Hello there all dog lovers!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 8, 2006, 4:18 PM

Post #1 of 47 (990 views)
Shortcut
Hello there all dog lovers! Can't Post

Hi, was browsing thru the net and found this site. Kinda new with this. Used to have dogs but since they all 'went to heaven' and I moved into an apartment, I can't rear dogs anymore. I really really really do miss having them around. Maybe some of you will be kind enough to let me spend some time with your dogs ya Blush.....

Well, dunno what I should be posting here.. will keep myself updated and hope to get involved Wink ... Have a nice day ahead!!

(This post was edited by guenhwyvar on Jun 8, 2006, 4:18 PM)

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2006, 6:27 PM

Post #2 of 47 (980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guenhwyvar] Hello there all dog lovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello guen, are you kl/pj people?
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 8, 2006, 6:46 PM

Post #3 of 47 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] Hello there all dog lovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup... staying in PJ at the moment Sly

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2006, 7:58 PM

Post #4 of 47 (972 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi, was browsing thru the net and found this site. Kinda new with this. Used to have dogs but since they all 'went to heaven' and I moved into an apartment, I can't rear dogs anymore. I really really really do miss having them around. Maybe some of you will be kind enough to let me spend some time with your dogs ya Blush.....

Well, dunno what I should be posting here.. will keep myself updated and hope to get involved Wink ... Have a nice day ahead!!

Hi guen,

sorry to hear you can't have dogs in your apartment. that's the problem with strata living Mad

maybe you would like to spend some time with the dogs at spca or paws, (besides any of those here) i'm sure they will welcome some companion Smile

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2006, 3:57 PM

Post #5 of 47 (953 views)
Shortcut

Dear guenhwyvar,

Welcome! What breed of dogs did you own the last time? I am sure you can curi-curi rear a dog in your apartment. Just make sure you get a quiet one. I once stayed in a low-cost apartment in Selayang. There was a family who owned a spitz. And our area was predominantly a Malay area. The family had no problem with the management or the Malays. The owner even walked her dog. But she did it early in the morning before everyone wakes up. And she made it a habit to pick up the shit. Having your own dog is so different from spending time with someone else's dog. However, if all else fail for you to own a dog, you can visit SPCA or PAWS and play with the puppies or dogs there. They are so lonesome.

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 9, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #6 of 47 (948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] Hello there all dog lovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah .. been thinking about doing that .. but spca is abit too far for me .. and i am really dumb when it comes to KL roads Unsure. Might check out paws. Do they let me go in just to play with the dog?

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 9, 2006, 6:55 PM

Post #7 of 47 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hoyf] Hello there all dog lovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Used to have all BIG breeds. Dont think i can CURI or HIDE them in anyway ... Used to have a Neapolitan Mastiff, A German Shepherd and also a white Shepherd and a Labrador. Moreover, I think keeping a dog inside an apartment is not so suitable ... not enuf space for the dog to move around ...

Yeah .. I know ... having my own is definitely the best and i really really really do miss spending time with dogs. Even watching dogs on movies make me soooo GERAM.

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #8 of 47 (941 views)
Shortcut

Dear guenhwyar,

Wow! You owned big dogs. So it is not practical to stuff them into an apartment!

Movies? I too love to watch movies about dogs. I collect good VCDs about dogs. Have you watched "Because of Winn Dixie"? It's a very uplifiting story about a dog and his owner. I recommend that you watch it. Better than "Eight Below".

Of course you can go play with the dogs at PAWS. When I was at PAWS one day, I met an Indian man who drives a delivery van. It was lunch hour and he told me whenever he passes by PAWS during his free time, he will stop to play with the dogs. The dogs were so excited to see him. When he went into the enclosure that houses many adult dogs, those dogs practically jumped around him. Each wanted him to stroke it. His T-shirt and pants were all fur and paw prints when he got out after playing with them. They were so fond of him. His love for dogs were unconditional. Then he played catch-and-fetch with a few other dogs loitering outside the enclosure. He told me how his faithful dog had starved himself to death because it refused to stay at PAWS. This man had to house his dog at PAWS when he had to move from a squatter to a flat which disallowed rearing of dogs. He visited his dog everyday trying to coax him to eat but the dog refused. He had tears when he related the story of his dog. Because of his dog which died of a broken heart, this man has refrained from eating rice in memory of his dog. He only takes noodles, kuih teow, bread or capati, no rice. So sad.

So please go to PAWS to be with the dogs. The puppies are housed in kennels near to the office.

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2006, 8:00 PM

Post #9 of 47 (939 views)
Shortcut

Hi Guen,

Like what hoyf said, you can. If you are staying in PJ, PAWS would be nearer for you.

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2006, 8:07 PM

Post #10 of 47 (936 views)
Shortcut

Hi hoyf, that was such a sad story about the Indian man...Do you visit PAWS as well?

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2006, 8:17 PM

Post #11 of 47 (933 views)
Shortcut

Hi Irenec,

I used to visit PAWS. I didn't help out then. I only went to the back portion of PAWS to be with the adult dogs. I was surprised. They practically lined up just to let me pat/stroke their head. There was one particular dog (mongrel with long snout like a doberman's) who longed for touch so much that he refused to move to let other dogs be touched by me. Luckily my hand was thin enough to go through the hole of the fence to reach out to them. One spitz kept barking at me but finally he calmed down and came nearer and nearer the fence and finally he allowed me to touch him. I think once they can sense that we meant no harm they will trust us.

I go more often to SPCA as they have more puppies and thus I think they need more hands. If you are at PJ do visit the lonesome dogs/puppies.

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2006, 8:27 PM

Post #12 of 47 (930 views)
Shortcut

Hi hoyf, it's really sad to hear about the dogs...I have to admit I don't know much about their situation until recently when I joined this forum and get to know more...

Now hearing from you about that doberman, it's just so sad...Yes, I'll do just that, PAWS isn't that far away for me.

Thanks for sharing it here.

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2006, 9:42 PM

Post #13 of 47 (925 views)
Shortcut

Dear irenec,

Good to hear that you are considering to visit the dogs at PAWS. Strike while the rod is hot! The ones that are in need of visit most are the adult dogs. I don't think people would want to adopt adult dogs. I believe these dogs were dumped there when their owners migrate or have to move to an apartment/condominium. Some are pure breeds. Have a look at those housed at the back portion -- spitz, GSD, doberman. They really longed for human affection. Each of us can play our minor role there. It makes a lot of difference to the dogs.

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 10, 2006, 6:09 AM

Post #14 of 47 (912 views)
Shortcut

Thanks alot hoyf. Will definitely check out the movie u mentioned, "Because of Winn Dixie". Like what Irene said, the story of the man that has refrained from eating rice in memory of his dog .. is really touching. I know how heart broken one felt when his/her beloved dog passed away. I have been through this .. not once but 4 times Frown ....

I will find time and spread a little love to the dogs at PAWS .. . I am really glad that I joined this portal. Thanks alot!

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2006, 3:27 PM

Post #15 of 47 (895 views)
Shortcut

Dear guenhwyvar,

I'm glad that you will go to PAWS to be with the lonesome dogs. Yes check out "Because of Winn Dixie". It's a children's show but I find it equally appealing to adults. My colleague's children (Malay) enjoyed the show so much that they kept watching and watching. So my colleague intends to buy one. She's afraid her children will spoil my VCD. Yes, I empathise and sympathise with the Indian man. I have been through such heartache 8 times. I am now owning my 9th dog. You're welcome.

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 12, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #16 of 47 (889 views)
Shortcut

Trying to dl the movie using p2p but it seems like not many ppl have this movie. If I can't get it dl-ed by this weekend, maybe I will try going out to shops to get it.

It has been a tiring weekend, watching football alone ... haih .... wouldn't it be nice if I have a doggy that I can hug and watch at the same time Frown ...

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006, 7:21 PM

Post #17 of 47 (889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guenhwyvar&hoyf] Hello there all dog lovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

You and hoyf are real strong to be able to go through so many rounds of heartaches. I don't think I can Unsure

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006, 7:27 PM

Post #18 of 47 (887 views)
Shortcut

Hi hoyf, I know what you mean about strike while the iron is hot Blush we are all creatures of habits so in my case procrastination is one of them Blush

"Because of Winn Dixie" - is it a happy movie or a sad one?

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2006, 7:38 PM

Post #19 of 47 (886 views)
Shortcut

Dear Irene,

Death is inevitable when there is birth. When my last dog died of a stroke I told myself that he will be the last dog I own. He died after 5 days, while I was at work. My brother witnessed him die. His will to live was so strong. Well I did not hold on long to my promise as I got my present dog 2 years later. Can't live without a dog as I am so mad about them!

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006, 7:44 PM

Post #20 of 47 (883 views)
Shortcut

It's true...At times I do think that I won't want to get another one in the event of losing my present one - hard to handle the losing part...But who knows I'll probably ended up like you too Smile

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2006, 7:50 PM

Post #21 of 47 (883 views)
Shortcut

Dear guenhwyvar,

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to have a dog keeping you company when you watch football. You can buy one from Speedy.

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Jun 12, 2006, 8:08 PM

Post #22 of 47 (877 views)
Shortcut

Hi Irene,

Because of Winn Dixie is a simple story with many invaluable life lessons. It is about how a girl's life became more colourful when a stray dog walked into her life. This story is very similar to our life's story. How our life has been enriched with the advent of our dog. So go watch the VCD/DVD. I don't think this movie will ever be shown in the cinema. It does not have the thrills and suspense like contemporary movies.

irenec
Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #23 of 47 (873 views)
Shortcut

Hi hoyf,

Thanks for the recommendation. I will go look it up. I think most of us can relate to that with our dogs Sly As long as it doesn't have a sad ending - I hate sad endings Mad

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 12, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #24 of 47 (872 views)
Shortcut

Hi Irene,

It wasnt easy ... the heartache is worst than breaking off with a bf .. Tongue Anyway, I'm still trying to get over the sadness since my last dog died (3 years ago).

guenhwyvar
Novice

Jun 12, 2006, 8:46 PM

Post #25 of 47 (869 views)
Shortcut

Hi hoyf,

Thanks for talking about dogs here with me ... really glad I found this site. So, what breed are you having now? How old is he/she?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my