Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things..

estherchan
Novice

May 21, 2006, 8:32 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2894 views)
Shortcut
hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. Can't Post

hi,my name is esther,i just bought a silky terrie 1 week ago...she born at feb 15 mean now is 4 months rite?she likes to bite my hand,leg,cloth,anything that she can bite...whenever i say no loudly she stop for a while then start again and even bite me more harder...so pain when she bite people...when i walk away from her...she will run and bite my leg...it hurts alot...and i scold her...but like no use...when i avoid her she even more agressive and bite me more.and i have to carry her on my hand and make her cool down...i even give her crew her toys...no use...still biting people .sometimes after bitting her toys...she stop gone crazy and be guai guai...sometime she wont..she gone crazy and bite me again...izzir normal?or have to wait till she grow uUnsureFrownp?any ways please help...

babymiki
Enthusiast

May 23, 2006, 12:16 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estherchan] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Esther,

My silky is having the same problem as yours too. When she did something wrong, she is not scared of me. when she knew i was gonna walk towards her, she would run. and when she reaches the dead end, she'd stop and sit and give me the innocent look. She knew she did something wrong. Sigh. She keep biting my toes whenever i sleep. it's getting on my nerves. I seriously have no idea what should i do. I have tried the soft and hard way but she's still the same.

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

Duck
Novice

Jul 26, 2006, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm... my silky has the same problem. She is 4 months old now, born on the 16th of March. She only bites when she is playful. Of course i have made known to her that i am the alpha 'dog' at home.. hehe... so she doesnt bite me anymore. each time she does it, i will shout out NO and give her an angry stare. She stops doing it to me now.

But one night, she was playing and goign crazy.. she bit my gf's hand and it bled! Not intentionally, but because she jumps and bite so i think it caught on her hand and move downwards. What can I do about that? Does my gf needs to get an injection from the doctor? Its just a scraping from one teeth.

She continues to bite my long pants and everyone's ankle, except mine. Will she grow out of it?

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2006, 1:07 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Duck] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

When training ur dog not to bite, your family member alos need to participate in training him not only you alone. You need to let your family member know about how to train your dog. So, that your dog know biting is bad. Currently, your dog thinking he cannot bite you but he can bite others.

piggywei
New User

Oct 16, 2006, 6:55 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Duck] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey peeps, I'm an owner of a silky terrier too. Her name is Kiki and I just bought her yesterday. She's born on the 29th may 2006, which means that she's 4 months old too. I'm encountering the same problem as well. She's been biting on everyone's fingers and toes frantically. How do i go about with this problem? Duck, how do I become the alpha dog in the house? Do i scream at her or hit her nose? This is my first time owning a puppy. I desperately need some help...HELp..anyone please?

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2006, 5:29 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piggywei] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

If your silky bite your finger & toe, all you need to do just say "NO" & you immerdiately stop playing & ignord your Silky. Once your Silky stop doing this give him a treat or praise him.

Consistent in your training. He still a puppy, so be patient. OK. Don't give up easy.

Good Luck

piggywei
New User

Oct 18, 2006, 5:48 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris, thanks for the precious advice. Will keep that in my mind.

By the way, will they grow out of the biting? will it be forever? Actually, she doesnt really bite me and my mom alot, probably she knows that we're incharge. She bites my younger brother and other visiting relatives alot. My relatives come around very often as we stay very close to one another. It's quite hard to stop her from biting them.

Besides that, is it advisable to always let the puppy stay indoors? Cause the petshop owner did mention that it's not advisable to take the pup out for walks as it may be infected with ticks easily. Just wondering if indoor activities alone is adequate for the puppy to stay happily.

flowerremi
Novice

Oct 18, 2006, 6:06 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piggywei] hi my silky terrie 4 months already...keep on bitting things.. [In reply to] Can't Post

in addition to previous suggested methods, you can try givin your dog something specifically for them to chew. I donno what they called...but you can get from pet shop, eg white colour sticks, the little shoes that made from cow hide...

I think puppies' teeth/gum got itchy sometimes, like babies, they also feel itchy and feel like biting. Crazy so when she start biting you, say no to her, then just pass the 'stick' to her. Maybe you will see her happily biting her stick instead of your finger at that moment.

I speak from the experience with my dog only. cheers!

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2006, 10:54 PM

Post #9 of 9 (2479 views)
Shortcut

Wait till your puppy got all her vaccination then you are allow to bring him out for walk.

Its not that easy to get ticks just by bringing your dog out for a walk. Avoid places that have alot of stray dogs and always clean them up after a walk before you let him go inside your house.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my