Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE??

ivanyee
Novice

Jun 29, 2006, 8:39 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1213 views)
Shortcut
IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? Can't Post

I looking for a MINIATURE SCHNAUZER now....Anyone can tell me bout Miniature Schnauzer is it hard to care??Unsure Coz i wanna buy a MINIACTURE SCHNAUZER soon(If the breeder no selling it)...It is Female & 2months old...Can anyone giv me a opinion....breed schnauzer or poodle ???thx u all very much...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 30, 2006, 8:41 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanyee] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't say hard to take care.... all dogs have similar basic care.... you working? If you working and no one at home, harder to train a puppy. You need a lot of time when you want to get a puppy. Some people think puppies and dogs cute, but already but then realise no time to groom, play and train them and end up reselling the puppy.

Also. miniature schnauzer have sensitive skin... prone to get dandruff and rashes... can also have food allergies. And you need to bring them go grooming every 2 months.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

kegy
Novice

Jul 17, 2006, 6:26 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont worry..my princess been with me for 2 year plus.. no prob at all...

Grooming ? you can groom it every 6 month by pro..the rest..better DIY. it creates you bond with your dog.

Skin/Rashes ? Dont give high protein food will do. She never had this prob at all.

MS is definately a good toy dog...

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 17, 2006, 7:54 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kegy] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

THX FOR UR OPINION...MY MS ALL THINGS IS DOING GOOD BUT JUST THE PEE/POO PROBLEM MAKE ME HEADACHE COZ SHE PEE/POO EVERYWAY & SHE IS TOO LIKE TO BITE THE NEWSPAPER......CAN U GIV ME OTHERS OF NEWSPAPER OPINION TO TRAIN MY "BEBE" PEE/POO INSIDE MY TOILET??THX U....

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 7:16 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanyee] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah......paper is a great mess....n u have 2 keep on changing it.....i choose to let my dog do it in d garden instead...

d best n most effective way is to fully supervise ur puppy.....whenever u realize he's going 2 do it....quickly bring him 2 d place tat u wanted....

if u cannot spent most of d time 2 supervising him.....try crate training then...buy a crate for him or juz fence him up using a pen..... puppy will choose not to pee or poo in their crate/pen....but ofcoz they couldn't hold for long.....so u must bring him out every 3 hour or so..... bring him directly to d toilet....until he's quite reliable wit tis routine......u can minimize crating him up.....

after a trip back home or after a morning walk.....or even b4 sleep..... put him inside d toilet.....wait until he had pee/poo then onli realease him out....

to be safe.....should crate him up if no one if free 2 supervise him....tis is to prevent accidents happening....n tis will make ur toilet training difficult.....puppy tends to go back 2 d place where they did it b4.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jul 18, 2006, 7:17 PM)

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jul 23, 2006, 8:07 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1121 views)
Shortcut

U might want to try training pads... it works for my pup. U can get from Jaya Jusco supermarket at the Japanese section... 100 pcs for RM 49.90. Pet shops are also selling them... 10 pcs for Rm15. ( this is a bigger piece.)

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 24, 2006, 7:33 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

what use for the pads???i live in kuantan...here no jaya jusco but i will go to pet shop to ask for that but is it work for puppy?? how to use it???thx u

moses
Novice

Sep 22, 2006, 2:01 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1057 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i have a 2year old MS and she is a pleasure. generally they are very intelligent dogs but tend to be fiesty, hyper and can be barky cos they are good watchdogs. this means they are alert to sounds and strangers and will bark (their way of communicating with you). quite easy to house train, mine does on paper, so that's easy. but you would have to start training when you bring the puppy home. grooming can be about every two months, if you are not particular. i groom mine every 6 weeks or so cos i find she gets hot and tends to scratch when her hair grows.

generally good health but with skin problem, they get what they call schaunzer bumps and it's hereditary with the breed. it's not a big problem, rarely become serious.

if well trained, can be a pleasure to have as companion. mine can tell me when she wants to drink, eat, pee and poo!

hope you find this hopeful.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 22, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moses] IS IT MINIATURE SCHNAUZER HARD TO TAKE CARE?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually you need to groom the schnauzer every day or every other day, to prevent mats from forming.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my