Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
how 2 make my dog stop makin noise??

josephinegys
Novice

Jul 3, 2006, 2:21 AM

Post #1 of 13 (2641 views)
Shortcut
how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? Can't Post

hello..good day every1..i hv a poodle n he's currenly 1yr+..da prob i hv with him is not barkin but screaming..he tend 2 scream whenever we goin out n left him at home..whether we put him in his cage or not he stil will scream..n it's reli loud n continous..i've tried ask him 2 quiet but it dun seems 2 work..wat shud i do 2 stop him fr makin noise?10s alot..reli appreciate!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 7:38 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephinegys] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

seems like ur dog got separation anxiety problem....

train her to accustom to being alone by isolating her inside a room.....initially lock her in for a 1 or 2 min n c if how's her reaction.....if its ok....then slower increase d duration....

try going in and out of the house repeatly while she's observing u..... during d 1st attempt, she might tot u will b going out n start screaming.... then u walk in back again ignoring her.....n repeatedly in and out of d house.....then she'll lost d interest of screaming....coz she know u will not be out for long....

give her some interesting toys to play wit when u left her alone....

n try bringing her out for a walk b4 departuring.....so tat she'll get tired n sleep later....

some dogs afraid being all alone.....u can try to switch on d radio or tv to accompany her....

tis r a few option for u to try out...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jul 18, 2006, 7:40 PM)

amber_mae

Aug 14, 2006, 6:22 AM

Post #3 of 13 (2571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephinegys] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm...I don't think locking it in a room will be a good option! Try getting it a new comapnion. Another poodle maybe to accompany it.

The reason why she screams is becoz she's lonely-she just wants to be with you all the time. Maybe you're the only owner? She's got nobody else to play with or to be with. try getting her a new friend. That's the only way to solve this prob. Believe me there's no other way. locking her, switching on tv(The tv's not you)-it's just a 'NO'.

You have children or wife or sumbody n the house? A maid maybe? At least there's sumone around with her, she'll be fine.

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2006, 11:39 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephinegys, amber_mae] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

i dun think wasting money to buy another dog is any good either....

many ppl oso face tis kind of prob....but buying urself another dog will merely juz create more prob....

dog can adjust themselve to diff environment easily....they'll learn to get use to it....

making noise is juz a normal behavioural prob.....u as d owner had to overcome it,....n not avoiding it, by getting a companion...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

amber_mae

Aug 16, 2006, 12:52 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I's either way...Your way or my way. Just try it out, try Amanda's methos first, it'll take a few weeks or maybe months to overcome it. But if you see no improvement, then there's no other choice I guess! Maybe considering having children leh??? That's another way to keep your dog occupied and not left alone to cry...

Remember that...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2006, 12:59 AM

Post #6 of 13 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amber_mae] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

is juz like small kids crying when they kenot c their mummy....

but they won't cry forever, rite??

after they grow up n b mature or get use to d routine...they'll settle down...

Pacco de Mongrel

amber_mae

Aug 17, 2006, 9:56 PM

Post #7 of 13 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya lah, actually they'll get over it soon. But may I ask, how long you leave her alone in the house everyday? Hope you're not working all day round and only see her for a few hours. Poor thing, she prob feels abandoned from sumone she loves very much. It was like me before when i was left at Tadika, my mom only picked us up by 10 or 11pm. Ofcourse I felt left out and almost cried everyday non-stop. I was always the last to go home.

Remember, she's you new dog. You're her new mommy or daddy. You should be with her at least most of the time. Spent time with her...After afew months, she'll get over it.

Remember that...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2006, 12:54 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2549 views)
Shortcut

hi,

how's ur dog now? getting any better? if not, here's my piece of mind...

well...i hv to say that getting a new companion now might not help...coz from my own exp, i hv 2 puppies now...and they fight each time i put them together...so if u hv another dog now, ur current poodle perhaps will stop screaming, but he might fight with ur new dog whole day long until u r back!!!! and u might face the risk of having them both injured while wrestling...oh yeah, and FYI, poodle can b quite easily jealous too...so he might think that u don love him anymore...

and if u lock both of them up, then i guess both will bark/scream which will only make matters worst.

so if u really going for another dog to accompany ur poodle, you must make sure that u hv enough time to spend with them. but if u can spend time, it will b better to spend time with one dog now until he is used to u and ur routine, before getting another one (if u really want to)

not dat i am against 2 dogs...in fact, beside the fact that they r fighting, they r cute and sometimes will b nice to each other (although only for a very short while Unsure)

but i guess if u wan to solve the problem, mayb you should get him to accustom to your routine...poodle is very smart..he will soon learn about ur routine and realizes that it is no use to scream or shout when u r goin to work...

my poodle knows each morning when i am getting ready to work..she will juz sit at a corner looking at me sadly. (of course, this only makes me feel like staying back home juz to b with herWink)

try to ignore him each time he screams or bark....and when he stops, quickly praise him..soon he will know that screaming and barking will not get him anything...if u ask him not to bark, this means u r actually giving him the attention he wanted...so just ignore him totally...turn away and do ur stuff as if he is not there...

anyway....i guess it is really your call on what to do to solve ur problem...hope this helps!!!

ALL THE BEST!!!

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wan
K9 Maniac

Aug 18, 2006, 2:31 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes totally 100% agreed with what you said Jesicca...

The dog need to suffer a little while soon, they'll get the msg.

Surprisingly my dog is really ok and didnt give me problem at all except for 1st 2 nights crying when I left him at his crate. Probably bcos he was still very baby when he came in just about 6 weeks old. Since first day I got him he's so use to us leaving him behind for work from 7.45 to 7pm. No choice we need to work.

So at times, I really think the younger the puppy the easier to be trained and more adaptable.

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

AngelicPirate I have the same problem.

I just got my new Puppy. He cries Most of d time 2 gain attention. i had 2 sleep outside the hall with it. Im worried this would be a habit. I just read the suggestions given and i would love 2 try them out. hopefully my lovely, King Boy would stop crying and be a goodie doggie which i know he is...

Angelic

irene_yin2
Dog Kichi

Nov 14, 2006, 5:54 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2396 views)
Shortcut

my puppy aso have the same problem for the first few days when i put him into the cage....

so i went online to search all details needed to rear a puppy.... cos this is the 1st time i rear a puppy...

and i found on 1 website...... talk about puppy crying n whining....

it said after u put the puppy in a cage.... whenever it cry....IGNORE HIM COMPLETELY.....

cos when he cry... u go see him.... he will think that everytime i cry... my owner will give me attention.... n he will do it again n again....

so after the the 1st day.... i ignore him completely..... even thought... everytime he cry... my heart pain... but a owner have to b firm... so that what i do.... after that..... the days after.... even these few days( only the 4th day).. he only cry for a little while then he stop.... n everyday he is getting better....

u can go online to serach some guidelines ..... as what i did....

now i m thinking of training him..... i m getting all the information i need from intenet...... internet is the best source for all the information for everything....

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Dec 20, 2006, 8:05 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, i think poodle get jealous easily, maybe more so if the other dog is also a poodle. Coz once i sent my pup for grooming n she saw me petting another poodle. After that, when i wanna let her make frens with that poodle, she growl at it. Very possessive ah...my Coffee.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 21, 2006, 12:08 AM

Post #13 of 13 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wibbly] how 2 make my dog stop makin noise?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah..i agree...

once i bring sasha for grooming..so hv to crate her first lo until her turn to be groomed...then after i crated her...i saw a few cute puppies there..so i patted them lo...she ended up growling...aiyoyo...

even now with sze ern (shih tzu) at home..she also like dat...she will play with her la...but then hor..if her mood no good...she really bully sze ern lo...once she chase her into the toilet and don let her out...ended up my sis has to go n rescue sze ern..if not sze ern don dare to even make a move! but still sze ern love to play with her...can see that if we bring one of them out...when come home, both will greet and play with each other like nvr seen for agesWink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my