Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Shar pei puppy in jb

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dog Kichi

May 20, 2006, 2:02 AM

Post #1 of 33 (3532 views)
Shortcut
Shar pei puppy in jb Can't Post

anyone knows where to get a healthy male shar pei puppy in jb? hv seen quite a few in different petshops but would prefer a home breed one cos can at least have a look at the parents.

cheers

chrisong
Doggyman

May 20, 2006, 3:30 AM

Post #2 of 33 (3527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [8033] Shar pei puppy in jb [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry I don't know any reliable breeder for Shar pei. But, you can call MKA to check out any breeder at JB at or 03-77297822.

Hope this help.

simchi

May 26, 2006, 4:44 AM

Post #3 of 33 (3513 views)
Shortcut

I have seen one shar pei puppy recently , very kewl . but the location is far from JB , it's where you got your Kiwi though .

Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 6:32 PM

Post #4 of 33 (3503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simchi] Shar pei puppy in jb [In reply to] Can't Post

u mean u saw it in seremban? i dont mind going there if i can be assured of getting a healthy and cute puppy with a reasonable price.. dont think its possible though.

as mentioned in my earlier post, i saw a few shar pei puppies in a petshop in jb but dont "dare" to buy cos dont know where the puppies were from.

btw, kiwi is having some skin problems which the cause could not be ascertained by the 2 vets i visited. i'm feeding her a different kind of kibble now.. hope to see some improvements soon.

chrisong
Doggyman

May 26, 2006, 6:40 PM

Post #5 of 33 (3502 views)
Shortcut

Stick with one dog food brand for approx. 3 month time. Then only see your dog are doing well on this brand or not. Don't change dog food after just one bag it would not help you to determine what cause your dog skin problem.

Hope this help.

Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 9:23 PM

Post #6 of 33 (3499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Shar pei puppy in jb [In reply to] Can't Post

3 months? is it necessary for so long? i planned to try for about 6 to 8 weeks to see got any improvement or not. anyway, appreciate yr advice Wink

simchi

May 27, 2006, 6:14 AM

Post #7 of 33 (3489 views)
Shortcut

Yeah in Seremban ...That guy goes to the same vet as well , so if you're still looking and dont mind making a trip up to seremban , dont mind to call the vet .

get well soon , kiwi !!

chaiwoon

May 27, 2006, 9:00 PM

Post #8 of 33 (3486 views)
Shortcut

Frownthere...

y dun u try switching to non-chicken meat kibble? coz sometime skin problem might due to allergy (mostly chicken fat). my boy had it once too. and also try not giving him any treat. see any improvement after 2 week and also using medicated shampoo might also help. coz sometimes shampoo also could cause skin problem to certain dogs. my boy was allergy to tee tree oil shampoo. hope ur furkid recover soon.. Smile
www.dogster.com/?378834

Dog Kichi

May 29, 2006, 9:00 PM

Post #9 of 33 (3466 views)
Shortcut

i wish to see more pups before making any decision but currently i'm quite busy so no time to go to seremban ler... will ask u for the vet's no. if i'm going k Wink

btw, i've seen one 3 months old shar pei pup in a petshop yesterday but i dont think its a purebreed.. i asked the staff thereat and he told me it "may not be" a purebreed Crazy

Dog Kichi

May 29, 2006, 11:06 PM

Post #10 of 33 (3460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] Shar pei puppy in jb [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for yr advice. anyway, i've been feeding kiwi with avoderm lamb & rice kibble for about 2 weeks but there is still no significant improvement noted. will continue feeding kiwi with that for another 2 weeks or so and hope to see the result.

as for the shampoo, i cant recall the brand but its recommended by the petshop which is said to be good for sensitive and itchy skin. may hv to try another brand of shampoo.. so whats yr recommendation?

Dog Kichi

May 29, 2006, 11:06 PM

Post #11 of 33 (3460 views)
Shortcut

thanks for yr advice. anyway, i've been feeding kiwi with avoderm lamb & rice kibble for about 2 weeks but there is still no significant improvement noted. will continue feeding kiwi with that for another 2 weeks or so and hope to see the result.

as for the shampoo, i cant recall the brand but its recommended by the petshop which is said to be good for sensitive and itchy skin. may hv to try another brand of shampoo Frown

chaiwoon

May 31, 2006, 1:30 AM

Post #12 of 33 (3445 views)
Shortcut

did the vet did skin scrapping on kiwi?

as for shampoo, i use malaseb (a medicated shampoo).. and for kibble, i feed my boy avoderm speciality, both recomended by my vet.. i din give my boy any treat and no other skin chemical untill his skin is fully recover.. i dare not recomend u anything coz it may work well on my boy, but may not work on kiwi.. try to look for other reliable vet that can guide u to overcome kiwi's skin problem..
www.dogster.com/?378834

Dog Kichi

Jun 2, 2006, 12:08 AM

Post #13 of 33 (3431 views)
Shortcut

the vet did carry out skin scrapping but nothing was found. i think we are feeding our doggies the same kibble which is avoderm speciality.. kiwi's condition seems to improve a little bit after about 3 weeks of trying the new kibble so i will continue feeding her the same. btw, just bought a medium size pack (6kg plus) and it costs me about RM100 Pirate mind telling me how much u bought yrs??

chaiwoon

Jun 2, 2006, 3:28 AM

Post #14 of 33 (3426 views)
Shortcut

glad to hear that kiwi's skin is improving.

hmm.. i bought small pack, 2kg for RM33. last time i bought the big pack (i think 6 kg wan) cost me less than RM100. din buy big pack coz i dun wan to keep the kibble for so long. 2kg can last my boy for 1 month. Cool

maybe u can try out malaseb shampoo. but kinda expensive lo.. i bought from my vet 60 ml for RM10. they extract it to smaller quantity and sell it off. actual quantity is 250 ml for RM38.
www.dogster.com/?378834

Dog Kichi

Jun 7, 2006, 10:53 PM

Post #15 of 33 (3409 views)
Shortcut

the price i bought is a little bit higher than yrs.. anyway, hv to buy the bigger pack cos kiwi can finish a 2kg pack in just 1 week Pirate

may give malaseb shampoo a try.. hope that helps...

simchi

Jun 10, 2006, 11:34 PM

Post #16 of 33 (3380 views)
Shortcut

regarding the shar pei puppy , search thoroughly lah , health-wise very important , if you're still looking and maybe you want to view more puppies then let me know , i'll give a ring to my vet .

fala's consumption = 250gm/meal x 3 meals = 750gm a day = about 5kg a week :/ now cut down alot already , probably 400-450gm a day :/ she was on biljac but the fur colour changed into darker colour , we prefer cream colour you see , so changed back to eukanuba , now poo smelly and fur shedding exceedingly so might want to change to Scient Plan ...i know , i know it's not good to change the brand of the kibbles too much too often .

anyway , hope Kiwi will have a speedy rcoveryy !!

Dog Kichi

Jun 14, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #17 of 33 (3372 views)
Shortcut

dont worry, i'm in no hurry to get a shar pei pup.. agreed with u that must do research thoroughly before getting one. appreciate yr help but i really dont think i'll hv the time to go to seremban in the near future Frown

what's fala weight now? make sure u dont overfeed her ya... so kiwi's food consumption is very little compares to fala huh? that makes me feel much better now Tongue but kiwi has now become a very naughty and pampered gal.. she hardly listens to the commands and doesnt wanna eat from the bowl.. feeding her is like feeding a small kid now Pirate she will also go crazy when she gets excited and everyone in the house has got some bruises and scratches from her...

btw, kiwi's condition is improving Smile

simchi

Jun 15, 2006, 1:35 AM

Post #18 of 33 (3368 views)
Shortcut

heh , i first brought fala to the vet and he said 'your SALAH needs to lose weight and keep fit .' when fala was about 5 months old , i brought her to the vet , the vet automatically told me ' wah this age very naughty one . ' but one thing hor , this never cease to amaze me , every dog is afraid of VETS ..fala wil round her front legs hugging me whenever I put her on the bed in the vet's ..so cute .

Yeah , I feed according to the chart they had it on the package of the dog kibbles . and she's probably 21 to 22kgs . not overweight , very lean .

I guess every puppy has its day lor , they must scratch you then only they will grow ..sounds familiar doesnt it ? :) but still glad for you that she is better now ....anyway , if you're coming , inform me okay .

chaiwoon

Jun 15, 2006, 9:17 AM

Post #19 of 33 (3366 views)
Shortcut

Frown8033,

Glad to hear that kiwi's skin is getting better. Smile
Have u try malaseb shampoo?
www.dogster.com/?378834

Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2006, 5:34 PM

Post #20 of 33 (3353 views)
Shortcut

i've not tried the malaseb shampoo yet.. will try and get it tomorrow cos not working Sly

kiwi's skin does not improve significantly but i for sure hv noticed some improvement.. and she scratches much lesser also. thanks for yr concern ya Wink

Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2006, 5:58 PM

Post #21 of 33 (3352 views)
Shortcut

glad to know that your "salah" is not overweight cos it sure is very salah to overfeed her Tongue kiwi is considered quite lean too, weight about 11kg now.. i actually hoped that she will become a bigger gal i.e. above 20kg but it seems very unlikely.

btw, i remember that u posted in other thread that u were engaging someone to have fala trained.. so how's thing now? i tried to teach kiwi some basic commands but until now she only knows how to sit Blush

simchi

Jun 17, 2006, 12:53 AM

Post #22 of 33 (3348 views)
Shortcut

my vet is a funny boy ;) Fala is about 22kgs at the moment , I dont know her exact weight havent weighed her for a while now .

Fala is trained but I am not . Still in the process of learning mah I , she knows how to sit , stay , come , down , eat , stop ..actually these are ...like everyone would say why pay a lump sum for these simple commands ..but seriously she's now very well-mannered behave herself eventhough she still bullies me ( I still learning mah ) . she sees me then go crazy .. and I noticed that she's abit confused when I command her cause my command is not CORRECT (still learning mah) . the training is very goood if you dont know 'how to train' at all . anyway , you going to the olympic day ?

Dog Kichi

Jun 19, 2006, 5:58 PM

Post #23 of 33 (3331 views)
Shortcut

i'm also thinking of engaging someone to train kiwi and myself leh.. many of the petshops here do offer obedience training and i even got a contact of a so called ex-military vet/dog training instructor but hv yet to find out more from any of them. i'm planning to get her spayed after me and my family moved to our new house next month and then only the obedience training.

the olympic day ar? no, i wont be going cos its too far from jb la... r u going to bring fala there?

Dog Kichi

Jun 19, 2006, 9:41 PM

Post #24 of 33 (3322 views)
Shortcut

i just realised that the olympic day was over.. so did u and fala go there?

simchi

Jun 20, 2006, 4:55 AM

Post #25 of 33 (3313 views)
Shortcut

WE WENT , it was okay . FALA KNOWS HOW TO SWIM !!!!!!!!!!! she's home now , the trainer told me to train her on leash .. but the trainer himself did some demonstration with fala without leash , she knows all the comments and very well-trained i must say . but i amateur i must train simple simple lor or if i train her myself wrongly then 'tai wok' . i also learnt about some unethical trainers ..especially for guardian dogs . in order to make them bark and bite , they physically provoke the dogs :/ resulted some dogs kill themself lah . very sad hor .

which park in johor you're staying ? eh i saw one chinese shar pei on olympic day , very 'ugly' , so cute !!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my