Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
ShihTzu smelly. Need advice

princess205
Novice

May 2, 2006, 9:56 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1356 views)
Shortcut
ShihTzu smelly. Need advice Can't Post

I need help on my Shih Tzu.. He is about 7 mth old.. previously wen i bathe for him he can last about 1 week but now not anymore... he gets smelly easily...even after i bathe for him within the next few hours he's back to his old smell...my mum can't stand it..the place where i took him for grooming they didn't get to clear his ear due to my doggy will bite them and they can't handle him.. can anyone advice me? if not then recommend me to grooming in penang which can groom ya baby well..

meiyoong

May 8, 2006, 3:10 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princess205] ShihTzu smelly. Need advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Princess,

Mayb first u need to check whether your shih tzu smelly smell is from the body or from its face. Sometimes shih tzu face tends to have a smell due to its tears that wet its face. If it is from the body, mayb u can change other shampoo brand.Smile

sallychuah
Canine Addict

May 11, 2006, 10:04 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princess205] ShihTzu smelly. Need advice [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Ya, some breed gets smelly easily but u have to find out why n where the smell come from. For shih Tzu's most of them get smelly bcoz of their wet face as meiyoong said. Try to clean his face as frequent as possible, just wipe with a clean cloth. Paws maybe the cause too. Clean where he sleep too. As for the ear, may be u can try to clean urself by using ear solution n pluck his ear's hair if he let u. Or u can try to send hm to other grooming centre. I know a place which done a good grooming but u have to book appt coz she's always full. It's behind Island Hospital, I dun think I can tell u the name of the place so u have to go look for the shop urself.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my