Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Any advice for dogs in heat?

icyfire73
New User

Apr 30, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3012 views)
Shortcut
Any advice for dogs in heat? Can't Post

I have a year old miniture pincher who is now in heat. I do not wish to breed her yet. Is there any special care for her at this time, eg. Is it alright to bathe her when she's bleeding like this? BlushOr if she needs special nutrients?Crazy Thamks!

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Apr 30, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #2 of 8 (3002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icyfire73] Any advice for dogs in heat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Jojo also having her first period time right now.. (congratualation to both of us??Unsure) Jojo now only roughly about 6-7 months old. As far as I'm concern, their dogs terbalik with human, if u don't want to breed her yet then u have to watch her closely don't let her out and hang with others male dog AFTER her period. They will only on heat after the period (roughly about 9 days).

I'm not sure can we bath them, but I still bath JOJO as usual.. because I feel she is smelly.. she looks no mod and down right now.. I guess is normal.
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 30, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #3 of 8 (3000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any advice for dogs in heat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Congra to both of u !! Tai Ko Lui Loh!!...Blush
One thing is take care of ur female dog when u bring her our.. Becareful to the male dog. For my dog i will bath them when they are on heat. I dont think so any problem. May be they will feel pain, but is ok dont worry ....Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 30, 2003, 10:58 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2997 views)
Shortcut

hi there,
Do you consider to neuter her? Neuter before 1st heat would greatly reduce her chances to get ovary cancel, if you don't plan to breed puppies.

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 1, 2003, 9:38 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2990 views)
Shortcut

the only thing i know is : STAY AWAY from all the MALE dogs in the neighbourhood !!! btw, welcome to the forum.... I own a minpin too called Mocha.

cheers,
minglmy

icyfire73
New User

May 2, 2003, 2:01 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Any advice for dogs in heat? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the advice! I'm wondering....your mini pin is of what sexWink? If it's a male, ever think of breeding? I'm considering looking for one of the same breed. Any suggestions, anyoneUnsure?? ThanksSly.

shyeow2
Canine Addict

May 7, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Any advice for dogs in heat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. Blush If I take her to neutral now will this cause her painful? I very sayang her one.. I'm not going to breed cause 2 dogs now already full fill my life / time.

Any suggestion where is cheaper for the operation?

Jojo very restless now.. (just after period) is this normal? I got no experience on this.. She hardly can concentrate on my trainning lesson now. I notice she eat less too. (Not shown hungry face most the times like previous). Is this normal too?? Pls advise.
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

ashley
ALPHA

May 7, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Any advice for dogs in heat? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, some people say is beter we neutral b4 1st heat or after 1st heat. So i think u can take her to neutral. after this u must control her diet if not she will become fatty girl loh!!
I think is normal qua when she on heat sure no mood Tongue my house now got two girl girl on heat also!! Laugh
Enjoy be ur girl mummy !!Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my