Gathering at Genting Highlands

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 2, 2006, 7:04 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Gathering at Genting Highlands Can't Post

Dear Forumers,

I would like to propose a gathering for our furkids on this coming public holiday in conjunction with Birthday of SPB Yang di-Pertuan Agong. Anyone interested to pamper their furkids?
  • Date: 3rd June, 2006 (Saturday)
  • Time: 11am onwards...
  • Venue: Mushroom Park, Genting Highlands

I went up the hill last week during Labour Day and my LEO is more famous than American Idol with the attention received from the public, except the Bumiputras where I have to bear with their "One Kind of Look" but that's not the case as I was very fortunate to bump into Malay Police Officers who are on duty and they love him so much...

Anyway, I happened to bump into Ek Yee Kennel the owner of Mushroom Park who breed pure German Shepard and I did not face any problem accessing their garden. I attached my photos as proof...

In the meantime, I am still waiting for authorization from Starbuck Coffee at the Lobby of First World Hotel for this outing. I am more than happy should the approval is granted so we can sit down for a cup of tea.

Please include your name for those who are interested and I shall keep everyone posted with the latest development in due course.

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown
- Pekingese & Lhasa Apso -
Attachments: Waterfall.jpg (40.3 KB)
  Mushroom.jpg (76.5 KB)

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 2, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leo_ShihTzu] Gathering at Genting Highlands [In reply to] Can't Post

would like to know if bigger dogs can take part also??

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 2, 2006, 7:43 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Gathering at Genting Highlands [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
would like to know if bigger dogs can take part also??

Geez,

Good question. I think breeds like German Shepard, Boxer, Bullmastiff, Doberman, Bulldog, Great Dane, Rottweiler, Dalmation are strongly restricted ("Without Prejudice"). However, breeds like Golden Retriever or Labrador should be ok due to their friendly temperament.

Actually I don't foresee any problem in sizes but temperament is the utmost important, considering going to a park with playing kids... so CONTROL is the key measure to prevent possible unforeseen circumstances...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 2, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2249 views)
Shortcut

Dear Forumers,

GOOD NEWS! Approval is granted as I've spoken to Marketing Manager of Starbucks Coffee a moment ago and happened to be a very nice lady to talk with. However, the BAD NEWS is Starbucks required an Official Letter before they could obtain further authorization from landlord, Genting Bhd.

Phew! What a sweat and allow me an ample time to update latest news to your attention for further consideration in due course. In the meantime, append below are the conditions required by Starbucks.
  • Only allowed up to maximum of 10 dogs at one time
  • Dogs must be leashed to the rail provided and must be supervise by owners AT ALL TIME
  • Accept only Responsible Dog Owner (clean pee & poo)

Forumers, please confirm your participation as the numbers are limited and moreoever the permission by Starbucks are meant for 1-day only once arrangement is confirmed. Which means we can only go on the day applied!! Therefore I need the final headcount before I could release a letter to Starbucks & Genting Bhd. Let's keep our finger crossed!

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 3, 2006, 12:08 AM

Post #5 of 12 (2221 views)
Shortcut

Dear Forumers,

LATEST UPDATES but BAD NEWS!

Genting Berhad has rejected Starbucks Coffee's appeal to allow dogs even outside area of cafeteria. I've also tried to check with Coffee Bean and they no longer accepting Pets anymore.

Therefore, the gathering will be restricted to Mushroom Park only. Please let me know if anyone of you is still interested to go...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

(This post was edited by Leo_ShihTzu on May 3, 2006, 12:12 AM)

simpson
Dog Kichi

May 4, 2006, 7:20 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2171 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Would like to join the gathering but having few questions....

We can onli bring our furkid to mushroom park? How abt other places?

Hows the environment in mushroom park? Is it possible to unleash them n let them play around?

Can i bring 2 dogs? JRT and Toy Poodle?

Regards

Simpson

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 4, 2006, 9:53 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simpson] Gathering at Genting Highlands [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi,

Would like to join the gathering but having few questions....

We can onli bring our furkid to mushroom park? How abt other places?

Hows the environment in mushroom park? Is it possible to unleash them n let them play around?

Can i bring 2 dogs? JRT and Toy Poodle?

Regards

Simpson

Simpson,

You can bring your Jack Russell Terrier & Toy Poodle but aggressive/vicious dogs like German Shepard/Rottweiler/Doberman/Bullmastiff (even if they're muzzled) is absolute no-no knowing the possibilities of hurting others and considering other kids are playing at Mushroom Park as well. We don't wish to frighten them, do we? Therefore I strongly suggest not to unleash your dog in Mushroom Park due to its public area and moreover the surrounding area are not fenced. I am worry that your dog will run wild into rainforest nearby. Hehehe... just kidding. How I wish Uncle Lim Goh Tong build a playground within the vicinity...

I can only think of the Mini Waterfall near to Resorts Hotel but the area is quite small to accommodate our capacity. Another ideal location is the Mini Garden behind Theme Park Hotel. The only "open space" available is Helipad, near to Bus Stand at First World Hotel but I can't be sure if we're able to let our furkids roam freely.

In the meantime, let's see how the demand in participation goes and if the figures are promising, I shall write officially to owner of Ek Yee Kennel at Mushroom Park in order to allow us a designate place so that our furkids can roam around freely without having to worry of further consequences which will be faced at a later time b'coz my last appeal to Starbucks were rejected by Genting BUT please bear in mind that application is subjected to approval...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 4, 2006, 11:44 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2147 views)
Shortcut

I suddenly think of http://www.genting.com.my/...s/chinswee/index.htm but I'm wondering if we're allow to bring along our pets into holy place like this.

Please give some enlightenment. Sorry coz I'm a free-thinker...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

josc
Dog Kichi

May 19, 2006, 4:33 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2080 views)
Shortcut

hmm... how's the arrangement?

More on Nikyi & Xinde @ www.dogster.com/?223131

hassvin
Novice

May 19, 2006, 11:02 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2065 views)
Shortcut

yes.. good idea. i wan to bring my GR to genting last time, but i scare later security halau me so i cancel tis trip. now got a gathering event at genting, sure i will join. may i knw how many dog owners confirm to join tis gathering ? and mostly wat breeds of dog they bring to.. i pai sei later all is small breed then only mine is GR.

Leo_ShihTzu
Novice

May 20, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hassvin] Gathering at Genting Highlands [In reply to] Can't Post

josc/hassvin:

Glad to hear your strong interest. Anyway, I am yet to draft itinerary and not even an application letter is submitted to Ek Yee Kennel @ Mushroom Park at this present moment of time because I thought no members are interested to participate. Frown Therefore I decided to give up on this event without further arrangement due to lack of demand and I might be planning to stay overnight at Cameron Highlands with my family and our furkids, too.

So regret that not much info can be updated currently. Unless there are some changes around the corner within due course, I'm still able to consider in bringing this up again. Do not hesitate to let me know...

Cheerz
Leo the Shih Tzu Frown

hassvin
Novice

May 20, 2006, 9:37 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2049 views)
Shortcut

SAD !!!!!!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my