Your selfrighteous behaviour is just appalling.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 7, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #15 of 60 (5259 views)
Shortcut

Hi Sandybms,

I have often seen your post which you claims that you have the experience and is knowledgeable abt dogs but I can't seems to find your introductions in the members forum, therefore we have no idea how you came abt to your knowledge and what kind of experience you had/have/has.

Since you claimed that you have the knowledge, maybe you could join us for the gathering in KK this coming 14th and give us your point of view or a short seminar on how to "know or recognise" dogs which has genetic problems and what kind of preventions we should do once we knows the problems that our dogs has/have.

Currently, most of the owners of the dogs does not know and do not even realise the problems and therefore the problems of irresponsible breeding comes abt. If you could spend a little time for us during the KK gathering who knows how many people you could have reach and we all could learn from you. Being angry does not help your cause and if you do not do something abt it then being angry is of not use at all. Voicing out by writting is not the only where you can reach people.... try to join the gathering ok.

cheers,
minglmy

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 7, 2003, 10:57 AM

Post #16 of 60 (5254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

You obviously did not comprehend my post. Being angry is the EXACT PROPER way to get the point across that is what I said. NO ONE listens when you are nice. That is human nature. They just poo poo it and ignore the info. YELLING AND SCREAMING makes the point. I dont give a hooot what you think of me and my experience. If you choose to not believe me, be my guest go buy or breed unhealthy dogs, your choice, i am not holding a gun to your head. this is not a popularity contest. I just want to make my point and I did. you are not going to forget it too quickly will you . Point made.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

May 7, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #17 of 60 (5248 views)
Shortcut

sandybms,

I can see you are very passionate about breeding healthy dogs, which is extremely laudable. You had also made your point quite clearly in some of your other "heated" posts. I must admit you are quite right in many ways. HOWEVER, your reaction in this thread may be uncalled for, simply because it is no different from kicking and spitting at a wounded person, and saying to him/her "YOU DESERVED IT". Compassion is a virtue. If you truly want to educate the world about healthy breeding practices, by all means, do so...but not when the mistake has been done, like in this case. Retrospective action does nothing. Not only are you stabbing the knife deeper into chong's heart, you might as well tell chong to put her dog to sleep, just because it has a genetic problem. I have no right to tell you to be nice. You are who you are. Just have a heart, that's all.

Have a nice day.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 5:46 PM

Post #18 of 60 (5245 views)
Shortcut

who are you and why do you come here YELLING AND SCREAMING at everyone in this forum? You can't even identify yourself and u expect people to LISTEN or RESPECT you? It's not a popularity contest that's right, but at least have the curtesy to go INTRODUCE yourself and let us know how KNOWLEDGEABLE you are and WHY SHOULD WE LISTEN TO YOU? And what's keeping you from identifying yourself?

Gosh...everything is genetic isn't it? There are over 2000 forum members here and I can tell you more than half of the ppl here probably own dogs that are strays, mongrels, accidents or even purebreeds and pedigrees who have SPOTS on their skin. or who has an allergy to certain shampoos. so hey I have something to tell you: SAD TO SAY THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH PEOPLE YOU HATE AND LOATH. You can't change anything (you could have if you were a lot nicer but with ur attitude problem and your very apparent liking for name calling....go figure yourself out first).

Hey there are a lot of ppl (humans) born with disabilities too....no limbs, deaf, mute, rapist, killers, deformed, attitude problem.....they breed too. Why don't you try to advocate for ppl to not give birth so that they don't produce children with genetic defects as well.

sandybms, it must be hard being you. To wake up each day feeling so angry at the whole world. Trying to do so much but all in the wrong manner (ie the way you talk). Don't you ever feel tired?

Everyone here loves to listen to a knowledgeable person. That's why they are here in the first place. But to be YELLED AND SCREAMED at? Have you tried looking yourself in the mirror when you do that? Be careful not to torment your own dogs too much with your anger and sarcastic attitude. Could scar them for life and spoil the next generation mentally.

chongmeng_soh

May 7, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #19 of 60 (5241 views)
Shortcut

thank you for all your advise ...appreciate that.Smile will bring my dog to check with the vet and find out wat is the problem. about the breeding of ill dog .. would like to make some explanation about this ...i am trying to mate them when the female dog is on her 2nd heat but not succes...this heat is the 3th heat.as for the skin problem will try to get advise from vet in wherether can them still be mate or not. further more now i am still consider wherether to mate them or not sue to the working situation...coz i just change to a new work. cheer~

chongmeng_soh

May 7, 2003, 7:47 PM

Post #20 of 60 (5239 views)
Shortcut

so sandy ...dun be so angry and up set of ppl who breed dog....any how i really appreciate your advise.thank you.

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2003, 5:33 AM

Post #21 of 60 (5223 views)
Shortcut

YES EVERYTHING IS GENETIC!!!!! Allergies to shampoos, allergies to foods, allergies to grass, allergies to fleas,

sandybms
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2003, 5:35 AM

Post #22 of 60 (5222 views)
Shortcut

I will continue to be VERY angry when people breed dogs with no knowledge. There are a vast amount of unhealthy dogs because of people just like YOU, Those that want to breed thier pets and have no knowledge of genetics and no knowledge of the background of the dog. I am glad you are thinking more about this. But if the vet says it is allergies, please do not breed this dog. It is genetic and will pass on allergies to it's offspring. Please realize that there are a large amount of unhealthy dogs being bred. It is very sad. i get very frustrated and angry at stupid people.

Mad-Dawg
New User

May 8, 2003, 11:02 PM

Post #23 of 60 (5204 views)
Shortcut

(This post was edited by Khoobg on May 13, 2003, 6:31 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 11:50 PM

Post #24 of 60 (5197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad-Dawg] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mad-Dawg, Smile

I like your logic and that's why I brought it up about not breeding babies when the parents have some defect.

Those of u with pimples, acne, spots, blackheads, chicken pox please don't have babies. You know? Genetically defective?!!

Sandybms,

You do have a point. But perhaps by being a nicer person you could actually achieve your goals! You have good intentions, but why spoil it by making everyone so angry at you? Yes, most of us are not knowledgeable when it comes to dogs more so about breeding. And it's nice to have someone like you here who KNOWS the facts and what todo/not to do. But why can't you try to be nicer so ppl can accept what you say? I don't think all of us here are against your knowledge and opinion at all. In fact we VALUE it. Do you hear me? WE VALUE KNOWLEDGE. We love our dogs too and we want the best for them and most people who spend their time browsing through the forum just want to educate themselves more so that they can give even more to their dogs. But really, sometimes it doesn't hurt you to try to be a nice person for once. Has it even crossed your mind that your dogs (if you have any) can go mental just being too near you every single day because of your attitude and the way you speak to people? Do yourself a favour and help maintain the sanity of your dogs, those around you and most importantly, of yourself.

SMILE sandy! Smile

ckbeep

May 9, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #25 of 60 (5194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] skin problem..pls advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Elmo has it too.... but i guess it's not big deal. The funny thing is that the red spot with "nana" will be there in the afternoon and when i check it on the morning it's no longer there? I think it could be the weather problem. The vet actually told me that pups skins is a bit sensitive so when they actually sleeps and lie down and if the floor is not very clean, they will get those infection.

The vets did not game me any cream to apply too Sly. So i follow his instruction to clean his belly more often. The spots goes away... but it eventually came back again after i stop the cleaning his beely with towel soak with water. So i bought a type of antiseptic cream for him and apply on it. It goes away in 2-3 days. Everything gone!!!! haven't seen the red color spot for many weeks already... Sly.

And i found out that after i change his diet from Royal Canin to Science Diet... he's more slow down... not that hyperactive, and the smell of his breath is better... i think that could be another reason why he have the spots on his belly....

CkBeep

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my