1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 7, 2006, 3:05 AM

Post #1 of 19 (2740 views)
Shortcut
1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST Can't Post

HAVE BRUNCH WITH YOUR DOG AND WIN!

Dog-lovers will have the opportunity to have brunch with their four-legged friends during the 1ST MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST on July 29, 2006, organised by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor.

The 1ST MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST aims to showcase dogs as a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle choice, and to promote responsible pet ownership. All proceeds will be channelled towards Klinik Kembiri, Malaysia’s only low-cost spay/neuter clinic.

This dog-friendly event is being held at Finnegan’s Irish Pub in Desa Sri Hartamas from 10:30 AM to 2 PM, and will feature a host of fun activities including a raffle draw, trivia and games. Brunch will consist of a hearty Irish breakfast spread including sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and free-flow coffee & tea. Prizes to be raffled are courtesy of The Westin, Awana Genting, Pets Wonderland, World of Feng Shui, The Atrium and Puppy.com.my.

Limited tickets are now available at the SPCA Centre in Ampang Jaya and Finnegan’s Pub in Desa Sri Hartamas. Admission is RM50 per human or unsterilised dog. Sterilised dogs enter for free. Guests who wish to spay/neuter their dogs will be entitled to a discounted rate at Klinik Kembiri.

Established in 2003, Klinik Kembiri is a project initiated by SPCA and DBKL. It is the world’s only low-cost spay/neuter clinic jointly run by an animal shelter and a municipality. This pioneer clinic, located in Setapak, provides safe and quick neutering services for dogs and cats, and is open daily. This project was created in the hopes of reducing the number of unwanted, abandoned and homeless animals in the country ny preventing unwanted pregnancies. To date, Klinik Kembiri has sterilised over 3,000 animals and successfully prevented an estimated 2.7 million births.

For more information, visit www.spca.org.my or call 03 4253 5179 /4256 5312.
Attachments: SPCA_bark-fast-WEBposter-5J.jpg (129 KB)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2006, 8:17 PM

Post #2 of 19 (2679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] 1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog is a spayed female.....but how to proof that she's spayed??

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2006, 8:31 PM

Post #3 of 19 (2675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] 1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll take your word for it - don't worry! Only male dogs cannot bluff-lah!

Chae Lian

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2006, 8:37 PM

Post #4 of 19 (2673 views)
Shortcut

since fertile dog also need to pay RM50......do they actually hv food for dogs oso....tat worth RM50??

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2006, 9:26 PM

Post #5 of 19 (2667 views)
Shortcut

The problem of pet overpopulation stems from too many unsterilised dogs and cats so the the RM50 admission charge for unsterilised dogs is there to encourage spay/neuter, i.e. sterilised dogs come FREE! So, there won't be any special food for dogs and in fact, we will not allow dogs to be fed (except in isolation) during the event to avoid potential aggressive behaviour.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2006, 3:25 AM

Post #6 of 19 (2651 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

A Human & a dog entry fees is RM50only?

What if I bring all my dogs there example 5 dogs & 2 human wat is the charge like???

Thank you in advance

Chris

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2006, 3:48 AM

Post #7 of 19 (2648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris!

5 spayed/neutered dogs + 2 humans = RM100

Chae Lian

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2006, 5:33 AM

Post #8 of 19 (2642 views)
Shortcut

5 dogs (1dog spayed) + 2 human = RM???

ThankWink

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2006, 2:03 AM

Post #9 of 19 (2624 views)
Shortcut

I have the feelings that i will feed the bacon for my dog if i go.

Laugh
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2006, 3:11 AM

Post #10 of 19 (2622 views)
Shortcut

1 spayed + 4 un-spayed + 2 humans = RM300.

Don't forget that all your contributions are tax-deductible as SPCA is a charity!

Chae Lian

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2006, 4:59 AM

Post #11 of 19 (2617 views)
Shortcut

That mean entry fees are as below:-

Spayed dog : F.O.C.

Unspayed per dog : RM50

1 adult human : RM50

Thanks chaelianCool

Kookee
Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2006, 6:58 AM

Post #12 of 19 (2608 views)
Shortcut

You seriously thinking of bringing all your dogs? I just wonder how many furkiddies and human can fit into that cramp pub? They have food for furkiddies as well? If we go, we would have to bring our own food coz Kookee is on holistic and Reyyee....welllll....Reyyee would have thought that she dies and goes to heaven, meat heaven, that is...hahah!

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2006, 4:37 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kookee] 1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean human and dog will need to fit inside the pub???

I thought they going to put up a tent outside the pub something like that. If inside the pub thats cramp lerUnsure

Maybe see how first. Like that I might not bring them all.Unsure

Kookee
Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2006, 5:23 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2595 views)
Shortcut

Tent??? Ohhh....they are erecting a tent outside...fair enough, fair enough! But got space meh? If I'm not mistaken, there's a small patch of land, very very small, adjacent the pub. And if my memory doesn't fail me, the patch serves as divider for roadside parking lot. Well, the more the merrier, Bro Ong, the more the merrier......

**Yogi Puiga-Yoga**

estkit
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2006, 8:56 PM

Post #15 of 19 (2557 views)
Shortcut

Sorry ya...may i know y spayed dog is free n unspayed ll b charged as human rm50??????

unspayed dog more value ka?

Frown esther_mocha Frown

www.dogster.com/?288042

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 17, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #16 of 19 (2531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] 1st MALAYSIAN BARK-FAST [In reply to] Can't Post

there is no food 4 dogs....

n i must said our dog will be begging for food n give us the innocent look throughout d session,.....

wat a stressful day for them....

Pacco de Mongrel

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 5:28 AM

Post #17 of 19 (2524 views)
Shortcut

No food for dog wan???

Then why paying for RM50 per entry for a dog also???

Example RM100 for 1 Human & a dog. Very expensive ler!!! Hope the organizer can lower down the entry fee so more doggie owners & dogs will attend the function.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 5:33 PM

Post #18 of 19 (2520 views)
Shortcut

i heard tat d organizer said that they r actually encouraging sterile dog 2 go onli.....

but if bring pacco go....she'll definately focusing on my food onli....

Pacco de Mongrel

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2006, 7:27 AM

Post #19 of 19 (2491 views)
Shortcut

Just to clarify, although the Bark-Fast is a social event, its primary aims are to raise funds for Klinik Kembiri, the low-cost spay-neuter clinic run by SPCA & DBKL as well as raise awareness of the importance of spaying and neutering. Although we welcome all well-behaved dogs, we feel that allowing free admission only for sterilised dogs is an important gesture to recognise and reward owners who've made the effort in ensuring that their pets do not contribute to the growing problem of pet-overpopulation.

We hope that Puppy.com.my members will support our work. Look forward to meeting everyone next Saturday!

Chae Lian

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my