Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Help!! Any1 know abt norwich terriers & min. Poodle mix?

liz.1106
Novice

Jul 20, 2006, 2:25 AM

Post #1 of 5 (907 views)
Shortcut
Help!! Any1 know abt norwich terriers & min. Poodle mix? Can't Post

A female Norwich terrier just gave birth to 4 puppies of Norwich terrier - Miniature Poodle mix parentage. Just wondering about the temperaments and behaviours and also the characteristics of these 2 breeds? Live in a small apartment and prefer a puppy who doesn't make much noise and doesn't really require exercise a lot. Hopefully one who is the intelligent type. My friend wants to give me one of the puppies in a few months' time and was just wondering about all these questions before deciding.

Please help! Never heard of Norwich Terriers before...Thanks

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2006, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [liz.1106] Help!! Any1 know abt norwich terriers & min. Poodle mix? [In reply to] Can't Post

norwich terrier is roughly about d same size as d other terrier....but it had a more boyish look...n his coat is harsh/wire n will not grow long like silky terrier....but afterall, d terriers temperament is about d same....

according to theory, both poodles and terriers are noisy dogs tat tends to bark...more than other dogs...n they require moderate exercise....if lack of exercise...they will become even more noisy.....anyway, if d owner trained them up...this should not b a problem....

if ur looking for a dog tat do not require much exercise n doesn't like to bark.... u should not choose a terrier....u should instead, choose a pug....

but juz to tell u tat, intelligent dog are active dog tat alwiz require lotsa exercise n mind stimulation....or else they will turn stupid...

n dogs tat do not require exercise and do not bark....will definately not a intelligent dog....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2006, 4:09 AM

Post #3 of 5 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [liz.1106] Help!! Any1 know abt norwich terriers & min. Poodle mix? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with Amanda.... poodles and terriers are very active dogs and terriers of anykind tends to be barkish.... unless the dog is one of the few that rarely barks...

If stay in apartment, kinda risky... best ask management if can rear or not and also your neighbours. Coz all dogs bark, all dogs likes to run and walk.... dogs will bark when got stranger or want attention. Also can become destructive when bored...

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

liz.1106
Novice

Jul 28, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #4 of 5 (881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Help!! Any1 know abt norwich terriers & min. Poodle mix? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda, thanks for your reply. Glad that u forwarned me before actually making a decision. I went to see the pups and they were awfully active and fat. The norwich terrier (the mom) did not bark when 4 of us (strangers) went into the house to see the puppies, nor did it growl or bark when we carried the pups out of the cage to pet them. Likewise for the poodle.....he just sat there looking very like the strong and silent type. I hope the pups will take after the parents though. I agree that Terriers are quite hyper-active and I guess it really boils down to how the owners train them.

I really really want to adopt the black pup but am still undecided. They are just 6 weeks old and still too early to show any inclination to how they'll act as they grow. I guess I'll have to take my chances. Sigh....thanks for your advice though..appreciate it!!! Muchos Gracias!! ;-)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #5 of 5 (875 views)
Shortcut

as i had said....those r just theory where u can find it from books....like "general guide to choose the right dog"....

unfortunately to me...i'll choose d appearance that i like d most....n later onli trained them up to me expectation...

but nonetheless.....i'm an active person....i enjoyed trekking and other physical activity....so is best that i choose d dog that enjoy exercise.....and definately i will not get myself a Pug or shih tzu....

btw, i loves black dog too.....my pacco is PURE black....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my