Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Barking collar

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 13, 2001, 9:03 PM

Post #1 of 11 (8899 views)
Shortcut
Barking collar Can't Post

Can anyone tell me where i can get barking collar that is supposed to be able to eliminate barking problems on dog.
I've tried a lot of ways to stop this problem but no success so far. Can anyone recommend any solution ???
Thanx a lot .

Khoobg
Webmaster

Dec 5, 2001, 12:59 AM

Post #2 of 11 (8881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anonymous] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

BTW has anyone used barking collar and are thet really effective ?

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 5, 2001, 2:57 AM

Post #3 of 11 (8878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Very effective, but bloody cruel. A barking collar is basically charged by a dry cell with high DC voltage and when a dog starts to bark it sends a shock to the dog and the poor fellow doesn't even know for what reasons. Here is an extract from excessive barking."Barking is, of course, a natural response for many dogs. They have an inherited predisposition to bark as an alarm when other dogs or people approach their territory. Alarm barking makes many dogs valuable as household watchdogs and is not necessarily undesirable behavior. Only in the most extreme situations may owners encourage the use of electric shock collars for correcting a dog's misbehavior. In addition to the barking collar, there is this sound-wave bark control collars that emit a noise that is inaudible to man but discomforting to the canine. These should not be used without professional supervision."
I know where these two items could be purchased, but I incline to reveal the suppliers, because, firstly it is very expensive, just not worth your money. However, if the dog is really a non-stop barker and it is quite old and also difficult to introduce corrective training, why not have him de-barked by a vet for RM200. By doing so you have solved one problem,but also created one. That is your dog is U.S for jaga pintu.
Regards.

ck_yap
Novice

Dec 5, 2001, 6:19 AM

Post #4 of 11 (8871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

I've asked the same thing before and how come no reply ??? :)
Anyway .... there's another type of barking collar called citronella spray collar, which when the dog barks ,a light mist of citronella is released in front of your dog’s nose. Because dogs dislike the harmless scent and the sound of the spray, most dogs will quickly learn not to bark in order to avoid these effects. Go to this url to read up on shock collar vs citronella collar. www.nomorebarking.com/Pages/jaahastudy.html

Derrickok
Novice

Dec 5, 2001, 8:28 AM

Post #5 of 11 (8866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ck_yap] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr.ck_yap,
I know you have posted similar question before. The reason I did not reply is because, a dog is meant to bark just like a hen is meant to lay eggs.

ck_yap
Novice

Dec 6, 2001, 10:42 PM

Post #6 of 11 (8859 views)
Shortcut

Hehe ..... I'm just joking lar :) Anyway i understand what you meant, just that sometimes i need the dog to be quiet because temporarily my dog is living in an apartment. Anyway do you have any method to teach the dog not to bark when i need her to be quiet ???

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Dec 6, 2001, 10:55 PM

Post #7 of 11 (8856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ck_yap] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ck..

My doggie is also living in an apartment..could you share with me how you deal with your doggie shee shee?? What methods did you use to house train her??

Thanks

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

ck_yap
Novice

Dec 6, 2001, 11:30 PM

Post #8 of 11 (8852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Rainbow, sad to say .... my bulldog is still not completely housebroken yet. When she's chained, there's a big metal plate near her taken from the bottom of a cage. She would deposit her sheeh sheeh and pooh pooh there but not consistently. Bring her into the toilet when u sense she's going to do her business which means u have to supervise your dog till she's done her business. Do you use those neutralizer to clean up the smell ? I still haven't buy it but gonna buy it soon. Will let u know the results :)

randyteh
Novice

Dec 20, 2001, 7:21 AM

Post #9 of 11 (8846 views)
Shortcut

ahhhaaaa, i think those collar are cruel too. but my lab is special enough. It won't barke at outside people. she will hide from outside people. but when she see me or my younger brother she will barke non stop. she will only barke at house members and not strangers. im afraid that she won't barke at strangers and not brave enough to go out in the future
randy

jason
Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2001, 6:23 PM

Post #10 of 11 (8838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [randyteh] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't worry Randy ... like my boxer, when she was just a few months old, she saw a cat or other dogs on the road, she scared and tried to run away. But, now, she is more brave and will try to play with them and finally I hope when she is adult, she will be able to be my home guard!!!

regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

kentwoo
New User

Dec 20, 2001, 6:45 PM

Post #11 of 11 (8836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [randyteh] Barking collar [In reply to] Can't Post

Your lab bark at you because she is asking for your attention. Reason that she doesn't bark at outsider is possibly she is too shy at this stage. You need to socialize your dog with others more often. Take her for a walk at some park to interact with others and the condition will improve. Some dog are born with such characteristic and it is difficult to change a shy dog to become an aggresive dog. This has something to do with its bloodline.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my