Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
2nd dog troubles

tzewyn
New User

Jun 12, 2006, 7:52 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1089 views)
Shortcut
2nd dog troubles Can't Post

hi everyone ...i'm new to this forum...anyways i just wanted to know wat should i be expecting in the hopefuly near future..

i have a 2yr old male miniature schnauzer and i'm currently planning on buying a siberian husky puppy soon. but the thing is i'm

afraid my schnauzer wouldnt get use to the idea of a new puppy being around....how do i get around this problem...also as i m

currently working both dogs would be locked up separately till 5.15pm then they'll be let out ... i was told the siberian husky cant

be locked up too long...does this mean it cant be locked up at all?? any form of advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2006, 4:26 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tzewyn] 2nd dog troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

Its better not to lock up your dog. Let it run freely inside the house. This you need to house train them to pee/poo in newspaper.

tzewyn
New User

Jun 12, 2006, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 2nd dog troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

well my schnauzer is used to staying in the cage the whole time but i'll keep the husky indoors

when its a puppy but once its 1-2 yrs of age, will probably build him a nice looking compound and dog

house at my back yard....but i dont think i can let it run around freely as i live in a non-gated

community...so i can only let it out when i come home from work...sigh.....i REALLY want a husky but

it seems a little impossible at this stage ....Unsure

netty
Dog Kichi

Jun 15, 2006, 3:30 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1060 views)
Shortcut

why do you want to have a Husky?

do you know where these dogs are comming from, and what they do?

they are working dogs, they walk in snow, for daysssssssss

and you want to lock up your dog?

don't you like your neighboor?

he will start barking for days

tzewyn
New User

Jun 17, 2006, 12:47 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [netty] 2nd dog troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

well renovations are commencing soon as i will have a nice compound and swimming pool for my husky Wink....the pools there already but the fencing of my backyard will begin soon....so i guess that wont be a problem...as for my neighbour?? nope couldnt care about them ... so my husky can BARK away muahaha

but i'll only buy the husky when the picket fences are up and runnin....i'm just afraid the heat will get

him though ....a pet shop in ss2 told me the average lifespan of a husky is 7 human yrs cuz the immense

heat shortens their lifespan....Mad any truth in that??

kegy
Novice

Jul 17, 2006, 6:40 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1001 views)
Shortcut

As far as i know..Husky need to be in cooler temperature and not normal Malaysia temp..Advise to place inside the house with air cond. However it still depends the breed is local or outside.. cause it may help to see wether it will have the heat prob or not...

Love Huskey but...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 7:21 PM

Post #7 of 8 (992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tzewyn, netty] 2nd dog troubles [In reply to] Can't Post

many ppl like husky....a fren of mine oso desperate for 1.... but i must said tat they really suffer in d hot weather of m'sia....

i even remember ppl bringing their husky to d sunny K9 Day.....even my dad who is uneducated claim tat they r crazy! n d dog definately don't look happy @ al. they r panting so heavily....

husky require lotsa exercise....some promise 2 bring them for walk.....but walk is not enuf....they need a long jog....n can they tolerate jogging in d summer??

nonetheless....due 2 their handsome outlook....every1 oso wish 2 own one.....i still remember i keep setting a husky photo as my wallpaper when i was 15.....wishing tat i could hv 1 in future.....but now....i'm a mature 21....i've changed my mind...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Jul 18, 2006, 7:25 PM)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2007, 6:28 AM

Post #8 of 8 (896 views)
Shortcut

tzewyn..

i don tink ur MS will be happy about the coming of a new doggie, sommore a husky is a lot bigger than ur MS.

first few weeks might be fighting. So u might wanna watch upon tat.

Since husky will be getting a cooler place as suggested by some of the members, it might get ur MS even more jealous

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my