chrisong
Doggyman

May 18, 2006, 4:08 AM

Post #1 of 21 (3859 views)
Shortcut
Truth about dogs in Korea Can't Post

Taken from pets forum

Help!
Dogs are tortured, hung, hammered, battered and eaten in KOREA!

Yes, KOREA, the country that brought us the popular romance drama "Winter Sonata", and sparked off waves of Korean fever in Asia.
They shared with us their food, culture, dramas, movies, songs, handphones .... but what they didn't tell us is that they also kill and eat the very animals we call pets.

FOOD DOGS are bred and sold as meat for human consumption.
CATS are also suffering the same ill fate.

See photos of how these animals end up on Koreans' dining table:
www.koreananimals.org/dogs.htm
www.koreananimals.org/cats.htm
www.koreananimals.org/videoclips.htm

To make things worse, the Korean government is going to LEGALIZE DOG-MEAT TRADE. Why does a country as advanced and food-abundant as Korea need to consume dog & cat meat (a Korean war legacy)? It is uncivilised and barbaric, an image unbefitting of a developed nation.

Pls help to speak up against such cruelty. International pressure can help to make a difference, and every single voice counts!
So sign a petition, make a donation, write to the Korean Government/Embassy/Toursim Board... every effort matters.

choimimi.com/zboarde/zboard.php?id=sign#sign
www.friendsofdogs.net/boycott.html

When you think of Korea the next time, think not of their beautiful women or gorgeous-looking men, nor their romantic, deceptively innocent drama scenes, but of the cruelty and exploitation they subject to defenceless animals we call "man's best friend".

(This post was edited by chrisong on May 18, 2006, 4:09 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 19, 2006, 4:25 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Truth about dogs in Korea [In reply to] Can't Post

ya...last time someone brought up tis -dog eating- issue b4

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Rr
Enthusiast

May 20, 2006, 12:29 AM

Post #3 of 21 (3822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Truth about dogs in Korea [In reply to] Can't Post

And here got 1 photo tat my fren took while she go for holiday trip in korea.

the dog so pity leh.

Latest Photo (latest upload 20th Feb 2006)
Rr Photo

www.dogster.com/?289239
www.dogster.com/?289251.

(This post was edited by Rr on May 20, 2006, 12:30 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 20, 2006, 12:36 AM

Post #4 of 21 (3817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rr] Truth about dogs in Korea [In reply to] Can't Post

but every country oso like tat 1 ler...

sure got dog lovers n dog abuse staying in d same community...

actually korea oso got dog lover la...

i've seen b4 their weekly 'dog tv programme'.....featuring pet dog n their owner.... n i saw d owner sharing d same bowl of noodles wit her dogs..

even better than malaysia....m'sia pun tak ada weekly dog tv programme..

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on May 20, 2006, 12:37 AM)

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 23, 2006, 2:42 PM

Post #5 of 21 (3797 views)
Shortcut

I actually used to like korean dramas a lot but after knowing that they're still practising dog-eating habit, i feel quite disgusted. But like Amanda85 said, every country has animal lovers and abuser. Even in our chinese culture, we love eating sharkfin's soup, not knowing how those sharks are being hunt and killed for their fins. if you look at the pics, i'm sure you wouldn't enjoy the soup as much as you did befor. Poor sharks, now they start to become more extinct. Thanks to our taste in food. Unsure

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 23, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #6 of 21 (3783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] Truth about dogs in Korea [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't watch korea drama...i felt tat they tends to 'drag' very much n i find romantic stories r boring.
i like action pack...!!

ya...education is really important....ever since my teacher show me d shark hunting n commercial food being processed...

i no longer eat shark fin soup n i oso don't eat maggi mee, mcD, KFC.....

unless someone invite me 2 do so....

Pacco de Mongrel

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2006, 12:43 PM

Post #7 of 21 (3766 views)
Shortcut

Thats really good Amanda Smile glad to know that you're supporting the endangered species like sharks for example. I hope everyone will do the same as well Frown Let's show our support to Greenpeace Wink

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/

(This post was edited by julie83 on May 25, 2006, 12:47 PM)

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 25, 2006, 8:00 PM

Post #8 of 21 (3757 views)
Shortcut

Not only korean is like that la. In China, people eat everything regardless if they are flying, walking, swimming, crawling, except for table, chair and submarine. Where you think SARS is coming from? Check out the hot stalls in GuangDong province and you can see all our friends are caged up and waiting to be served on the table.

For chinese, having shark fin soup is a MUST for wedding dinner. Unless you are going for Ang mo style like buffet or Malay Kenduri la. For Chinese, eating shark fin is common and same as korean for eating dog. So, no point to boycott korean also.

BTW, i am a big fans for Korean dramas!
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 26, 2006, 2:19 AM

Post #9 of 21 (3740 views)
Shortcut

ya...~Life is Natural~ is my motto....

n i'm a member of d nature club association oso...

every year i participate in International Coastal Clean Up.....

i even complaint about 'lab mice abuse' issue in my university....

tis make my lecturer mad...as they didn't know who is tat fella who sent tat email 2 d head office in australia.....Sly

Pacco de Mongrel

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 2:25 AM

Post #10 of 21 (3737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] Truth about dogs in Korea [In reply to] Can't Post

If it is a MUST then does that approved the particular community or race to kill those poor animals? All these its-a-must-rule are man created and just because our tradition allow us to kill, that doesn't mean we have the right to do that. I feel that people should start to consider more about others than themselves and its very uncivilised to feed on dogs or sharks or animals which are coming to extinction.Never think that its a MUST to have sharkfin's soup on wedding because that night itself, many have suffered for your sake.

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 2:29 AM

Post #11 of 21 (3736 views)
Shortcut

hehe way to go Amanda. What was the 'lab mice abuse' about? Anyway, you really got the guts to do what you did Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 26, 2006, 2:56 AM

Post #12 of 21 (3734 views)
Shortcut

ya...i'm in an m'sia campus of aussie uni....

according 2 d lab manual (n some common sense)....the lab assistant should kill d lab mice humanely....

but he ended up juz knocking the mice head on the bench until it dead....(maybe he find this way, more easy n fast)...

it frighten me!! n i feel so sad for the mice...

so i lodge a complaint.....but it take australia 3 months to gv response....

ya...d lab assistant did get his lesson....i'm so happy...

but the lecturer keep saying that we r juz acting 'childish'...

she said, :no matter what way they use to kill it....the mice still need to die....

but i find it terribly wrong...

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on May 26, 2006, 2:57 AM)

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 26, 2006, 6:52 AM

Post #13 of 21 (3722 views)
Shortcut

Heheh.. if you are thinking that all animals are suffering because we are consuming them on the table, then i suggest that you should be a Vegetarian then. Sly Just a joke!!

Bear in mind that cultural background determines what we are eating on the table. Before you comment on this, you should think about respecting other people's culture or country. Do you feed Muslim with pork? Of course you don't. But do you question why their Quran told them not to eat pork? Should we follow their belief? Of course we don't because we are not Muslims. Same offence goes to you guys saying that Korean or certain races are uncivilised because they eat DOGS as this is against the general comments that DOGS ARE MEN BEST FRIENDS.

Who should determine which animals should be served on the table?? I cannot feel sorry to the shark which its fins is served on the table. Orelse, i have to feel sorry to chicken,lamb, pork, beef,turkey,duck,fish..etc. I am not a saint and I eat everything that comes to my table.

Last comment, I don't agree with your points but this does not mean i ear DOGS.

Bless all animals!

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 26, 2006, 7:11 AM

Post #14 of 21 (3720 views)
Shortcut

Agree, no matter what style you use to kill them also they will die. Unless you don't attend the class then you can save another creature.Cool No question for your love on animals. Save animal wisely, not blindly.

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 26, 2006, 10:25 PM

Post #15 of 21 (3710 views)
Shortcut

about tat shark fin issue.....u definately cannot compare it to chicken or pig or a cow...

the way of dying is different.....u should take a look @ d documentary show....

as for chicken,.....they r being slaughter fast n quickly....they die off fast....

but as for shark...these r some of d things happen...n i do feel terribly bad.

1) their population decreasing over the year ... due to over hunting

2) no one domestically breed them n they soon going 2 extinct

3) those fisherman juz caught the shark up.....chop of their fin while they r still alive n then dump it back to the ocean.....n they were bleed to death...

don't u think its a serious abuse!!

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on May 26, 2006, 10:26 PM)

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 26, 2006, 11:42 PM

Post #16 of 21 (3703 views)
Shortcut

Ah moi, all animals are the same regardless what style you use to kill them. Do they not suffer before they die? Hey, you have to see how the fresh market slaughter the chicken. Do you think they have a slow and more comfortable way of dying?Pirate

On one hand you said you have equal love for all animals and you are sad for how people kill the lab mice. However, all these animals are dying because of our sake, whether they are shark or chicken or mice. Now you say chicken and other beings are not comparable to shark? This is totally ambiguous.

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand your concern to save the animal that is going to extinct. However, i cannot agree with you saying about one animal is not comparable to another. Also, majority of people chose to become a vegetarian because of health or religion issues. I have not heard about any cases which a person stop eating meat because they have superb love of all beings in this world, whether they are chicken, pig, cow..etc

BTW, don't believe whatever the documentary show tells you. Most of them are fake..heheh.. No offence

ppdcdm

May 27, 2006, 9:48 AM

Post #17 of 21 (3691 views)
Shortcut

There are chickens which their beak get cut in farms.

There are cows which they dig out their insides through their necks ALIVE then thrown out of the slaughtering machine, still ALIVE, struggeling & get kicked with bloods by the slaughterer.

There are sheeps which get abused & kicked & killed in front of each other.

ALL animals having their sad story. DONT EAT MEAT if u & others really pity of them.

www.peta.com find out more.

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 30, 2006, 6:23 PM

Post #18 of 21 (3649 views)
Shortcut

i'm feel sad of d lab mice, becoz it happen right in front of my eyes....n i think as a university wit full of educated ppl,.... lab mice should be killed humanely, not by juz knocking @ d bench....

as 4 those farm....ya. i know they must be some kind of abuse that v didn't realized....

but v juz hope to do what v manage too.... shark r going extinct...but chicken n cow which r being dometicated r not....

its hard to educate ppl 2 appreciate animals.....since they r many abuse still happening.....but i hope 2 do wat i manage to....

n i believe there r some ppl out there who become vegan becoz they r concern wit animals.....although it might be juz one in a thousand.... but still there are...

btw, do u know it means by documentary....its not a movie or drama plz....

eventhough u r not concern wit this issue....u couldn't juz said that i'm wrong....

Pacco de Mongrel

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 30, 2006, 8:24 PM

Post #19 of 21 (3639 views)
Shortcut

"UFO", "Loch Ness Monster" are all documented. You can say to Discovery Channel that they are making a movie, not a documentary. "Da vincci code" is a fake, yet there are millions of people believing the story. I am looking at an issue as a general public, because i am not the person fully involved in WWF or Animal Saver.

You are twisting my points. I did not say that i do not concern about animals. My points earlier on was to argue that "we should not boycott one nation because they are eating dogs -cultural reasons lie behind the eating habit". Then i went to the point about "sharkfin". This is the example that i am using to tell the many people here, mainly chinese, that eating habit comes from our culture. If you want to criticise a nation because they are eating dogs, you can criticise chinese for eating everything, criticise japanese because they serve sashimi from live fish, crticise South African because they eat Apes. These points are not directed to you, it's directed to Julie for her to understand the reasons behind my comments.

You went on saying that shark n chick are different because chicken is domestically breeded. Does this mean if dogs are domestically breeded, you will consume them as well? Certainly you will not.

BTW, I did not say that you are wrong. I said I do not agree with your points because you kept saying one animal is different from another one. Therefore, i explained to you that equality to the love for all animals.

About the vegetarian issue, i said clearly that i have not heard about any cases for people becoming vegetarian because of their love for animals. I did not say there isn't any cases or there will not be any. Feel free to share with us if you have friends who is a vegetarian because of this reason. BTW, do you love animals enough to become a vegetarian?? I do not, at least at this point of time.

One thing i do not like about forum is that people tend to misinterpret the meaning before reading it carefully. You should re-read my message and understand my reply better before assuming my points. I do not like the way you say "do u know it means by documentary....its not a movie or drama plz.... ". This shows to me that you are inmature and do not understand what you are talking about.

I made my mistake once simply talk about something without knowing the reason behind and therefore, i apologize. Most people do not do this and keep on arguing and kena hantam kao kao later by other members. Pirate

No offence to you, Amanda! Just hope to make my points clear enough that people don't come back to me again and go on with the issue.

Adius!!!

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 30, 2006, 10:47 PM

Post #20 of 21 (3627 views)
Shortcut

da vinci is a movie,...so obviously its a fiction.....those who believe it....is ofcoz inmature...as u had describe about me.....

i said documentary is not a movie....so y u said i'm immature....

d documentary featuring da vinci...is juz merely discussing d da vinci movie issue....they didn;t said that d story is real....

anyhow....since i'm not a christian...i oso do not think that d bible is true...

becoz v r dog lover....ofcoz we hated ppl who eat dogs.....

so if got other being human eater....u oso wan 2 say its juz their culture...n v should not stop them??

culture doesn't mean u have d right to do so......

Pacco de Mongrel

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

May 31, 2006, 10:27 PM

Post #21 of 21 (3605 views)
Shortcut

It is clear to me that you are not reading every single lines of my comments.

BTW, you are going to far from the issue. Man eater?? Come on....

I will stop from now. Unless people come back to me with new issues.

Adius!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my