Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy???

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2006, 10:16 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? Can't Post

hi, i hrd from some ppl that it will be better if we 'botak' our furkids when they are young so that when their fur grow again, it will b nicer....issit true? must we really 'botak' them? won't they catch a cold easily?

or can we just trim them? some advises me that when we do it young, it wont be so ugly...but some even said that we don really 'botak' them at all.....just groom with some shapes will do......when the hair is short, it will eventually be curly...

fyi, i'm hving a toy poddle and my pup has never went for any full grooming before....i'm going to groom her this week but cant decide if i shud 'botak' her or just cut her fur short...pls advise!

thanks in advance!!!Blush

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 11:32 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? [In reply to] Can't Post

How old is your pup?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2006, 1:03 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? [In reply to] Can't Post

3 mths old....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 3:41 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't it that your pup abit too young to go thru the grooming session now. Sumore your pup only 3 month old and not yet fully vaccinated. If unlucky then your pup kena virus not good la. Grooming place alot of dogs so we don't know wherether the dogs send there for grooming are healthy or not. Wait till she older abit let say about 6 month old then only you decide to bring her for grooming lor.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2006, 4:39 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? [In reply to] Can't Post

oh really ah? i tot the younger go the better....coz i plan to bathe her and clean her up as well grooming......all in one.......but i'm planning to bring her to the house groomer....i mean really house one....not pet shop.......

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 6:18 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1330 views)
Shortcut

i heard tis rumours about shaving d dogs fur....n when d fur grow back, it'll look nicer and thicker...

but not botak la....juz shave onli....still got a bit left...

u can alwiz do tis throughout d dog stage of life....not necessarily must be a puppy....it's believe to work on adults dog also...

but i didn't try it b4....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Do we need to 'botak' our furkids for the first time when they are puppy??? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah...dats wat i hrd oso..hehehehehehe.....n ppl say it won look so ugly if we do it when they are still puppies...hehehehehee

but i think true la......no need botak la...later catch a cold, i susah!!!Laugh

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my