Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
more weight needed...!!

lilK
Dog Kichi

May 2, 2003, 3:29 AM

Post #1 of 9 (994 views)
Shortcut
more weight needed...!! Can't Post

my 14 months old st cross maltese is kinda picky with his food nowadays..

any idea on what to feed him so can improve his appetite and currently im feeding him with innova for bout 2 months...he doesnt seems to be bother with the food unless he is hungry...

besides this im giving him lotsa treats..but he still looks skinny...

so i need some tips from all the shifus here...

regards,

mama kenshin

Chuckie
Novice

May 2, 2003, 9:14 AM

Post #2 of 9 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilK] more weight needed...!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, My dog is quite pickie about his food, when he was younger I used to change his food when he got bored of it, bit spoilt, but he would eat a bit more. Are you giving him lots of dog treats or human food treats? If you are giving a lot of them then he probably isn't hungary when its time for his food.

Good luck in feeding up your dog!!! Wink

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 3, 2003, 8:56 PM

Post #3 of 9 (974 views)
Shortcut

Hello Lilk,
My golden wasn't eating for past few weeks, at 1st, we thought she started to be picky. So, we changed her food to other brand. But she hasn't eat much. We brought her to vet, found out she has ear mites, that caused her lossing appetite. It was a bit strange as you know, dogs get hungry every minute. If you dog is not eating or some sort like lossing appetite for long period ( a few days), bring him to vet immediately. I was surpised too ear mite would cause such a problem.
She starts eating now. We do not intend to change her food often, as this will spoil her. Try not to feed her with treats, it should treat as reward when he does good things Smile

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

lilK
Dog Kichi

May 5, 2003, 5:17 AM

Post #4 of 9 (969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] more weight needed...!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ill bring him to see vet asap.....

any idea wat other reasons can coz them to lost appetite?

thanks

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 5, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #5 of 9 (961 views)
Shortcut

wowww, there aee plenty of reasons one dog losses his appetite.
eg. ear mite, kidney failure, cancer, or too picky on food...
the best if to bring him to vet, you don't want the risk Wink

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

Chuckie
Novice

May 6, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #6 of 9 (951 views)
Shortcut

Has your dog been wormed recently, cause tape worms can cause a dog to lose wait.

Chuckie. xxx

lilK
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2003, 8:34 PM

Post #7 of 9 (938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chuckie] more weight needed...!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i do give him deworm tablet every 3 months.....
maybe he jus doesnt like innova..coz since i just from nutro to innova he started to be like this..
anyone here have any prob feeding their furballs with innova?

Riccaval
ALPHA

May 8, 2003, 9:36 PM

Post #8 of 9 (936 views)
Shortcut

Hi lilk,
I had problems with Innova, my doggies had loose stool when they were on it. No matter how little or how much they still cant take it.
All of them are on Nutro Lamb & Rice now, so far so good.
Try adding ur dog food with chicken fats,oily stuff. No good for us humans but good for their appetite and skinSmile

lilK
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2003, 11:10 AM

Post #9 of 9 (915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] more weight needed...!! [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog doesnt have any prob with the stool..

its jus everytime he went n smell the food..he jus walked away....without eating them...unless he is bored or really hungry....

i did try mix the knibbles with the chicken skins and he will finis all the knibbles on the bowl...

i dun wan to make it as a habit to let him have mix wet food into the dry food...one thing it is because his face will be smelly...next is i doesnt have time to go to the market to get those wet food...

ive tried nutro lamb n rice before this but theres once the petshop i went too told me nutro discontinued which was NOT TRUE after i went to another petshop..but it was too late...coz at the moment ive oredi ordered innova.....

fyi....if ur doggie doesnt have skin probs rite...don feed them with lamb as the main ingredient..as it will lighten up their coat....

anyway thanks for ur info too...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my