Dog Kichi

May 18, 2006, 6:45 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Dog owners will have to clean up their act Can't Post

Dog owners may have to clean up their act
By NIK KHUSAIRI IBRAHIM
Metro, 8 May 2006

Every time you take your dog out for a walk you may have to bring along a clean-up kit so that you can dispose of your pet's poop.

You can either bury the droppings properly or have them wrapped up before dumping them into a garbage bin.

Probably you may have to bring along a small shovel, or plastic bags or paper wrapping to properly dispose of the droppings.

But the Penang Municipal Council has yet to decide whether to make this a ruling by invoking an existing provision in its by-laws.

The council is still studying the existing provision before implementing it, a council spokesman said.

“We also need to study the dog population and decide where the ruling should be enforced.

“The legal advisor will be scrutinizing all aspects to ensure effective implementation of the ruling,” he said, adding that the aim was to ensure that those responsible dispose of their dogs’ droppings properly.

The spokesman said the council was seriously studying the matter in view of irresponsible dog owners.

“There are dog owners who let their dogs defecate just about anywhere. The ruling will make dog owners do their part in keeping the environment clean,” he added.

Under the existing ruling, dog owners are not allowed to take their dogs to public parks and playgrounds.

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 21, 2006, 4:10 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tpsing] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with the article. Is that a common parctise for every dog owner in Malaysia?

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 22, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

Some people pick, some don't. And the fault usually goes to people who pick because he/she is staying there to clean up while the others run away before anyone can catch them.
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

ERN
K9 Maniac

May 23, 2006, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Some people pick, some don't. And the fault usually goes to people who pick because he/she is staying there to clean up while the others run away before anyone can catch them.

I stay in a chinese populated housing area [hardly can see non-chinese house there]. There are many houses with dog(s). It is very easy to step on the dog poo if you were not careful.

I always bring my dog for a walk in the morning and evening which wil go through at least 10 roads. The following is what I observed: I do not put in the figure as i dong have.

1. The largest group of owners never [or seldom] let the dog out. So there is no problem on picking up the poo as it is within the owners house.

2. The owner let the dog out freely [whether to let the dog out to eliminate or free whole day]. This type of owners never pick up the poo as they dont even know where the dog eliminates. This causes not only the poo problem, the dog will chase people who went out for exercises or bring their dog for walks. Usually I will face off with 3 to 5 dogs on my path especially in the evening.

3. The owner brings the dog out with leash but never clean up after their dogs. This form the majority of the owners who bring out their dog for walk.

4. The owner brings the dog out with leash and will clean up after their dog only if they remember to bring along a plastic bag or paper.

5. The owner brings the dog out with leash and will clean up after their dog even though they forgot to bring along with them plastic bag or paper. They will pick up whatever from teh road side that can be used to remove the poo. This is the rare breed.

Maybe we let Puppy.com member tell which category they belong to? be honest.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 23, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

i notice @ my neighbourhood......onli 3 families bring their dog out wit leash....but never pick up d poo....

while others let their dog roam freely without supervision....

i think those ppl r juz not educated.....they never heard about 'picking up poo'....

maybe putting up a sign board will help a bit....

as for me....i walk my dog almost 4 times per week onli.....n i avoid letting my dog steps on grass becoz its highly infested wit ticks....(stray cat colonize here)..... so since my dog is grass train.....she don't poo when i walk her.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

ERN
K9 Maniac

May 23, 2006, 2:31 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i notice @ my neighbourhood......onli 3 families bring their dog out wit leash....but never pick up d poo....

while others let their dog roam freely without supervision....

i think those ppl r juz not educated.....they never heard about 'picking up poo'....

maybe putting up a sign board will help a bit....

as for me....i walk my dog almost 4 times per week onli.....n i avoid letting my dog steps on grass becoz its highly infested wit ticks....(stray cat colonize here)..... so since my dog is grass train.....she don't poo when i walk her.....

"maybe putting up a sign board will help a bit.... " have you seen a notice board "Dilarang membuang sampah. Denda Rm2000" What you find near the signboard? Cool not help a bit but full of sampah.Unsure

The old chinese style is to either let them run freely or chain them up. Bringing dog out on leash and clean up after them is new things to many people. we need 3 more generation to put this trend in most dog owners mind.Crazy too bad.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 23, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1463 views)
Shortcut

but actually @ my place ppl r better ler...

last time got a place where ppl use 2 dump rubbish...

then later, mppj put up a sign board...Dilarang Membuang Sampah....

so after 2 months....really got nobody dare 2 throw there anymore...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 23, 2006, 2:48 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1460 views)
Shortcut

hehe.. i am in 4 category.

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 23, 2006, 2:26 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe interesting to read all your comments. When i was living in Malaysia, i wasn't so conscious about poo-picking then i moved to Sweden and noticed that every dogs' owners pick up the poo. Over here people will stare and frown at you if they see that you leave the poo and walk away. So, now whenever i walk my dog, i must have a few black color plastic bags Smile But still there are a few lazy and irresponsible owners who left the poo esp in winter. (can see the poo everywhere on the snow Mad )

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 24, 2006, 2:47 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] Dog owners will have to clean up their act [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue same same in Australia!!

Anyway, bad luck today i had big car accident. No mood to add sarcastic comments. Pirate

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my