Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
How to bring dog from KL to Kuching?

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2006, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 13 (6697 views)
Shortcut
How to bring dog from KL to Kuching? Can't Post

Hi i'm new in this forum thing. Just found this site today while i'm searching for ways to bring a dog from KL to Kuching. Man..this is a very good website. The thing is i love JRTs. I once saw one in a pet shop in Ikano and immediately fell in love with it. It's so 'kepo'! It followed the guy wherever it goes. I need this kind of breed to keep me 'the over bored' company.

I found a Jack Rusell for free in KL but how to do bring it over to Kuching? I heard it have to be quarantine for 6 months??? Where can i get more info?

Or is there anywhere i can get a JRT in Kuching?

Thanx.

Bl00ms

cybersim
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2006, 6:46 PM

Post #2 of 13 (6664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blOOms] How to bring dog from KL to Kuching? [In reply to] Can't Post

If follow the proper procedure, every West Msian dog who are imported into Swak need to be quarantine 6 months becoz Swak is a rabies free state. If you wan to reduce the quarantine period, you need to get you dog rabies vaccination and blood tests few months after vaccination. If I'm not wrong the rabies test can only be done at Bangkok, Thai and it cost few hundred ringgit and thre's no guarantee ur dog will pass the test. Anyway, the procedure is quite tedious.

JRT can be found in Swak but not sure is MKA registered o not. Think the price quite expensive la.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 4:20 AM

Post #3 of 13 (6564 views)
Shortcut

blooms.

my relative in kuching told me there's a jrt in a pet shop selling at rm700 without any cert.

so it relly depends on ur budget and whether u wan a show dog or just a companion dog.

if u don really mind all these, might as well get a jrt from kuching rather than paying for all those expenses.

just my opinion

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #4 of 13 (6561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] How to bring dog from KL to Kuching? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Molly,

I've got a JRT already..and i know which dog u are talking about. hehe. Everybody has been telling me..there's a JRT for sell at Amazing Pets at Jln. Song. and i believe they're brothers coz they're the same age, same size and in Kuching there's only 2 breeders (finally found them).

Bagel (refer to my pic), now 4 1/2 month age is a dear to us. Very very naughty but he's a fast learner. He's really hyper, sometimes irritating but always sweet and cute.

Thanx for your help though. Hope someone nice out there will buy the JRT in Amazing Pets coz he's been there for quite sometime already. Hopefully that someone out there will let me know when he/she buys him then i can track where Bagel's brother is.

Cheers!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 7:19 PM

Post #5 of 13 (6558 views)
Shortcut

blooms..

great to hear the news

then how the adopted jrt from kl le?

ic ic.. good la.. at least 2 bros is better and easier to track the siblings =D

notti.. yeah jrts are superly hyper. gotta bear with their never-tired haha ! but train him to know tat u r the alpha dog in the house, if not, he might feel superior.. tat time, things get tough and rough.

if can, try train him in agility when he old enof. jrts are smart and are perfect at doing hard small tricks, thanks to their small size, but big dog in it

u're alwes welcome.. yea i hope someone wil buy him too cus i don wish to see another doggie end up in dog pounds or put to zz just becos no one adopts/buys them

hopefuly u will find Bagel's brother in tis forum.

btw, Bagel's cute

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2007, 10:16 PM

Post #6 of 13 (6554 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

I dunno what happen to the JRT for adoption in KL. I was too busy with Bagel hehe. Ur Molly is cute too esp the colour is very unique.

Yeah if only there's obedience classes that i can attend with him in Kuching. All those organized are based in KL. Oh well, wish me good luck! So far he has learnt the basics : sit & shake hand & tickle.

Cheers!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 1:51 AM

Post #7 of 13 (6553 views)
Shortcut

blooms..

oh. hopefuly someone bought/adopted him. molly's color ah.. unique? haha thanks a lot ! i will say her patches are unique

there's no obedience class in kuching? my cousin told me tat day tat theres sarawak kennel association. u might wanna check on it?

tickle? wat the trick about?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 3:13 AM

Post #8 of 13 (6550 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi there,

I dunno what happen to the JRT for adoption in KL. I was too busy with Bagel hehe. Ur Molly is cute too esp the colour is very unique.

Yeah if only there's obedience classes that i can attend with him in Kuching. All those organized are based in KL. Oh well, wish me good luck! So far he has learnt the basics : sit & shake hand & tickle.

Cheers!

well u can always buy books that u can read, understand, learn, train, teach & share with us all

ezekiel 25:17

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Jan 6, 2007, 6:35 PM

Post #9 of 13 (6540 views)
Shortcut

hi Supa Molly,

So far no classes that i've heard of. My neighbours hires a trainer to train his labrador twice a week. I've heard of the SKA but my friends told me they do very lil activities. Oh well, i'm watching Cesar Milan's 'The Dog Whisperer'. It's a really good show.

Cheers!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 9:47 PM

Post #10 of 13 (6537 views)
Shortcut

blooms..

oh i see.. a pity.. but as vino suggested, u can also train using books.

will u be coming to kl for events? maybe is good when u plan to come once in a while.. then got ppl to ask also during the events.. any doubts especially.. hehe

cesar milan? she's a director? movie isit? dog whisperer.. hmm.. where did u get the movie? at shops?

blOOms
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2007, 5:44 PM

Post #11 of 13 (6530 views)
Shortcut

Cesar Milan host a show called 'The Dog Whisperer'. He's a dog trainer and you can learn lots from him. He's the dog man. You can try surf his website at:

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/

Cheers!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 2:19 AM

Post #12 of 13 (6527 views)
Shortcut

blooms..

oh. i see. so is reality show on national geo la?

i can feel the warmth on his face towards the dogs when i visited the site u gave me. hooray !

shijixue
New User

Jan 18, 2007, 8:01 AM

Post #13 of 13 (6498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cybersim] How to bring dog from KL to Kuching? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If follow the proper procedure, every West Msian dog who are imported into Swak need to be quarantine 6 months becoz Swak is a rabies free state. If you wan to reduce the quarantine period, you need to get you dog rabies vaccination and blood tests few months after vaccination. If I'm not wrong the rabies test can only be done at Bangkok, Thai and it cost few hundred ringgit and thre's no guarantee ur dog will pass the test. Anyway, the procedure is quite tedious.

JRT can be found in Swak but not sure is MKA registered o not. Think the price quite expensive la.

yaya...i now osso headache bringing my dog back to kch...i got all the procedure di..hope can help u la..:)
1st u nid to get an approved license for ur dog from the kch "jabatan pelihaan haiwan"...then u haf to fon to sekama vet to book a quarantine space for ur dog..one day they charge for rm 2.50 ...then nid quarantine 6 month lo for sure...if wan reduce the quarantine period...nid to send the blood samplt to thai or australia ..but mostly ppl sne dto thai...the blood test is fail ....to australia..cost u rm 2000++...then after got the license from kch...u nid get another license from ur state at penisula...then bring ur dog to inject the rabisin and go to blood test as well....cz if not..the enforcement officer at kch here won let ur dog come in.they will send it back to kl...

but for me..6 month quarantine..i think my dog won recognize me di...Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my