Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon?

Christy84
Novice

Jul 15, 2006, 9:00 PM

Post #1 of 12 (7096 views)
Shortcut
How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? Can't Post

How often will u bring ur furkids for grooming at the PET SALON??

A) 1-2 times per month

B) 3-4 times per month

C) 1-2 times a week

D) 3-4 times a week

E) Very often

F) Never

Thank you for ur kindly vote and comments.
Frown
Christy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 6:25 PM

Post #2 of 12 (7085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Christy84] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

Never.

but however, i've heard many unwanted incident happening in there....so do u actually worried whenever u send ur dog there?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Christy84
Novice

Jul 19, 2006, 8:22 AM

Post #3 of 12 (7076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually not worried le....but just wonder how many dog owners are willing to bring their furkids for grooming coz it is one of the important thing to make sure ur furkids have a clean and neat body.

I got a friend who bring his dog to spa once between two months...how i wish im his dog coz i never went for a spa before leh....erm the 1st time i guess maybe will be the day when im getting married...hahaha Wink
Frown
Christy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 5:16 PM

Post #4 of 12 (7070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Christy84] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

i've a fren who own a MS....she bring her 4 grooming every month.....

but another fren who own a cocker spaniel....she's so worried after hearing tat dog gets bleeding n some said groomer torture misbehave dog....

so she ended up buying d whole set of grooming tools including d grooming table....n went for a simple grooming course....

n she said it worth investing....then u can save more money rather bringing d dog 2 saloon everytime... imagine those who hv few dogs @ home...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jul 19, 2006, 5:17 PM)

wan
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2006, 7:58 PM

Post #5 of 12 (7065 views)
Shortcut

NEVER

1st of all he got short hair. There's nothing much to groom. We just do it ourself like cut his nail, clean ears, cut some excessive fur at his paw and tail. That's all.

I heard too many not too good cases at the groomers.. and the most worry thing is your dog skin will get infect my other dog that has skin problem. One pass on to another.

For those that have long fur dog learn to do yourself is good or find a place that really do a good job and clean.

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

Christy84
Novice

Jul 20, 2006, 7:50 AM

Post #6 of 12 (7052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

Then im wondering why the pet saloon got many business le since so many owners worried that their furkid will get hurt?... some more we can see that the pet saloon is getting more and more now.

But im sure there are many of them are treating the dogs politely...i guess only very few saloon will treat the dogs rudely.
Frown
Christy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2006, 10:01 PM

Post #7 of 12 (7048 views)
Shortcut

those who tends to sent their furkid to saloon r those to seems to be kinda lazy to bath their dog themselve.....

i wonder why my frens r so unfortunately to encounter wit accidents....but nonetheless once i heard of it....i keep warning my other frens about it....

i've a fren who show ACS...n she oso did d grooming all by herself...so i dun c any reason why an ordinary pet dog need professional grooming....

most of my frens who own 'nice' dog tends to show off their pet bringing them 2 saloon every month....they keep telling others tat 'my dog go saloon every month u know'.......especially those who own poodle n wanted to d coat to be @ tip top condition everytime...n they choose d lion cut!! tat ofcoz require a trained pro to do it....

afterall i don't understand y a dog will enjoyed grooming...they need to maintain d stand position for hours.....

i rather spent money on quality dog food.....tis is more important....

can u imagine ppl spent hundreds dollar on grooming....while their dog juz eat RM30 dog food....

dog enjoy eating....not grooming

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jul 21, 2006, 10:03 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2006, 3:04 AM

Post #8 of 12 (7035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree what you say here. Usually lazy people bring dog to grooming centre. Sometime, I also do that. LOLBlush shame on me Blush I bring them for trimming hair only after grooming I bath them myself. Imagine, I need to groom 5 Silkies & bath 5 Silkies. Guess how long I it take away my time to do all 5 Silkies? Its damn TiringCrazy

OK come to grooming at petshop. Certain breed of dog do required pro groomer to do the job like poodle, Shih Tzu, ACS & etc to cut & trim the hair. Unless you know how to groom the dog yourself. As I know, alot of ppls have no patient to learn grooming themself. That OK. Just paid the groomer to do the job.

But, One thing I don't understand, some ppls bring their dog for bathing also. Every weekend. WHY??? It is becuase they have no time or got alot of $$$$$ to burn??? Bathing dog is just a basic need to rear a dog. Sad I don't see the point why the owner want a dog even bathing their own dog also lazy!

I hope I did not offence anyone here. As I feel that owning dog the owner must involve in taking care the dog not just give them food and send them to grooming centre & paid the groomer to do the job to keep their dog tiptop condition. Grooming & bathing dog is one of the best thing you can do together with your dog to be better understand/bond between the owner & the dog.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2006, 2:41 AM

Post #9 of 12 (7022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think they juz probably feel proud when they tell others that their dog need a pro to bath them....

juz like my cousin who tell me she need to go to a saloon to wash her hair everyweek....is d same theory behind it...

i onli felt that pro grooming r required to dogs which r entering show....u invest d money to win...so there's a point...

Pacco de Mongrel

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 3, 2006, 6:34 PM

Post #10 of 12 (6826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] How often will u bring ur furkids to pet salon? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i could imagine how tiring it will be since u hv 5 silkies!!!! i got 2 doggies, oso i felt tired d....heheheh..

nevertheless, i prefer to bathe n groom them myself....but once every 2 mths, i will bring them to trim the coat lo (esp the face area)...will try to do watever i can at home...

i feel it's a fun part n they prefer it this way then going to a groomer....letting stranger touch all over their body not very good lehTongue

yup...totally agree...by bathing n grooming them ourselves, we will build a closer relationship with them...every nite, when i take out their comb, my girls will just run to me n sit on my lap n let me comb them...hehehehe...but of course, one by one la....not 2 at a time...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2007, 6:19 AM

Post #11 of 12 (6799 views)
Shortcut

well it depends for meUnsure

if my family go outstation, we send my dog for boarding.. then we ask the saloon people to groom him

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 2:35 PM

Post #12 of 12 (6775 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Agree what you say here. Usually lazy people bring dog to grooming centre. Sometime, I also do that. LOLBlush shame on me Blush I bring them for trimming hair only after grooming I bath them myself. Imagine, I need to groom 5 Silkies & bath 5 Silkies. Guess how long I it take away my time to do all 5 Silkies? Its damn TiringCrazy

OK come to grooming at petshop. Certain breed of dog do required pro groomer to do the job like poodle, Shih Tzu, ACS & etc to cut & trim the hair. Unless you know how to groom the dog yourself. As I know, alot of ppls have no patient to learn grooming themself. That OK. Just paid the groomer to do the job.

But, One thing I don't understand, some ppls bring their dog for bathing also. Every weekend. WHY??? It is becuase they have no time or got alot of $$$$$ to burn??? Bathing dog is just a basic need to rear a dog. Sad I don't see the point why the owner want a dog even bathing their own dog also lazy!

I hope I did not offence anyone here. As I feel that owning dog the owner must involve in taking care the dog not just give them food and send them to grooming centre & paid the groomer to do the job to keep their dog tiptop condition. Grooming & bathing dog is one of the best thing you can do together with your dog to be better understand/bond between the owner & the dog.

Hehe if you have a bathtub, you can 'do' them all at once? I have heard of people in Canada doing that to their yorkies. Bathing like 9 dogs at once in the bathtubCrazy

I used to bring my pup to the groomer once or twice to learn how to cut their nails and the groomer was actually quite willing to teach me. I do everything myself now from bathing, clipping fur nails, etc. I just use a human hair clipper and a man moustache clipper for places like butt etc. I save a lot of money doing it myself as human clipper are not very expensive and I do not need to make a trip just to go to the groomer during the winter. Two, there are lots of horror stories about groomers. Some are very rough with the dogs and I have heard crazy stories from groomers accidentaly chopping the ears, cut the legs, dogs died hanged by the noose of the grooming table because groomer walked out of the room while dog still tied to the noose and a bizarre one where groomer gave the wrong dog (it is a yorkie) to the wrong client and it died because the dog jumped out when the client went down to buy grocery because apparently his own dog 9actually belonging to his wife) doesn't jump out like that and he still didn't realize that wasn't his wife's dog. All these horror stories just discourages me. I probably will bring him in twice a year to have his ear hair trimmed off because he won't let me and I do not know how to do it.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my