Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~

shalmay

Jul 22, 2006, 12:41 AM

Post #1 of 15 (1511 views)
Shortcut
my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ Can't Post

hi,

i just picked my new puppy home today... what can i do with the new puppy? let him sleep there? play with him? or do nothing? but i found that he got many fleas on his body, so what can i do? call vet? this is my first pet... i really have no idea of it

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #2 of 15 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shalmay] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy where did you get this puppy from? Frown

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

shalmay

Jul 22, 2006, 3:29 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, babymilk

i bought from a petshop... ai... now need settle his flea problem... and also pee and poo problem... because i'm new for rearing pet... really have no idea for all of it... aiyayaya...

help ~~~~~~~~~~

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2006, 6:23 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1500 views)
Shortcut

Frontline will solve your problem.

woof
Dog Kichi

Jul 24, 2006, 11:39 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1485 views)
Shortcut

Shalmay

You should go back to that Pet Shop and complain why do they sell you a Kutu Dog ?

Is your dog MKA Certified ? How much did you buy ?

Never get a dog from PetShop, only from Reputable Breeder.

Anyway, what u can first do to your dog is give it a good clean bath with Anti-Flea medicated shampoo soak it for around 10minutes, bath it everyday for a few days, but not too strong shampoo like Melasaeb, for a puppy it's not difficult to catch all the kutu one by one, catch all the kutu and dun let your dog run around the grass places it can expose to kutu. DUn forget to kill the kutu after you catch it.

Oh yea, since u r new, let me add, when u bath your dog, immediately after bath dry ur dog fast fast with a towel n hair dryer it, dun let your dog catch cold, thats the last thing you want your dog to kena. When bath your dog, watch out the eye and nose and ear, dry them fast if water goes in.

Do this first n see if the kutu continues ? Hope this helps.

In Reply To
hi, babymilk

i bought from a petshop... ai... now need settle his flea problem... and also pee and poo problem... because i'm new for rearing pet... really have no idea for all of it... aiyayaya...

help ~~~~~~~~~~

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

shalmay

Jul 25, 2006, 6:27 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, woof

thanks for your kindly advised... but is it ok to bath him keep on for few days? he is just 2months old... and soak it for 10min with the shampoo... will he get cold? Unsure i have no experience to bath with him, next few days only can bath him, because he just bath from the petshop last friday...

emmm... is it the bath start from his body, then the legs, tails... and head at last, right... and clean his ears and mouth after the bath? wah... really tension... first time bath for my pet... can hire anyone come to bath my dog at my home? (kidding) Tongue

thanks again ya Smile

woof
Dog Kichi

Jul 25, 2006, 7:51 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1466 views)
Shortcut

Hey Shalmay

Well, bath ur doggy with an Anti Tick Medicated Shampoo but using water from the heater, not cold water, NEVER bath ur doggy wif cold water, always always water from the heater, den make sure u close the door in the bath room, no wind access, start soaking for 5minit first, bath her daily for now, when she recovered from ticks, den u can bath her weekly.

Bathing a Dog:

1. Standby everything ready, shampoo, tub, towel.

Hold your dog on the neck with one hand, so that she wont splash you all over,wet her with warm water,apply shampoo on her body, start massaging her slowly n scrub softly, body, tail, under body, till the neck, especially the neck.

2. Then, take a little bit from the bubble foam to clean your doggy's head and outer layer of the ear not inside. BECAREFUL not to let the foam into the eye, once this happen, quickly dry & clean the eye with a clean towel.

3. Rinse your dog, from body to tail to under body, when u rinse the head, careful dun let the water flow into the eyes.

4. All the above are done, with another hand pressing her on the back of the neck, so dat she know she should not splash n dry herself yet. You can train her to dry herself by command next time, after rinsing, my dog will wait with herself all wet, till i say "ok go!!" den she will start splashing n drying herself, of course i m far away from her liau la hehe.....

5. After bath, dry her with a clean towel, dry the ear, inner layer and also clean it with a Ear wax removal lotion, cut accessive fur from the paw, use a hair dryer to dry ur doggy.

Catch the flea n ticks, one by one, searching all over your dog, puppy should not be difficult, especially at around the neck area, behind the ears, on the back of the dog, the tail n between the paws.

I suggest you go get a book to read on how to take care of your dog, reading on how to care for your dog is always best for a beginner. You can search around this forum for whats the good book to read. You can start with this 2 books.

-KISS Series, How to Live with a Dog

-Keeping a Dog for Dummy

Woof

In Reply To
hi, woof

thanks for your kindly advised... but is it ok to bath him keep on for few days? he is just 2months old... and soak it for 10min with the shampoo... will he get cold? Unsure i have no experience to bath with him, next few days only can bath him, because he just bath from the petshop last friday...

emmm... is it the bath start from his body, then the legs, tails... and head at last, right... and clean his ears and mouth after the bath? wah... really tension... first time bath for my pet... can hire anyone come to bath my dog at my home? (kidding) Tongue

thanks again ya Smile

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 25, 2006, 8:27 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Oh....Your pup only 2 month old.Blush

Then you no need to bath her first. You can use a wet towel and clean her up will do. After she get all her vaccination when she is about 5 month old you can start bathing her with warm water & use a mild shampoo & conditioner on her.

For the Ticks & Fleas problem. This is normal espcially your pup is from petshop or commecial breeder. Most probably your pup is infected with Ticks. So, you just catch the ticks and kill it will do. Most ticks like to hide around ears, neck, ampit, & between paws. No need use any medicated spray or shampoo on your pup it might be to strong for your pup & also will dry the skin & coat.

shalmay

Jul 26, 2006, 12:59 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

oh Shocked my god... i spary him the frontline already today... and will bath him on this friday wo... so can he tahan it? oh Shocked....

he seems abit tired after i spray it to him... anything bad to him later? i'm so worry him now Unsure

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 26, 2006, 5:09 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1443 views)
Shortcut

No worry your pup should be OKWink

Just remember don't bath your pup for 1 week after the vaccination and also bath him with warm water. At the moment you stop bathing him now. Just swipe him with wet cloth will do.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 5:01 AM

Post #11 of 15 (1310 views)
Shortcut

shalmay..

hows yr puppy now?

in control?

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

shalmay

Jan 5, 2007, 6:20 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi SupaMolly Smile

thanks for your concern Smile my little kenneth is 7 months old now lo... hehe... he is super clean... i protect him away from ticks, i become small insect killer now Cool

i put him spot on every month, and checking his body when bath him, especially when using dryer dry his hair!!!

it's really work Sly but be careful when taking him for a walk , the grass area is most dangerous for dog lo... got many tick and small worm there Frown

i seldom take him outside geh, just let him exercise at home, 3 times a day, around 30minutes once, let him run and play wild wild there Cool

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 7:26 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1304 views)
Shortcut

shalmay..

haha.. no problem. me owes wish every doggie in good shape and hapee

7 mth. same wit molly. haha. oh good good owner u r, owes shooing away the ticks. but beware ur house if got tick become resident ya. and molly is the insect killer in my house now hahaha !

im sure ur kenneth loves it when u blow dry him? just like siting in salon ho

yeah last time i just bring molly walk on corridor. then immediately got 1 tick ade. haih. dono y tick like to play hide and seek, even on corridors they also like.

oh so u mean u let kenneth run wild in your house? kenneth sure look very fit

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shalmay

Jan 8, 2007, 10:40 PM

Post #14 of 15 (1296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] my new puppy got fleas , help ~~~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi SupaMolly

my kenneth fis fit la, but abit baby fat... vet said this only look cute wo Blush but can't be more fat... and i'm the one super fit la ... haha Cool because he likes to play games n exercise with me, so i need to run and run at home too.... Laugh and i like clean, always keep my house clean for kenneth... let kenneth have a clean n happy home... so i vacumm and mop my house for twice a day... Cool

wish you molly happy and healthy always ya Blush

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 2:53 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1292 views)
Shortcut

shalmay..

wow.. tat good. be fit = be healthy nex time can participate in dash run wit kenneth hehe !

is also good tat u keep ur hs clean for goodness sake of everyone .. then everyone lives healthyly and happily

thanks also for the wish.. same to u too =D

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my