Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
where to buy puppy at kl?

estherchan
Novice

May 13, 2006, 2:44 AM

Post #1 of 13 (3995 views)
Shortcut
where to buy puppy at kl? Can't Post

i want to buy puppy ..anyone know where to get a puppy at kl?pet shop.^^cheap,nice and cute puppy...^^ please tell me.thank you.i finding local dogs....not oversea .expansive.^^ thanks for your help.or you are selling dogs..also can tell me.kl only ok?i finding small dogs.toy poodle(i don wan minature poodle just small poodle),shih tzu,silky terrie,maltese,papilion.

(This post was edited by estherchan on May 13, 2006, 8:15 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

May 13, 2006, 2:53 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estherchan] where to buy puppy at kl? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I strongly not recomending you to post your contact number in public forum enquire for buying puppy. This will only attract those backyard breeder or irresponsible breeder selling puppy to you.

Please take your time to get your dream puppy by calling MKA at 03-77297822 for reputable breeder reference. Don't rush into buying a puppy, take your time. OK

Hope this help.

estherchan
Novice

May 13, 2006, 8:21 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] where to buy puppy at kl? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi chrisong,thanks for telling me.^^ can i ask 1 thing?what is MKA i don know what is it and breed or breeder...can tell me?i not really know about this thing ..u are silky terrie fan?u have many silky terrie?^^ i love silky terrie also.by the way where u bought your dog ?u from kl also?can i be your friend?nice to meet u.^^Blush

chrisong
Doggyman

May 13, 2006, 9:45 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3978 views)
Shortcut

Hi estherchan,

Sure we can be friendWink I from KL & I love dog especially Silky Terrier. I currently owned 5 Silkies. You can check my photos gallery of all my Silkies.

For more information about MKA please click the link below:-

http://www.mka.org.my/home.htm

ppdcdm

May 14, 2006, 4:40 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3965 views)
Shortcut

calling MKA means the breeder is registered, doesnt mean RESPONSIBLE. im sure chrisong is registered under MKA too. Tongue u can get his contact if u call MKA wat. try post ur e-mail add here, u will get more options, further more u can screen through who is good breeder urself, MKA wont scren through for u.

chrisong
Doggyman

May 14, 2006, 5:59 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] where to buy puppy at kl? [In reply to] Can't Post

ppdcdm,

Did I say Breeder that register with MKA a responsible breeder??? Did I register with MKA as a breeder??? hmmm....How come I don't know??? If you want to contact me I can give you my phone number, I have no problem with that you no need go tru a the trouble to call MKA.Wink

How you going to know by posting your personal number here only good breeder will contact him/her???Angelic

Just to be safe, it is the best option to call MKA for reference. Not by posting your contact number in the public forum to attract irresponsible breeders knocking at your door selling puppy to you.

estherchan
Novice

May 14, 2006, 9:43 AM

Post #7 of 13 (3957 views)
Shortcut

hi chrisong.sorry to late reply.^^ thanks for being my friends.by the way..i want to buy silky terrie ..where u buy your dog?and how much?can tell me some details.^^thanks.^^Laugh

ppdcdm

May 14, 2006, 11:23 AM

Post #8 of 13 (3956 views)
Shortcut

i dono anything abt u, & i don have to answer for u la ok, im juz replying to other ppl. never wana contact u oso. y u oways so perasan 1?

i never say ONLY good breeder will contact him/her wat. chrisong i find tht u r very offensive & like to accuse ppl la. & im not replying to u, if he/she don understand can ask me, y r u so busy abt?

(This post was edited by ppdcdm on May 14, 2006, 11:26 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

May 14, 2006, 5:41 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3950 views)
Shortcut

Hi estherWink

My Silkies was brought from a taiping breeder. But too bad they no more breeding their silkies for few years now. As I mention early in my posted message to you, you can get a list of reputable breeder from M.K.A as your reference. Do visit them and talk to them, & remember don't rush into buying a puppy when you see them, All puppy are cute just take your time and search for one you think you are getting from the right responsible breeder.

Good LuckWink

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 15, 2006, 10:41 PM

Post #10 of 13 (3927 views)
Shortcut

i think u must be new in this dog community....

usually dogs that u found from petshop are from backyard breeder or puppy mills....

which means that they vast reproduce dog irresponsibly....the dam and sire might not be healthy at all.....

the female had to keep on breeding all year long, non-stop....

so if you buy those puppy, you might ended up getting an unhealthy one...n contributing to puppymills too....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Duck
Novice

Jun 29, 2006, 9:41 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] where to buy puppy at kl? [In reply to] Can't Post

FYI, Pets Wonderland is different.

They have their own in-house vets to scan through puppies before taking them from breeders (local). All their puppies in the shop is taken care by a vet should they have any health issues.

They have one vet in Mid Valley's pet shop and another who goes to both Great Eastern Mall and One Utama.

I don't know how other Pet Shops run their business but most of the smaller ones do NOT have a dedicated vet. As for other bigger shops, i have no idea. I know for Pets Wonderland only. And I am NOT working / advertising for them here. But just thought that when one singles out pet shops, there are some out there whom are responsible.

FYI, Pacific Vet owns both Pets Wonderland and also Healing Room.

I think its a safe place to buy your pet there. But some desease cannot be detected directly, so theres the problem.

And if you think buying from breeders are all good? think twice too... If a good pet shop like Pets Wonderland reject his puppies, who do you think he'll sell them to? And i'm sure most of you do not go to a breeder to buy dogs with a vet right?

On the other hand, there are good and responsible breeders as well... so, just don't categorize everybody in a bad/good category. There is always two sides of a coin.

Want to buy a healthy pet? look for responsible pet shops or breeders. It is not necessary all breeders are responsible or all pet shops buys from puppy mills. Frown You just need to know your source well.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 30, 2006, 4:39 AM

Post #12 of 13 (3796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Duck] where to buy puppy at kl? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Duck,

Based on the above statement. Do you mean that Petwonderland take puppies for responsible breeders & will reject those poor quality puppies???

Duck
Novice

Jun 30, 2006, 5:10 PM

Post #13 of 13 (3787 views)
Shortcut

Chrisong,

Yes. all local dogs are examined before taken aboard. But i do not know how their imported ones come in though, because the dogs will come in via flight and i doubt they can be examined overseas by their own vets.

But dogs that comes in from overseas are kept in a separate area in one of their pet shop though, for health examination. Should the puppy be healthy, it will be displayed. Otherwise kept in their quarantin area. Their managers also told me if the dog has had health problem before, before selling it. That is to protect themselves as they have already made known to you the medical history of the dog and you buy at your own risk/judgement.

Btw in general, i think dogs coming in from overseas without proper certs are not recognised by MKA. And, most of the dogs that come in from overseas are usually those that were over-bred as their Kennels issues only 'x' amount of certificates. So, beware buying imported dogs. If you must, check if the dog is certified by their Kennel and also recognised by MKA. Otherwise, no dog shows for you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my