Active Golden Retriever

johntim
Novice

May 3, 2006, 6:31 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1775 views)
Shortcut
Active Golden Retriever Can't Post

Hi all i need some advice,

I adopted a golden retreiver 8 months for few day. He very active, the below is the behaviour:-

1)He will dig hole at night (a big hole, maybe dig for diamond ? hehe)

2)He jump here and there when i lossen the chain after back from walk.

3)He like to bite me and my Gf even though is not painfull.

4)He dont like to drink water itself and wait for me to feed him.

So just wanna ask are this consider normal or it hyper active ... need some guidance how to control him and train him. I am new to golden retriever dog but i am dog Lover :p

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 19, 2006, 10:25 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johntim] Active Golden Retriever [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi john, i'm not sure about the digging-hole part but perhaps you should unleash him at home and only leash him when you're out with him. I had a dog that my grandma used to put a chain on him and he gets uncontrollable when we untie him. Also about the biting part, i think he's just being playful (GR is the most playful dog) and try to get him some toy and put it between his mouth whenever he tries to bite you or your gf. That will teach him something. Thats what we did to out GR as well. About the drinking water, i think its better to let him drink by himself so he won't always rely on you. As for my GR whenever he doesn't wanna eat his food during his meal time, we always put his food away and only give it to him later. This is to teach him that 'its up to him to eat..if he doesn't want it then he won't have it until next time'. Smile and eventually he knows that he has to eat when the time comes Wink

(This post was edited by julie83 on May 19, 2006, 10:27 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my