Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: About This Site: Forum Help & Others:
I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help !

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2006, 10:00 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1974 views)
Shortcut
I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help ! Can't Post

Hi ! I'm a new puppy owner.. I will be getting my new mix collie this friday

I'm not so sure about the daily routine for my puppy, i mean as in what time should i wake her up, what time should i feed her, what time should i take her for a walk etc etc... I need some suggestions !

Also, for your info, i have a hectic schedule as a final year uni student.. I have class at 8am everyday... Hmmm I'm worried that i wont be able to feed her as often as i can.. Also, i do hope that i can put her to sleep when im not around..

Based on my busy schedule and the information i have given, can anyone give me some suggestions about her routine as well? maybe a simple timetable for me to refer is enough :)

Thank you very very much!

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2006, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help ! [In reply to] Can't Post

u should be feeding and bringing her to pee on every morning b4 going out...

i suppose u'll be putting her in cage when u r out....but mind to tell u that puppy pee and poo lotsa time a day. so all d mess will be in d cage....

what;s d time u would arrive home?

as soon as u arrive, i assume it would b evening.....when u bring her out from d cage...she'll need to pee again...n feed her....

puppy need to be feed at least 3 times a day....so probably once in d morning, evening and night....

juz b4 sleeping time @ nite, bring her to pee/poo again....but nonetheless, puppy still will pee/poo in d middle of d nite....

its hard to hv a routine for a puppy.....but unless its a adult then u can hv a easy routine for her....

they can hold their poo/pee until u r home to release her....n they onli require to be feed once a day....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 3, 2006, 12:31 AM

Post #3 of 13 (1942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amanda Frown

so sorry for the late reply...

ya i will follow ur advice :-) thank you very very much ~

ya my molly is big eater... eat a lot one.. so definitely poo and pee alot.. and me being the still-not-successful-toilet-trainer, will have to watch her everytime she go away, chasing her, and see if she dig dig the floor... then bring her to newspaper...

but then... i realise my condo unit very big until far far to catch her ... sometimes she finish pee only i manage to reach her hah! tat y u can see me as not successful toilet trainer lo... have to walk a distance oni can get her

by the time i got to her, she ade finis pee/poo

yor.. headache la

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 3, 2006, 3:31 AM

Post #4 of 13 (1929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help ! [In reply to] Can't Post

d best way is to confine her.....restrict her freedom until she had pee/poo.....so tat she'll not do mistake again

after sometime when she finally get use to pee/poo on newspaper.......when u let her freely to roam around, she'll know how to search for d newspaper to do her business....

stop letting her doing mistake again....or else it'll take u a decade to successfully train her.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 7, 2006, 10:55 PM

Post #5 of 13 (1912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] I need help with new puppy schedule... Please help ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownamanda85..

oh icic... now molly in my fren her babysitter house, and then my fren say molly knows how to go to under the stairs to pee, but not poo.. (or the other way round i forgot liaw)

then when she come back to me next mth, i need to retrain her in my new home ? will she whine again in middle of night in my new home? cos new to environment...

if i let her zz with me just to make sure she don whine at night, is ttat a good solution? i scared she wil pee/poo in my bedroom la, since she know her territory there liaw

how ah how ah???

need help in this matter...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 8, 2006, 1:25 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1906 views)
Shortcut

y u keep changing her house??

it would be too stressful for a puppy actually.....once she get use to an environment....d next month she gotta change again....

better let her settle down 1st n learn proper house manner........wait till she grows up a bit b4 changing d house even month....

it would b frustrating that she need to figure out where she need to pee/poo @ d new place again....

Pacco de Mongrel

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2006, 1:36 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1903 views)
Shortcut

Frown

oh is like this : i stay in condo.. then nex mth have to move out cos my house owner wants to sell the unit.. then, i need to exam this mth.. so i don think this mth i can concentrate on Molly.. so i think is best to send molly to someone who can temporary take care of her.. better environment also.. and nex mth, i have to move to a new house ..

so lo thats my story...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 8, 2006, 2:03 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1900 views)
Shortcut

yeah...hv juz read about ur story in ur blog...

then u actually shld realize this situation b4 u got her....n planned to get her after ur exam instead....

Pacco de Mongrel

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2006, 2:08 AM

Post #9 of 13 (1897 views)
Shortcut

hmmm yalo i tot abt this before.. and after reading similar thread, i found out tat this is a mistake ..

oh well.. is like this : the breeder, my fren, had to give out all her pups including the mama dog by end of july.. if not the PAWS will take away all the dog and pups.. i dono wat will happen to those adorable pups, so lo i worried, and i have wanted a pet since young.. so i asked one, which is my girl girl molly..

and then the story goes like this lo.. keke...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 8, 2006, 2:26 AM

Post #10 of 13 (1894 views)
Shortcut

huh?!?! collies oso need to end up @ PAWS....that's bad...

i understand ur situation actually....as for me...i don't think i can resist d temptation of getting a puppy as soon as possible...

i still remember when i lost my 1st dog....after 2 weeks of depression...i straight away called up a forumer n ask her to fetch a pup to me...

i don't even look a d pup picture.....Wink

Pacco de Mongrel

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2006, 2:33 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1892 views)
Shortcut

yealo poor thing...even the mama dog also er ...the mama dog really AMAZING and sweet.. human instinct she got...

yealo ade very rare le to get the breed.. sommore might put to sleep if no one adopt.. the pups i not too worried la.. but the sweet mama dog is poor thing le if no one adopt !

but now, all probs solved Frown, cos all pups and the mama dog adopted ! YAY !

HAHA... but no worries la no need see photo also know puppies all so cute rite ? the moment i saw Molly's photo, i straight away say "CUTE ! I WANT I WANT !" ... really really tempted tat time..

wow u really a dog lover .. impressed.. good good Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 8, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1890 views)
Shortcut

actually is becoz after spending 2 years wit my previous dog....all my hobby, time n money r devoted to my dog...

after she's gone...it seems like i got nothing else to do... so better get myself another puppy...b4 i died out of boredom...

Pacco de Mongrel

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Aug 8, 2006, 2:55 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1886 views)
Shortcut

Frown

oh? boredom? ya is like sudenly important character u so used to liaw leave u.. if me i also dono wat to do le.. maybe will even think of the time when previous doggie eat at 6pm... now no more doggie eat at that time.. very not used to ee...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my