Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP

SkyDog
New User

May 4, 2003, 3:14 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1155 views)
Shortcut
DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP Can't Post

My 9 Week old Retriever is eating her own poop... How do i stop this... is it true that if you put meat tenderizer in her food she will stop? Any advice????

loafer
Dog Kichi

May 9, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkyDog] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the best way to stop that from happening is to clean up right after your pet has done it's business. I have a 4 month old Jack Russell Terrier and he still eats his own poop once in a blue moon. It's normal and it happens to every dog out there. Don't be too alarmed by it. Even the training book I bought has a small section that warns new owner about this. Your pet will somehow stop doing it once they get older.

Join the JRT Zone

ginl
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 5:16 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmile Hi Loafer SmileSmile

Where are u frm? If you're frm KL or PJ, pls come and join our gathering at Kota Kemuning next Wed....I hv a 1.5 yrs old JRT...pls go to the event calender forum and check out the details of the biggest doggie bash ever CoolSly

loafer
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2003, 6:49 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ginl,

Heh I would love to but I'm currently studying in Australia. :/

Join the JRT Zone

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 8:04 AM

Post #5 of 12 (1114 views)
Shortcut

hey gina, Smile Smile

trying to save Biscuit from the DLL category ka? Laugh jjk

ginl
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loafer] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Loafer,

oohhh too bad Frown....wud hv loved to meet your JRT...is yours a male or female? Life for him/her must be very nice in oz yes? Smile

ginl
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah lor Tongue.....i was so happy when i saw another JRT LOL....oh well....never hurts to try Wink

drew
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 8:27 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1109 views)
Shortcut

wah ... gina dun worry la ... if i'm going i would be under the DLL group with you also ... wahahhahahhaaaa .. we both can be together ... kekekkeee Wink

ginl
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 8:33 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Not so fast Tongue...we still hv a grp...mou mou is still going....small but cozy little grp.

loafer
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2003, 11:28 PM

Post #10 of 12 (1101 views)
Shortcut

Mine's a male. In a way the life here in oz is good for him. Better climate over here compared to that of in KL. But I think the winter months here ain't going too good for him. His fur doesn't really protect him much from the cold, but I don't think that ever bothers him when he's out at the park chasing the insects. He does love crawling in between me and the quilt cover at night to sleep :)

Join the JRT Zone

drew
ALPHA

May 10, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #11 of 12 (1100 views)
Shortcut

darn ... gina how can u ditch me ???? u better help me go find either a peke or silky to go also ar ... hahhahaaa Frown

ymon
Novice

May 22, 2003, 9:40 PM

Post #12 of 12 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SkyDog] DOGGY EATING POOP..HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, mine is a female Rottweiler. she is almost 4 months old. She is not only eat but also play her poop too. I let her stay at the car porch. Try to clean up as soon as she did her business but at night, how?! Unsure So now trying to train her do it outside, walk her but her schedule is totally unpreditable. My hubby walked her for one hour, she didn't even pee! They said it is because the dog is short of some protein or what..not too worry about it. where did you keep her?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my