Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2007, 9:36 PM

Post #26 of 46 (11470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [L1yng] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Spray about 10 spot on the dog body part (medium size) depending on the size of the dog.

Wear a hand grove and rub the medication thru out the dog whole body and then allow it to dry.

Once it completly dry up. Don't bath your dog min 3 days. Try use a comb or brush to untangle your dog hair. You will notice your dog hair are very dry up and break easy. Its very bad to your dog hair, try not to use frontline spray unless your dog have serious tick/flea problem.

L1yng
Novice

Jul 7, 2007, 8:40 AM

Post #27 of 46 (11459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot. I tried last week and i think he must be very sensitive to it coz his skin all red the next day. Unsure

juanna90
Novice

Nov 20, 2007, 10:39 PM

Post #28 of 46 (11343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [L1yng] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi... I have a chihuahua and her body got fleas and wondering to get her frontline spray...

And can I know how much it'll cost?

And how many times I have to spray it on her to get rid the fleas forever?

Thank you guys...

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Dec 31, 2007, 9:56 PM

Post #29 of 46 (11215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Chris,

my 10 weeks old puppy seriously infected by flea/tick. i keep in door all the time, just regularly free him at car porch, let him pee and poo. my house do not have any other dog, but neighbours nearby a lot of them keeping dogs. really shock because per day i try to catch and remove the flea/tick from his body 2 times (2 times per day), and each time at least i can get more than 20s...Mad

i just bought 'bayticol' yday from a pet shop, and guess wat, the 2 staffs there telling me different thing, a staff asked me to mix with some water with 0.5ml bayticol, and another asking me to mix with 7ml, such a big difference, i duno who to listen to coz i never use bayticol on my current puppy or my previous dogs. bcoz they sell quite reasonable price compare other shop, so i just bought it, and hope someone here can give me some direction on how many ml should i mix with water.Unsure

and 1 more thing, should i use the bayticol on my 10 weeks old+ puppy? vet said must wait till 15 weeks old, but pet shop feller said anytime can use, so which should i follow? coz my puppy seriously infected.

thousand thanks.Unimpressed

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 1, 2008, 9:13 AM

Post #30 of 46 (11206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel_wong99] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think your puppy infected with Fleas. Cause you can't really see & catch using your hand. It is so small & jump so fast.

Tick you can catch it. Usually Tick will stick on your puppy skin sucking your puppy blood. Just catch and smack that fellow.

Due to your puppy still young. I will not recommend you using any toxic medication on your puppy.

What you can do to kill all of them.

If it is Flea, you need a waterbase mosquito spray. Spray your whole house. Especially your puppy sleeping area, corner area, sofa, bed & etcs. At the same time bath your puppy as usual. Cause Fleas will drown in water. After bath make sure you clean up your pup ears using ear drop. Usually when bathing Fleas tend to jump & hide in safe place that will be inside your pup ears.

As for Tick. You no need use any medicated shampoo or frontline. Just run thru your pup skin one section at a time & catch all the tick & kill it. You can use the bayticol spray it onto your house grass but remember don't let you pup near those grass after you spray the bayticol.

Finally, once you solve your problem try avoid those medicated shampoo or even those spray type killing fleas/ticks. Cause the more you use onto your dog it will cause your dog skin & hair to dry up & break.

The best way to prevent any ticks/fleas is make sure your dog are clean & dry all the time. Groom your dog daily. Ticks/Fleas don't like clean dog. All my dogs don't have a single ticks/fleas on them & I do bring them out for daily walk in the field & mix with other dogs.

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 2, 2008, 6:17 PM

Post #31 of 46 (11170 views)
Shortcut

oops, i misunderstand, its tick which can be seen actually. really headache, everyday i can catch a big amount of ticks from his body..Mad

so envy ur silkies no tick at all, how can i maintain his body to be clean all the times? now i bath him once a week, and catch the ticks everyday, wipe his paws and muzzle after every meal, just regularly free him at car porch for pee and poo, once after pee and poo will back inside living room edi, but 2 or 3 days after bath oledi got smell....Crazy

if i use the bayticol to clean his area, cage, and car porch will do rite since u dun recommend me to use on my puppy?

actually im thinking of using the bayticol to wash his paws only for the moment....will that be ok??Shocked

(This post was edited by daniel_wong99 on Jan 2, 2008, 6:18 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #32 of 46 (11144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel_wong99] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

May I know where did you keep your dog?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 3, 2008, 8:59 PM

Post #33 of 46 (11138 views)
Shortcut

Since your area has ticks i think you should spray your area with the bayticol. Think you should follow the instructions on the manual. Usually bout 2-3 caps to a litre of water then spray on a sunny day. Leave it for 3 hours before letting your pup out. Repeat in 2 weeks time and also everytime you see ticks.

Frontline spray is actually ok for pups but dun spray too much just enough to cover the whole body. The pups i rescue mostly has ticks and frontline is my option. They're mostly bout 6 weeks old onwards only.

They sure smelly wan cos they play too much.. haha.. Same like the one wt me. Play with others so much whole body full of saliva then so smelly..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 4, 2008, 1:57 AM

Post #34 of 46 (11120 views)
Shortcut

i keep my dog in my house, normally will free him walk thru the whole house, and when pee or poo let him settle at car porch, then when sleep put inside cage.

i never ever let him walk out of house compound, even when go to vet clinic oso never let him walk by his own, just carry him on arms.

i think mostly the tick comes from dogs of neighbours nearby.Pirate

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 4, 2008, 2:03 AM

Post #35 of 46 (11119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, i think so too, since my area got ticks a lot, i think i'll mix with water and spray the car porch area and use to wash the cage then.Frown

wow, 6 weeks old puppy start using frontline, guess u must be very careful when spray rite? u put collar for them after spray?

haha, i guess my pup more better, since no other pups/dogs playing with him, so no saliva on his body...hehe...but really hope to get my pup a playmate(another pup) to accompany him...hahhahaTongue

so u'll have the white feller with u till when??Shocked i guess u might fall in love with this breed edi rite?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 2:48 AM

Post #36 of 46 (11116 views)
Shortcut

I do have my own dogs. I have 1 mix spitz mongrel aged 12+ years staying with me. One mix terrier and schnauzer and dunno what breed in my hometown for OB training. Another medium terrier also in my hometown staying with my mum. All my dogs I find from the roadside or in dustbin except for the medium terrier which was a present for me.

I love this fella cos of the colour muahaha.. so racist hor.. Anyway the fella will be going off soon. He's treated like my own dog. He goes for car rides with me also. I will always love big dogs.. haha.. And most of all my favourite is APBT Smile

When I use the spray I will make sure it doesn't get into the ears n eyes. Also must wear gloves. Sometimes i get my vet to do it. I dun put on collar at this early age. Reading the instructions is always good. I will use Kiltix anti tick collar.

It's best you dun get one yet as it will be very tedious for you to train 2 at the same time. Esp if you plan to get another terrier you sure pengsan first. haha.. Maybe you can consider adopting a dog. Smile

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 4, 2008, 6:30 PM

Post #37 of 46 (11105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Can 2 months old puppy wear anti-tick/fleas collar? [In reply to] Can't Post

wow, sounds like quite a lot of dogs u r keeping huh. haha, not racist la, but if this breed's coat really white, it looks really nice, bright and white.Laugh but unluckily mine not white enuf so far, might get whitening shampoo for him soon.

u r so kind hearted, u serious some u found inside dustbin?? so pity the puppy, if i saw a person by road side dump a puppy into dustbin or beat the puppy, sure i'll whack him. Mad

oh, i still havent start using the bayticol yet....will try this coming 1 or 2 weeks, i worry he go and lick his body b4 i dried up his coat.

ya, im just dreaming actually, dare not to keep another pup, 1 pup oledi can make me faint.Blush

if im not mistaken, u r girl rite? so cool u like pit bull...haha, i like also, but i still prefer giant size dog, coz i no need to bend down when play with him...haha....im so lazy huh...coz my current little feller really make me exhausted...i need to squard down whenever i stop him from biting....tired ler~Pirate

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2008, 7:54 PM

Post #38 of 46 (11099 views)
Shortcut

Ya if i not wrong you need to get whitening shampoo. D smell quite strong so dun think they will lick it. Anyway u dry him first then onli u put the solution cos spray very small drops shud dry quite fast..

And yes i am a girl.. i grew up with a lot of APBT so i love them a lot. ALso has a great dane and doberman when i grew up. You shud have at least get a medium breed. haha..

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2008, 5:41 PM

Post #39 of 46 (11067 views)
Shortcut

ya, my puppy definately need whitening shampoo, bacause his coat is getting more and more yellowishUnsure

But i bought bayticol, so its not spray type, erm....for me bayticol quite easy to use, coz just rinse with bayticol mixed with water after bath, then just dry him up will do. but luckily this few days after my hardwork in killing all the ticks since the past 2 weeks, now i can only found maybe 3 or 4 ticks on his skin everyday, good huh, b4 that i can easily get more than 20 ticks on his skin everyday.

wow, so cool, grew up with those 'super' dog, im a doberman fans too..Blush is doberman a very good guard dog, and is it as stubborn as rottie?

hehe, b4 i keep this little feller, i was keeping a boxer, even boxer categorised in large breed but i still think boxer quite small in size actually

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 5, 2008, 6:11 PM

Post #40 of 46 (11063 views)
Shortcut

Haha, bayticol no spray type wan if i not wrong. i put inside a spray then can spray liao lo..haha..

I hardly remember my doberman and great dane cos i was like a few years old. i remember great dane quite obedient cos my dad will ask him go in the cage he will just go in and won't come out even if you never close the door. I also sit on him like a horse.

Doberman i know is good with us children. Dun think he's stubborn. Cannot remember much. All the dogs are actually kept by my dad n uncle all also guard dogs. Pitbulls the best la. My mum scold me they get angry like wan kill her. lucky they're tied up..

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 7, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #41 of 46 (10998 views)
Shortcut

hahhah....good idea huh....not sure, but all the pet shop i visited only selling bayticol which is not spray type, not really sure got spray type or not...but after ur modofication, it can be spray type...Laugh

wow, what a good dane, haha, always hoping to get a such obedient dane in future. haha, i know quite a lot of kids like to sit on top of dane, treating him as a horse....haha.Tongue

pitbull the best??Crazy since u said when the pitbulls angry they like wanna killing, still the best??Pirate hehe, scary ler...i like pitbull but i wont keep 1 in future, coz quite a big challenge for me, his looks oledi telling me how fierce he is.Unimpressed

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 7, 2008, 6:25 PM

Post #42 of 46 (10993 views)
Shortcut

this is called undying loyalty imagine someone who wanna rob you then your pitbull appear... Like hero/superman fly out and catch them..hahaha..

Not only pitbull le.. rottweiller also fierce wat. Siberian husky with blue eyes look like demon also..

Next time if i keep one then you come visit it la.. They wun attack unless provoked or trained to do so only la..

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 8, 2008, 2:04 AM

Post #43 of 46 (10975 views)
Shortcut

haha, true also, pitbull i read some description about the breed, they r ready to die for master anytime...wow...sounds very cool. But this breed have been banned in malaysia rite? if walking a pitbull in public area, when meet the DBKL team, will they catch the pitbull even if the pitbull was leashed and hold by his master?Shocked

yea, rottweiler also quite protective, hehe, like a tough warrior.Laugh

wow sure, if u really keep pitbull, or maybe pitbulls, i wish to pay ur doggy(ies) a visit...but make sure they r leashed ya..

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 9, 2008, 12:34 AM

Post #44 of 46 (10935 views)
Shortcut

No le.. It is banned from being imported only.. You can still breed/keep them locally. If you ask Kevin Chuan who keeps 5 pits in his house then he will tell you they are not human aggressive. Only a few of them will attack another animals. I have visited him and his dogs they are totally friendly when the master brings his friends. But not when a stranger trespasses.. All dogs by nature behave like that also.. Smile

daniel_wong99
Dog Kichi

Jan 14, 2008, 11:29 PM

Post #45 of 46 (10766 views)
Shortcut

banned from import, so that means all pit bulls in malaysia was local breed? so is it possible to MKA registered the pitbull puppies?

wow,sounds cool huh, now only i know we can keep banned dogBlush shame shame....i thought banned in terms of import & keeping/breeding.

haha, i watched few pitbulls attack tresspassers short movie...damn scary, but i like it...hehe...so protective. so since i have a fluffy feller edi, if in future i keep 1 more pitbull...is it ok?? i mean pit bull with my fluffy feller..coz im thinking of keeping another dog maybe after this fluffy boy grown up.Laugh

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 15, 2008, 12:56 AM

Post #46 of 46 (10754 views)
Shortcut

Dunno y only pitbulls cannot get MKA cert, other banned breeds can get.. When you are ready to get another dog, and if you are considering a pitbull then you let me know la. I will know who to refer you to..

Pitbulls fight becos they are trained to. Yes they do have the instinct to fight but I believe it is only so when challenged. If start from puppy and you train the dog well I dun think it will attack your pup. It is best to visit the pitbull threads and ask the sifus there..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my