Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
problems with brushing my doggie's teeth

wenwen
Enthusiast

May 7, 2006, 10:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1050 views)
Shortcut
problems with brushing my doggie's teeth Can't Post

Hi all! I hav problems brushin roccio's teeth.he doesnt wnna sit stil n he struggles when i try brushin his teeth.

Can anyone plz tell me the right way to hold a dog's mouth open to brush it's teeth & how do i keep him stil.

And what's the right way to brush dog's teeth? do we do it like the way we brush our own teeth? how long should i brush its teeth at 1 time? 2minutes ?

irenec
Enthusiast

May 12, 2006, 12:45 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wenwen] problems with brushing my doggie's teeth [In reply to] Can't Post

hi wenwen,

not sure whether my way is correct or not. but this was what my vet taught me previously when i first got mine.

he said it's not neccessary to use the doggie brush. you can use cotton balls or wads to clean the teeth. well, since your roccio is still young, it's always a good time to start training him. i know how difficult it is when i first tried on mine. think most puppies are like that but after much struggles and all, now she lets me do it with minimum fuss.

you can also get those chewy hides and bones for your roccio to chew on. it helps in cleaning the teeth too.

wenwen
Enthusiast

May 12, 2006, 6:56 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] problems with brushing my doggie's teeth [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi irenec,

thanks alot on ur tips...ya guess it nids time for him 2 get used to it jz lyk gettin him used to groomin..

jz started giving him back greenies...previously i stop for few weeks cos he had allergy..so the vet ask me to stop all treats to

find out the cause of allergy...since it's nt greenies...he can enjoy his greenies again loo..he's so happy nw tat he got his greenies back...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my