Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Kirara need help!!

ffredlee

May 1, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Kirara need help!! Can't Post

Dear all,

I am really desperate, that I call for all of you for help.

My Kirara who is now 4 months old is ill. She is really active and still in good helth this morning when I left for work. My dad called me just now and inform me that she's having a fit, her mouth berbuih and she ran around the house like some lunatics. Even my Bobby (another dog) is confuse at her behaviour. She finally settle and go under the house and fell asleep...but what wrong with her. I am no idea. We feed her normal food as we fed Bobby and she has more appetite than bobby. We have to put her on leash because she always ran off into some swamp water for a dip...but we always let her free at night.

We feed her this "premium" dog food. But we also feed her rice with mixture of chicken soup, we have no problem before this...and I am really worried. Has she been poison? I need to know. I am going to rush her to the vet after this...and shall check your feedback tonite.

FredaFrown

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 1, 2003, 4:53 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ffredlee] Kirara need help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello freda,

Is Kirara ok now? what seems to be the problem? Izzit because of the swamp water she swallowed? Hope that she's fine.

Do post updates about her condition ya?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

milooh

May 1, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1023 views)
Shortcut

Hi there. I really hope Kirara is not in danger but whateve it is, its not good. Is your place fenced in or not? If its not, Kirara may have wandered and ate something poisonous (hopefully not). Update us asap and I would not let her free at night or at anytime unsupervised. Our dogs live in the house with us and only go out to play with us. But this did not prevent Milo from eating something which made him ill and we had to bring him to the emergency vet around midnight. If she has to be outside at night, maybe you can get a crate for her. Is she crate trained?

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

jrooi
Novice

May 1, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1020 views)
Shortcut

ohh. gosh

that is bad news and i understand how u feel. even when my pup was vomitting at one morning i was dam worried. well had u bring her to the vet. if she isn't poison then she might be having some sort of desease (which i suspect could be epilepsy) go to the vet immediately

ffredlee

May 1, 2003, 4:09 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrooi] Kirara need help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear all,

I feel misreable, not knowing what's wrong with her. ..coz I I left her, she's in perfect condition... My mom told me she was find..yesterday when some ppl came and visit us...as usual she start barking at them, then, she start foaming in the mouth, the leash broke loose, she ran off and go around the house for few minutes...at first bobby ran withe her..i bet he didn't know what's happening too..but soon, she ran alone..my mom can't catch her..she's really fast..then she got tited and sleep under the car then move to the garage..that's the last my mom saw of her..she went missing..I came home and worried so..coz it's started to rain..and she didn't come home for dinner. Bobby looks worried too..and refuse to be apart from me...he follow me when we look for kirara around the neigbourhood. It's unlike kirara at all, she never left the gate, she won't go anywhere even when the fence are open, we only started to put her on leash..before this, she's just roam free and never ran away.But she always get herself dirty. I feel terrible. Mom's sad too coz kirara sat by the kitchen for her.. My dad woke up and look for her early morning..so did I, no sign of her. what is wrong with her? Why is she running away, mom said she when beserk before she gone missing...like possessed of something.Frown I am going out to look for her again...I just hope I can find her and send her to vet immediately...But I prepare for the worst.

I am afraid it may not help kirara but the advice post here may help others. Unlike kirara bobby is not hyperactive. I guess hyperactive pup bound to have complication..shall update you all this evening. Hope bobby is ok..he look worried..kirara missing may effect himFrown

Freda

ffredlee

May 1, 2003, 6:28 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1011 views)
Shortcut

Dear all,

Thanks for your concern.We found Kirara an hour ago. She was hiding underneath some rubbish near the garage. She had passed on peacefully though. Her eyes were closed and she looked as though she was sleeping. I am sad but it comfort me that it is a quick and soundless death. I may sound calm but those who follow up with me in this forum realize how much I adore Kirara. As I mention earlier...her last act sound distictly like someone who know they're dying.. she tried to hide herself away and don't want to see us, that's why I am well prepared for it but it ache when i thought about it still. Thank you all again for your help and concern.

FredaFrown

Chuckie
Novice

May 2, 2003, 9:29 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1007 views)
Shortcut

I'm so sorry to hear about Kirara, it must have been terrible for you and your family. I don't know what could have been wrong with her, maybe she picked up some posion.

Again I'm sorry for your news.

Chuckie Frown

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 2, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #8 of 10 (998 views)
Shortcut

hi freda,

so sorry to hear about Kirara. Frown You know, my grandma always tells me that good and loyal dogs never die in the owner's house. I don't know what's the rationale behind this, but I think Kirara just didn't want to see you all so sad that's why she chose to 'go' outside the house compound.

Yeah, been reading about your postings about Kirara and I can imagine the sadness and pain you're going through. But hang in there ok? She doesn't want to see u sad (which was probably why she left first)...so try to go on for her sake ok? Smile

ffredlee

May 3, 2003, 4:21 AM

Post #9 of 10 (987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Kirara need help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear all,

It's hard but I move on, it's just that I don't think of taking up any dog for awhile..Kirara is special..it's hard to relate her to something like death..you know..coz all the while she was so "Alive" and active. Yeah, my friend and my parents think that Kirara had accidently been poisoned.

Let this be a precaution to all, I learn this a hard way, but I hope others may gain knowledge through my experience. We have a cat in our home, therefore there's no need for rat poison or anything like that but its's hard to tell about others in the neighbourhood. They may try to destroy these pest using rat poison but somehow...with no civic mind, they could just throw their dead rat or pest in other people compound..sometimes even rubbish and faeces. Be aware about this. Our pets may pick up these things without our knowledge. The only way is to keep them away from the fences and to active dogs, never let them unsupervise when they're free.

In Kirara case, I guess she picks up this poisonous stuff when rubbish are thrown from the other side of the fences.

In her short life, Kirara has lived it to the fullest, giving all the love her little heart can give to others. I will always remember that.Frown

angekok

May 3, 2003, 8:36 PM

Post #10 of 10 (984 views)
Shortcut

Freda,

I'm really sorry to hear the bad news of kirara. My once soul-mate, Momo (cockers spaniel) left me during my highschool days due to food poisioning coz by my ignorance to haf the rubbish at the wet kitchen dump on the floor (which i presumed that as the cause of food poisoning).

Prolly we learn from experience and get wiser and even more protective over our furkids.

"All dogs go to heaven" >> just like the old cartoon... so, cheer up!

Rgds.

Lots of Doggies' Love, Ange.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my