Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
shih tzu + pomeranian = ?

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

May 11, 2006, 5:10 PM

Post #1 of 17 (7835 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu + pomeranian = ? Can't Post

Hi there, do anyone have a picture of a puppy mixed up by shih tzu n pomeranian? And how if a adult dog age around 7 years old pregnant? Isn't a risk there??? Crazy

Can someone help me out with this question?

Thank a Lot

~Purwhitegal~

GOD bless HAPPY

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 11, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #2 of 17 (7827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [purwhitegal] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

OH, 7 years pregnant, there is a risk. It is like a 50 year old woman being pregnant. The dog will have a hard time during birth. Best discuss with a vet. Accident mating?

Pom mix shih tzu... no pics but I can roughly tell you how the pups can be like.

They will be small size dogs, all the puppies will not be the same. Some may have fur like a shih tzu, some like a pomeranian. They will have the shih tzu head but the muzzle might be longer instead of flat and short. Colour can follow either one of the parents. Do expect their fur to be longish like a shih tzu but texture can be like a pomeranians.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

ppdcdm

May 11, 2006, 11:56 PM

Post #3 of 17 (7812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

... ... ... Pirate

mikichua
Novice

May 12, 2006, 12:12 AM

Post #4 of 17 (7809 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I saw one in a pet shop in Petaling Street..opposite Tamiya shop.

ppdcdm

May 12, 2006, 12:34 AM

Post #5 of 17 (7804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikichua] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

so, is it "small size, all the puppies not be the same. Some have fur like a shih tzu, some like a pomeranian. have the shih tzu head but the muzzle might be longer instead of flat and short. Colour follow either one of the parents. their fur longish like a shih tzu but texture like a pomeranians. " ?Tongue

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 12, 2006, 3:49 AM

Post #6 of 17 (7795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

pom mix shih tzu... the pups can either look more like a pom with a bit of shih tzu features, or more like shih tzu with a bit of pom features. I have seen before 2 pups, suppose to be MS mix silky terrier. One looks like silky terrier but with MS fur a bit, another looks like MS but with silky terrier head and the fur is like silky terrier.

I have seen shih tzu mix with MS. Looks like shih tzu colour but with MS textured fur and a longish muzzle.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 12, 2006, 7:25 AM

Post #7 of 17 (7785 views)
Shortcut

www.dogbreedinfo.com/shiranian.htm

A link with some pictures. As you can see, puppies from this mixbreed can have the pomeranian colour or the shih tzu colour. Note the fur texture is different from a pure shih tzu and the muzzle is longer and sharper than a shih tzu.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 12, 2006, 7:34 AM

Post #8 of 17 (7784 views)
Shortcut

More pictures

www.karenscountrykennels.com/images/IMG_0249.JPG

www.karenscountrykennels.com/sitebuilder/images/Elmo-265x233.jpg

ppdcdm

May 12, 2006, 8:56 PM

Post #9 of 17 (7780 views)
Shortcut

"pom mix shih tzu... the pups can either look more like a pom with a bit of shih tzu features, or more like shih tzu with a bit of pom features."

well A mix B of coz will be a mixture of A & b...

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

May 13, 2006, 10:04 PM

Post #10 of 17 (7757 views)
Shortcut

Hi yyh,

Thank a lot for ur information n the picture abt the mixed breed shih tzu and pom...I think i got a idea how the puppy looks like. I prefer the one look more like shih tzu,with more fur....i really worry it will happen to my doggies, now vet said need to bring back the pom after a month later for more detail check up.

One day,wen i wake up i didnt saw the shih tzu boy,really no idea how is the naughty boy go into the cage that i had locked tightly which my pom inside quietly...Crazy. Anyway i hope she is not pregnant coz she is already 7 years old, somemore this pom's mom death coz after give birth to her and sista (which is different breed,maybe the size too big). ..I hope to have puppys from my doggie but i also worry abt the death from them..

Thank again ya for ur info

Purwhitegal

GOD bless HAPPY

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

May 13, 2006, 10:11 PM

Post #11 of 17 (7756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikichua] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi mikichua,

Really a pom mix shih tzu dog there? How them looks like?? Isn't wat like yyh posted the website with some picture??? i hope to go there .....

purwhitegal

GOD bless HAPPY

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 14, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #12 of 17 (7753 views)
Shortcut

Hi Purwhitegal

OH, so it was an accident breeding... well, I hope nothing complicated comes up since she is senior already. Hahah.... sometimes dogs, they will do all they can to get to a female on heat. I even had a dog that gotten stuck in the gate bars because of a female on heat and we had to saw the gate to release him.

Do keep us updated.

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

May 15, 2006, 6:46 AM

Post #13 of 17 (7739 views)
Shortcut

Elo yyh,

Hahahaha, funny dogs. Thats y i feel weird wen i realised that the shih tzu inside the cage with pom. Crazy The male dog really lost control wen they know female dog on heat.....Now everday i need to tight up the shih tzu at the living area and pom keep inside my room, hope won't poo n pee in my room.... No choice n really dunno how to seperated them, n i think this is the best way for me to do that.

Purwhitegal

GOD bless HAPPY MISS U BABY

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

Jul 18, 2006, 12:01 AM

Post #14 of 17 (7633 views)
Shortcut

Hello yyh,

after 2 month adi, the vet said that my pomeranian din pregnant, don have the sign of small like " ping pong balls" at her stomach ...luckly she din pregnant. Hehehehehe....

Thank a lots for ur advise and info...

Purwhitegal

GOD bless HAPPY

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #15 of 17 (7630 views)
Shortcut

Oh... luckily it was a false alarm heheheh...

claylu

Oct 3, 2006, 12:18 AM

Post #16 of 17 (7572 views)
Shortcut

hi....My home also the same thing happened 4 times...and my female pomeranian is now 10 yrs old just gave birth of the 4th time. No worry la...nothing will happen...and the puppies' colour normally will follow father side....l am sure it is long fur than mother but most of the pup features look like father just maybe body size bigger a bit...like mother...

Good Luck and hope to hear good news from u again

email me if got any news from u ok

claylu

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

Jun 5, 2007, 12:14 AM

Post #17 of 17 (7262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [claylu] shih tzu + pomeranian = ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Sorry for my late...late..late reply. Im didn't checked my mail as im too busy. Thank for ur info... Few months ago, my male shih tzu had did the same thing to my female pom. And now she is getting fatter, the vet checked and said no sign of pregnant..but im worried cos she is fat Crazy..really dunno whather is a good sign or bad sign..LoL.

Anyway thank ya..

Take care

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my