Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Kepong Metropolitan Park

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 2, 2006, 6:41 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2887 views)
Shortcut
Kepong Metropolitan Park Can't Post

The Datuk Bandar said City Hall had also identified a 0.4ha site at a corner of the park to be turned into a place where dog lovers could bring their pets to while they exercised in the area.

"They can exercise with their dog. We will have to fence up the place in case the dogs are unleashed. We will contract out the place, so users will pay for the services rendered by the provider,” Datuk Ruslin Hasan said.

http://allmalaysia.info/...513564&sec=mi_kl

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

mugmug
Novice

May 6, 2006, 7:20 AM

Post #2 of 11 (2832 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

good news, finally we have a place that officially allow our furkids, please keep us update

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 10, 2006, 2:14 AM

Post #3 of 11 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mugmug] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

it had been officially published in sin chew jit poh, tat this news is indeed true.

last 2 months i had by-pass d park.... it definately a huge one.... but still yet to open to visitor

not sure when will it be officially open.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

chrisong
Doggyman

May 10, 2006, 5:10 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Please read this line on the acticle.

“They can exercise with their dog. We will have to fence up the place in case the dogs are unleashed. We will contract out the place, so users will pay for the services rendered by the provider,” he said.

If there are no people taking up the place. Thats mean it still not comfirmUnsure

fioncheng123
Novice

Jul 25, 2006, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to the park yesterday and no sight of any "dog zone" set up yet. It's a beautiful park and I wish so much that my little puppy can roam freely~~. I moved to Malaysia about 1 year ago from Canada and just can't get used to this not-so-dog-friendly kind of environment. Frown I didn't realize Muslim has so many taboos against man's best friend until I got here......I try to find a park where my dog can play. But everywhere I see the dog-forbbiden sign... Really feel said for my dog....

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 26, 2006, 5:13 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fioncheng123] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Most dog park here are No to dogs!!! This is sad

ChaCha
Dog Kichi

Jul 28, 2006, 9:12 PM

Post #7 of 11 (2533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

any updates on the park? if no one wants to take up the space, do u think puppy.com could take it up?TongueTongue or mayb puppy.com members could do something
Cha Cha & Yuki's blog

The Animal Rescue Site
Golden Retriever Meetup

HELP! Cha Cha is MISSING!!

fioncheng123
Novice

Aug 7, 2006, 8:01 PM

Post #8 of 11 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ChaCha] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

I went there 2 days ago and still, no signs of any "doggie zone" setup. However, I did see some dog owners took their beloved ones out there and played. I guess it doesn't matter now.....Although we are breaking the law (Is it?) but no one seems to care...Our doggies need FREEDOM!!!!!!!

bbqueeniez
New User

Aug 14, 2006, 6:52 PM

Post #9 of 11 (2451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fioncheng123] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

I went there once with my baby last few weeks... We walked a bit and not long after that, a security came on his motorbike and wanted us to leave... He sounded impolite and harsh... I was really disappointed and sad.... We got up 7am in the morning and went all the way there but in the end, we were chased out as we're not welcomed.... Kinda annoying too..... Sigh.... Pls pardon me, but most of msia's leaders can talk but no actions... It's awfully annoying and disappointing...
bbqueeniez.blogspot.com

chaiwoon

Aug 14, 2006, 7:49 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbqueeniez] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!!... The dog zone is not ready yet and sad to say, most of the park in m'sia does not allow dogs.. in fact there is a sign saying 'no pet allowed' at the entrance of the Metropolitan Park.

I also brought my boy to the park before coz we wanna check out the doggie zone. We carried our dogs and asked the guard bout dog zone before entering the park and was told that the zone is not ready.. And to our suprise, the guard allowed us to walk our furkids in the park, but that's just for the last time. since then we did not bring any dogs to the park dy coz it is not allowed.
www.dogster.com/?378834

fioncheng123
Novice

Aug 14, 2006, 9:15 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] Kepong Metropolitan Park [In reply to] Can't Post

HI:

I took my little lady to the park AGAIN yesterday. I think I will keep bring her there until we got kicked out or something...Frown

Too bad I am not rich and don't own a piece of land. Otherwise I will open a doggie-only park for us!! Why treat all the dog owner like 2nd class citizen? We dog owners have rights also!!

Anyway, I will be there every week. Next time you might see me on TV News being charged of breaking the "no-pet" law ...And then I will got kicked back to Canada...Remember to bail me out when that time comes

Frown

Code

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my